Code of Conduct

Default Article: An interview with director of BBC's Perfume Documentary - Ian Denyer

Grant, thanks very much indeed for this, and for forwarding my questions to Mr Denyer.

I'm really looking forward to episode 3.

Default Re: Article: An interview with director of BBC's Perfume Documentary - Ian Denyer

Quote Originally Posted by Persolaise View Post
    Grant, thanks very much indeed for this, and for forwarding my questions to Mr Denyer.

I'm really looking forward to episode 3.
    And thanks for asking them. It saved me some work still haven't seen ep 2 yet so going to catch up today

Blog Entries

Just want to state again how great this series is, and to give my thanks to all involved. If this series should make it to BBC America, I'll watch it all over again (and please be sure that the word gets out on Basenotes if it does).

Really enjoyed all three episodes. It was the first series I had watched from start to finish on BBC4. A fantastic insight into a number of different sectors of the fragrance industry, managing to be both touching and informative.

Congratulations to all involved - and nice of Mr. Denyer to give us some insight into the process. I can only guess at how complex a project like this must have been to pull together, a beautifully choreographed piece of film-making.

Thanks so much for this interview Grant, really gives an insight into the way the series came together. Thanks also to Persolaise for your excellent, incisive questions. Great work guys!

Well reading between the lines and getting to the core, the only one small detail that I found a little daunting and not exactly the best of news, is that it seems one of the ever growing trends we have to look forward to is the prediction that fragrances are heading in the direction of becoming even more fruity. ~ DAMN !!!
    (Am I the only one who thinks this is bad news !?)

it was a great series.

Blog Entries

Loved this show

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: An interview with director of BBC's Perfume Documentary - Ian Denyer

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Well reading between the lines and getting to the core, the only one small detail that I found a little daunting and not exactly the best of news, is that it seems one of the ever growing trends we have to look forward to is the prediction that fragrances are heading in the direction of becoming even more fruity. ~ DAMN !!!
    (Am I the only one who thinks this is bad news !?)
    I agree. A little fruit is great - too much and it's not wanted here. But perhaps regional thinking will save us. If Brazil's penchant for fruit and China's preference for airy fragrances don't please us, perhaps the supposed Russian love for richer fragrances will come to our rescue!

Will this documentary be available for sale? I would love this one for my permanent library!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    If Brazil's penchant for fruit and China's preference for airy fragrances don't please us, perhaps the supposed Russian love for richer fragrances will come to our rescue!
    Lol. Don't forget the Arabs!

Watch it before they take it down:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbRFm...eature=related

Great series and would welcome a second go.

Loved the first and third episode. Didn't care for the 2nd one, the guy that was searching for new scents in places like phone booths (forgot his name) was so boring. Very informative series overall.

Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads