Code of Conduct

Default Meharees or (not Musc Ravageur) Frapin 1270?

I've worn meharees a few times from a decant and I like it. I prefer it to Musc Ravageur and the price gap is noticiable too, so it's a no brainer.

Problem is i've found an offer on Frapin 1270 (100ml edp) and i can get it for a few euros more than meharees (50ml edp).

I sampled 1270 some time ago and i remember it as a kinda boozy, gourmandish, sweet and comfortable smell. Don't know about it's sillage or longevity (my nose was kind untrained back then). I've read it falls short on both terms.

What would you do? which one would you get?

Default Re: Meharees or (not Musc Ravageur) Frapin 1270?

I would go for Musc Ravageur. I have sampled 1270 just the other day. It just toooo sweet! Like candy sweet! MR is definitely sexier than 1270. The Frapin could fit even for teen agers.

Thanks Volley2, but for some reason (besides the price gap) i prefer the results i get with meharees... there's something with MR I don't get or don't like.
    Anyway, by your answer i think you'd prefer Meharees over Frapin

Never smelled Frapin, but meharees smells great and lasts a long time. Personally I'd go with what you know you like.

Thanks Volley2, but for some reason (besides the price gap) i prefer the results i get with meharees... there's something with MR I don't get or don't like.
    Anyway, by your answer i think you'd prefer Meharees over Frapin

Hi Postumo! Sorry I didn't get the first part that you didn't like MR. =)

I'll try so sample 1270 again. Do you like really sweet scents? Then you might enjoy 1270. It's sweeter than SDV Guerlain (just a point of reference).

I remember it sweet, but not so sweet (i was a n00b when i tested it and i felt similarities with AMen... so it must be sweet).
    Maybe i'm being driven by the great offer i've found... don't know... anyway any input in the subject would be appreciated.

Own both.
    Actually, in terms of refinedness and sophistication the Frapin is one step above.
    But it also is a little more quiet than the Meharees.

Considering that offer you got there I would recomment buying the Frapin as Meharees is not going anywhere and you can always opt for it if you crave it in the future.
    Good deals on Fraping are a little more rare.
    Smellin good

Musc Ravageur is a beast compare to the others, get MR first then Frapin 1270 and last Meharees.

But I have a problem with Musc Ravageur: the smell i get on my skin (or for my taste) is no better than Meharees (to put it simply, i prefer the smell or meharees, a matter of taste i suppose). And for the price of MR, i get average longevity and average-to-poor sillage. May be a great skin scent, but i don't like skin scents.

Anyway, the problem has solved itself. No stock left for Frapin 1270 (and i'm not willing to pay full price for it). So Meharees it is.

Frapin 1270

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    But I have a problem with Musc Ravageur: the smell i get on my skin (or for my taste) is no better than Meharees (to put it simply, i prefer the smell or meharees, a matter of taste i suppose). And for the price of MR, i get average longevity and average-to-poor sillage. May be a great skin scent, but i don't like skin scents.

Anyway, the problem has solved itself. No stock left for Frapin 1270 (and i'm not willing to pay full price for it). So Meharees it is.
    Good choice.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread