Code of Conduct

Default Which of these colognes would you wear around a new girl?

Topic says it all. Out of the colognes in my list, which would you choose to wear around a new girl that you're trying to get with?

- chanel allure sport
    - creed MI
    - versace man eau fraiche
    - l'eau d'issey
    - black xs

other pleasing ones I could add to the list that I don't really wear but could consider "safe" are abercrombie fierce and curve lol

Default Re: Which of these colognes would you wear around a new girl?

Definitely Issey or the more aquatic ones. I think its better to start off aquatic with someone new rather than a huff, heavy, musky introduction as the former is more airy and doesn't intrude as much in your introduction. but it also depends on the location: first time in club, etc. then that would possibly merit a more serious frag. but on a general level, definitely the unobtrusive, airy, cool aqua colognes so as to not make an encroaching first impression.

MI, I suppose. Cologne isn't going to get you laid.

If I weren't married, IMO any of the scents mentioned except the Versace.

The aquatics are always a safe bet.....You don't want to blow them away on the first date.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Lol thanks, I don't expect it to. Just want her to like the way I smell so she will get closer to me duh! =)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If I weren't married, IMO any of the scents mentioned except the Versace.
    why except the versace? any reason specifically? it's an aquatic so thats why im curious

btw I just turned 22 and she's 19 so thats why I listed the frags that I did. The weather where I live is hot everyday so I don't want anything too heavy you know?

I'd go with Allure Homme Sport, just because it's the best smelling out of the ones you picked. I don't think it matters that much. None of the frags you mentioned are gonna blow her mind or anything.

MI. Black XS is like a bubble gum accord and that could either go well or bad. MI is your best bet of those. It has never failed to get me compliments along with Aventus, GIT, and SMW.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Between MI and Allure Sport would be a safe bet. you can't go wrong with either of these two.

I fully second both MI and Allure Sport

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    O/k - You think a cologne would get somebody laid. And You do not think of the canibal feast that ends the film respectively the book (I read it first) "The Perfume" by Susskind. Isn't such an end quite ironic, is it?

I recently started a thread regarding that prominent topic of choosing a working perfume to seduce somebody. *btw wouldn't she f*** the perfume instead of the man, then?!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280......?highlight=

Given the case she herself likes to smell kinda whatever is considered 'good' or at least appropriate. So, eventually, what does SHE 'wear'?

Gentlemen, a mind tumbling question, I know. See You.

Creed MI.

Wear whatever you like and are comfortable with. IMO all of fragrances you listed are easy to wear and hard to dislike.

I wore this around last new girl

1st date Terre D'Hermes
    2nd Rochas Man
    3rd Body Kouros
    4th Bleu De Chanel
    5th Pi
    6th Nightflight
    7th Acqua Di Gio

Bleu De Chanel, Acqua Di Gio, Pi and Body Kouros got most positive comments (especially Bleu and Gio).
    When I wore Nightflight she asked me something like: Today you wear this FA spray for men, right?
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Bryann9182 View Post
    Topic says it all. Out of the colognes in my list, which would you choose to wear around a new girl that you're trying to get with?

- chanel allure sport
    - creed MI
    - versace man eau fraiche
    - l'eau d'issey
    - black xs

other pleasing ones I could add to the list that I don't really wear but could consider "safe" are abercrombie fierce and curve lol
    Personally none of them. But then again, I would never be trying to "get with a girl". Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Creed MI would be the only option I would consider from the above list though obviously the fragrance is of secondary importance compared to personality, manners, sense of humour etc etc etc.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th July 2011 at 04:53 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Personally none of them. But then again, I would never be trying to "get with a girl". Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
    ROFL. Seinfeld??

CREED MI.

I'd also consider Fierce depending on where you live. If you're American it's a big no no, European I think it's a good call (not many people wear it over here).

Out of the colognes in my list, which would you choose to wear around a new girl that you're trying to get with?
    Just want her to like the way I smell so she will get closer to me duh! =)

Let me put it another way. Imagine the least appealing girl you've ever known. Imagine her wearing your favourite-on-a-girl perfume. So - do you like the way she smells and will you get closer to her? Hmm? Your answer is ??

Any particular fragrance won't help.

What must you think of this girl if you think how you smell will get her closer to you?

Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    O/k - You think a cologne would get somebody laid. And You do not think of the canibal feast that ends the film respectively the book (I read it first) "The Perfume" by Susskind. Isn't such an end quite ironic, is it?

I recently started a thread regarding that prominent topic of choosing a working perfume to seduce somebody. *btw wouldn't she f*** the perfume instead of the man, then?!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280......?highlight=

Given the case she herself likes to smell kinda whatever is considered 'good' or at least appropriate. So, eventually, what does SHE 'wear'?

Gentlemen, a mind tumbling question, I know. See You.
    + 1

Any of the above, but as mentioned before fragrance won't get the girl. Your personality with some pimp skills will. Lol

Cmax...

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
    Haha, totally read that in Seinfeld's voice!

As for the OP, without a shadow of doubt MI from that list.

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Haha, totally read that in Seinfeld's voice!

As for the OP, without a shadow of doubt MI from that list.
    Think of the girl as knowing fragrance, as girls sometime do. Think of her identifying the CREED.

What would she think of him - he buys CREED what for? How could he reasonably spend that money on it? Is he that middle of the road guy to buy a 'niche' fragrance at Nyman Marcus? Or is he the all so well known sort of cheapskate who found a 'big deal' on ebay? Why the heck he didn't find something original if he is such keen on smelling 'good'? If he really likes it for himself, he is at least not a dandy but more of a snob, negative connotation. Or is he one of those guys who believe that dumb BS CREED sells as their 'history'? Does he believe in Royality as a good thing?

I don't see anything by which a CREED could make You differ from a gnome ...

... just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    Think of the girl as knowing fragrance, as girls sometime do. Think of her identifying the CREED.

What would she think of him - he buys CREED what for? How could he reasonably spend that money on it? Is he that middle of the road guy to buy a 'niche' fragrance at Nyman Marcus? Or is he the all so well known sort of cheapskate who found a 'big deal' on ebay? Why the heck he didn't find something original if he is such keen on smelling 'good'? If he really likes it for himself, he is at least not a dandy but more of a snob, negative connotation. Or is he one of those guys who believe that dumb BS CREED sells as their 'history'? Does he believe in Royality as a good thing?

I don't see anything by which a CREED could make You differ from a gnome ...

... just kidding
    I have told you before and I will tell you again, your opinion holds no weight with me. All you do is spew vile and baseless negativity on this website, all the while upholding an aura of faux "academia". It is MY PERSONAL OPINION that I have expressed to the poster who asked for our PERSONAL opinions that Millesime Imperial is his best option from the list. As I have recommended to you on multiple occasions, why don’t you just stick to answering the question at hand, instead of attempting to discredit everyone who gives an honest and thoughtful answer should they happen to *gasp* have an opposing opinion to yours.

MI for sure.

I think that 99.99% of people understand that their chances w/ the opposite sex are not entirely dependent on perfume.
    Last edited by Dorje123; 12th July 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    MI for sure.

I think that 99.99% of people understand that their chances w/ the opposite sex are not entirely dependent on perfume.
    That may be true but the .01% never give up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    MI for sure.

Amen to that!

No no...not A*Men

Wear what will make YOU feel most comfortable and confident. That's the secret. Fragrance isn't magic fall in love with you juice. It's just one part of the package. There are much more important parts like your personality for example.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Wear whatever you like and are comfortable with.
    Best advice here.

Wear what's going to make you feel like a king; if youre comfortable and confident that speaks volumes towards women. A fragrance can boost one's confidence as well as making a sensual impression upon the other person. Wearing something that covers both aspects is what will truly make a great first impression. Women aren't solely attracted based on looks, smell, or whatever else. It's more of a psychological game than a physical one. If you leave a great, confident, charming impression, you've done well. The fragrance merely enhances that impression.

[QUOTE=slvrbckgorilla;2223876]... why don’t you just ...QUOTE]

C'mon relax! Always CREED is suggested, whichever 'release' to whatever occasion. So, my question is, what would THE girl think of it, in case she knew what it was.

I don't see any destructivity in this. But the more in Your ad hominem ... whatever. Why ist that that You think that the trial to take the girls view is 'academia'? It's some kind of common sense to me.

Good message: if the girl knows about CREED, we won't be alone as fragranvce connossieurs. Wouldn't that be georgious? On the other hand, it would spoil the attempt to seduce by scent, though.

Honestly Yours

Best advice here.

Wear what's going to make you feel like a king; if youre comfortable and confident that speaks volumes towards women. A fragrance can boost one's confidence as well as making a sensual impression upon the other person. Wearing something that covers both aspects is what will truly make a great first impression. Women aren't solely attracted based on looks, smell, or whatever else. It's more of a psychological game than a physical one. If you leave a great, confident, charming impression, you've done well. The fragrance merely enhances that impression.

^^ +1!

MI is your best bet. I wouldn't recommend wearing the others except maybe Allure Homme Sport.

I would recommend these:
    -La Nuit De L'Homme
    -New Haarlem
    -Musc Ravageur

Appreciate the replies guys. Looks like I'll be going with MI for sure. And for everyone saying it wont get me laid, and all that, trust me I know. The last sentence of Neurosis' post is basically what I was getting at. I just want to "enhance" and leave a better impression on her. I have confidence and all that, so if she digs my personality AND the way I smell its a win/win

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    MI is your best bet. I wouldn't recommend wearing the others except maybe Allure Homme Sport.

I would recommend these:
    -La Nuit De L'Homme
    -New Haarlem
    -Musc Ravageur
    too hot where I live to wear new haarlem or musc ravageur. I could pull off La Nuit at night though for sure Didn't even think of that one.

Doesn't matter, they are all in the same league of mediocrity.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

[QUOTE=WildThingy;2224056]
    ... why don’t you just ...QUOTE]

C'mon relax! Always CREED is suggested, whichever 'release' to whatever occasion. So, my question is, what would THE girl think of it, in case she knew what it was.

I don't see any destructivity in this. But the more in Your ad hominem ... whatever. Why ist that that You think that the trial to take the girls view is 'academia'? It's some kind of common sense to me.

Good message: if the girl knows about CREED, we won't be alone as fragranvce connossieurs. Wouldn't that be georgious? On the other hand, it would spoil the attempt to seduce by scent, though.

Honestly Yours
    As much as I would love to get into yet another pissing contest with you, I would prefer to not spoil the sanctity of this thread with our differences. You are more than welcome to PM me where we can discuss the finer points of our opinions. And also, did you notice that the majority of the answers recommended MI? Kitsch? Maybe in your opinion. Must be infuriating to be wrong all the time...

... discuss the finer points of our opinions. And also, did you notice that the majority of the answers recommended MI? Kitsch?
    My personal opinion tends to see MI as one of the best and too catholic friendly contraception chemical in the world (in this case including both Mars and Venus). It prevents from pregnancy by an all natural effect, alas which for morals sake has to be kept a secret to all youngsters. But You're right, don't let us bother public with too explicit argumentations.

My girlfriend has always said that BY FAR the sexiest thing on a man is Fresh Sweat by The Body! Exercise a little before you see her!

Please go with Allure Homme Sport

MI

I've encountered quite a few womens lately who seem to like versace man eau fraiche quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    My girlfriend has always said that BY FAR the sexiest thing on a man is Fresh Sweat by The Body! Exercise a little before you see her!
    +7

Every girl or woman I dared to ask told me that a nice - and damn lightly applied - cologne would make a gentleman. But when it comes to physical action - perspectively, as to say - the original body odor is what counts. Regarding smell: solely (forget about the gent).

Sex is about enjoyment of bodily presence. Why do You guys think girls are stupid? In case she want's Your body, she want's Your body!

For the gentleman part I reiterated would suggest to find out what fragrance the girl uses. Use Your vast knowledge (of fragrance) to exude a compliment or two. But be warned, wise guys propagate asexual.

out of those, allure homme sport...

for me... kouros (: always makes them wet

Good advice here (from the nice folk) just go with what makes YOU feel great!

Basenotes Plus

Continued childish bickering ruins yet another thread.