Code of Conduct

Default #4 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, SUNDAY July 24th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

-

Hey Everyone!

You've probably got a PM on the way about the FOURTH Toronto Meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

As has now become a tradition, the Nosey Bunch of Toronto are having another meetup and snifferoo and, of course, you're invited! Noor, a fabulous local boutique here in Toronto, is going to host us again - details for the meetup are below. So come on out and put some faces to the screen-names! For those of you who messaged to say that you would have liked to but couldn't make it out, here's your chance.

Plus, Noor has just added a few new exciting lines including Carthusia, Nasomatto and the new Hippie Rose from Heeley, so come check those out too!

If possible, please RSVP by posting here or through PM just to let us know if you think you’ll be there so we can get a sense of headcount for refreshment/food purposes.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!
    M.C.

Details
    Date: SUNDAY July 24th, 2011 – We’re going to try Sunday instead of Saturday for availability reasons. Location: Noor Boutique, 176 Cumberland St (Yorkville - MAP), 416-928-0700 (http://noorboutique.com/). Nahla and Fred are the friendly owners
    Time: Around 12pm/Noon to about 3:30 or so, but drop by any time. We may move around the area to some other locations at some point. Let’s see how things go and decide at the time.
    To Bring: Yourself and significant others, any industry books or magazines, business cards, samples/decants/bottles to share/trade (it might be nice to do a sample/decant/bottle swap while we’re there plus try some new things), etc

-
    PS – I’m just a customer at Noor and have no official affiliation with the store. They're just gracious enough to host us.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 13th July 2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: #4 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, SUNDAY July 24th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

Bump!

Default Re: #4 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, SUNDAY July 24th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

I'll be there!

bump

[QUOTE=Master-Classter;2224795]-

To Bring: Yourself and significant others, any industry books or magazines, business cards, samples/decants/bottles to share/trade (it might be nice to do a sample/decant/bottle swap while we’re there plus try some new things), etc
    ]

Oh my!! Thank you very much for inviting me but this is too high level for me! I have zero samples/bottles/business cards. Let me improve my perfumery making knowledge first, get my Osmotheque books, learn to make few accords, then, I will gladly join your group as an expert! :P
    Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent (Charles Baudelaire)

The odours do not have a sex. Nothing is prohibited in a perfume provided that it gets pleasures! (Jacques Cavallier)

Oops, sorry for the mess...

The odours do not have a sex. Nothing is prohibited in a perfume provided that it gets pleasures! (Jacques Cavallier)

I hope you're kidding!!!! Just come as you are. If people want to bring bottles to trade or samples to sniff and chat about it's OK, that's all I meant.

PM sent!
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 20th July 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Wish I could attend, but I'm in Vancouver.
    Have fun!
    I'll be there in spirit :-)
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Oh, so, then, no complex, I'll be there! See you at noon on Sunday

last bump
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Thanks everyone for coming out and joining us for such a fun event! It was great to see so many familiar faces and have a little sniff 'n chat with you.

Here are a few pics from the day - http://imageshack.us/g/26/storeoutside.jpg/

I suspect we'll do another one of these again around early November... if you aren't on Basenotes that often and want a more direct correspondance, send me your email through PM.