Code of Conduct

Default Jil Sander - Identification help needed

I got Jil Sander-mini off eBay and it has only "MAN" printed on it (as far as naming goes). I do have bottles of Feeling Man (1989), Man Pure (1981) and Man (2007) but it is neither of them. The thing is that I love the stuff in this mysterious mini but am helplessly confused about what I have to look for now. Could it be Sander for Man perhaps? Or Scent 79 for Men? Or Man Two? I have a hunch that it might be the latter but any help would be appreciated.

The mini in question looks like this:

Default Re: Jil Sander - Identification help needed

That is a German / European bottle . It was originally marketed as man (II) but in the western "feeling man".

You have to love the German companies like Hugo who love to call everything by the same name and just tweek the bottle design

Thank you, scentimus! I'm not entirely sure if that is the case though since I also own a mini of Feeling Man (plus a big bottle on the way, since it's awesome) that came in the same kind of bottle but the juice has a slightly different color, is actually labeled "Feeling Man" and smells quite different. Although there are some similarities, I'm pretty sure that it's not the same fragrance. In fact I feel kinda desperate to own them both.

Here's a picture showing three different minis, the one in question is the left one.

Last edited by Nasenmann; 12th July 2011 at 06:02 PM.

I assume you have smelled the middle bottle as well?
    Do all 3 bottles smell different from each other?

Yes, the one in the middle is the Feeling Man as I know and love it. The one on the left smells like a different fragrance. I haven't smelled the one on the right yet.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 12th July 2011 at 08:08 PM.

I am pretty sure if I have seen the 1 on the left marketed as Feeling Man (same brown colour juice)
    All my bottles are similar to the 1 on the right and they smell like the notes listed from the fragrance directory here.. I am wondering if there are any chances of this being reformulated thus resulting in the colour difference of the juice?

Hmm, maybe... The one with the "Feeling Man" printed on smells sweeter, with a bit of that cotton candy-like note and the one on the left smells greener, with more leather and overall a tiny bit more like a traditional 80ies frag. I guess I'll have to sample myself through every fragrance they have created so far. Jil Sander gave us some marvellous stuff but I find their naming system utterly confusing and their decisions regarding discontinuations more then strange.