Code of Conduct

Default armani code sport

i just purchased this today
    havent had much time to get to know it yet. but what i do get is a really nice minty freshness anyone else tried this whats your opinions on it
    Current top 5

1 spiriteuse double vanille
    2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

Default Re: armani code sport

Worst release of 2011.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Last more than the 3 hours of the original?

imo a good fragrance with excellent longevity and amazing projection. Andy thinks its rubbish I don't see that at all... There's a lot of split opinions on armani code homme sport. Just a question of taste imo. If you like fresh citrusy fragrances you might as well enjoy this one. It's nothing extraordinary but on the other hand I don't know any other fragrances with such a strong lemon/mint feel.

I had a friend call me and said this is fantastic.....I can't wait to sample this that's for sure!!!
    Gary

um definitely not the worst release this year.lol....

Perhaps the second worst thing i've ever smelt after Kouros. Truely horrible stuff.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    Worst release of 2011.
    It definitely ranks near the top of the list.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Actually not that bad. Par for the course as sports scents go.

Where is mint? :-X

it's very similar to davidoff champion, in case you didn't notice. In a side by side comparison however, code sport seems to last a bit longer (or the sprayer puts out more liquid with one spray)

Tried a sample today, it didnt impress me, I was expecting a fuller quite refined fresh minty smell. It's not a woefully unpleasant smell, but not for me. It reminds me of the smell of a generic diet lemonade, diet 7up/sprite that sort of thing, i'd give it a 4/10.
    Last edited by humptydumpty; 16th July 2011 at 06:59 PM.

of course basenotes is going to hate. Armani Code is a frag basenoters dont like to begin with, add the evil demon word: sport *shivers up and down spine as i say it*, you are in for a rude awakening.

but for what its worth i havent tried it lol...

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    of course basenotes is going to hate. Armani Code is a frag basenoters dont like to begin with, add the evil demon word: sport *shivers up and down spine as i say it*, you are in for a rude awakening.

but for what its worth i havent tried it lol...
    I love Armani Code, and I like plenty of "sport" fragrances as you'll see from my wardrobe. In fact, in some cases I prefer the "sport" versions of fragrances to the original ones (Dior Homme Sport, Roadster Sport for example) but Armani Code Sport is vile.

Just went to 2 Macy's in my area and neither have heard of Code Sport yet.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    I love Armani Code, and I like plenty of "sport" fragrances as you'll see from my wardrobe. In fact, in some cases I prefer the "sport" versions of fragrances to the original ones (Dior Homme Sport, Roadster Sport for example) but Armani Code Sport is vile.
    I actually like a lot of the dreaded "sport" fragrances as well. I've never understood the disdain for them (or other "mainstream" type scents, for that matter) that many on basenotes express. Another that I would add to the list that I like better than the original is Lacoste Essential Sport. (it gets awful reviews here & other places, but personally, I love it, & it's one of my favorite sports scents).

I haven't gotten to try Code Sport yet, but based on the description (mint, soda like), I can almost guarantee that I'll like it better than original Code, which is kinda bland and boring to me.

Mint, soda like? Hmmm.... Not to me. Sure, there's a dab of mint there, and there's an even smaller dab of vetiver in there, but everything that COULD have been good about this is, in my humble opinion completely ruined by the loud, obnoxious, bull in a china shop-like dollop of ginger. Now, I like ginger in fragrances. I like ginger a lot! But this has so much in your face ginger that it actually made my eyes water. Actually literally made my eyes water. I've never had such a strong negative reaction to a fragrance. Not even Kouros! (and I HATE that stuff!)

I will NOT be inflicting this abomination on those around me.

I sampled this and liked it.....I'll get this for sure.....After reading the negative remarks I thought this was really going to be a disaster.....I'm glad I sampled for myself!!!
    Gary

still not decided whether this was a good buy or not
    i do like the smell but it is a bit too light for my tastes. i put some bleu de chanel on about 3 hours ago and code sport about half hour ago and id say the projection is a bout the the same now with both
    im not usually one for sport scents and this is the reason why
    but i still really do like the mint in this scent
    Current top 5

1 spiriteuse double vanille
    2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

Sniffed this today. Completely mystified why they named this Code Sport. Has absolutely no similarity whatsoever to the original Code. Even Code Summer has some similarities to the original but this one, nothing.

My respect bar for Armani has gone WAY down releasing a crappy fragrance and trying to ride the back of one it's most popular. This release should have had a brand new name like they did with Diamonds. Pathetic ...

Can I ask why some think it is rubbish? I have not tried it yet is it the lemon lime notes?

I'm in the "LOVE IT" camp. Yea there are similar fragrances out there, and it doesn't bear much resemblance to the original, but I have been reaching for this one frequently lately. It just smells good.

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    it's very similar to davidoff champion, in case you didn't notice. In a side by side comparison however, code sport seems to last a bit longer (or the sprayer puts out more liquid with one spray)
    ... and they both on the top 5 of the worst releases of 2011 with Champion leading in the category "silly bottle 2011". No need for both, really, the perfume stores are already stuffed, are they not?!
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I am not happy with that scent at all. Wonder how many other version of Code they will make.

at first Mont Blanc Legend became a copy of Champion, not this one. tendency?
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Armani Code and Armani Code Sport are not alike..... And Polo Sport is nothing like Polo..... Polo Sport is one of the better if not the best sport fragrance..... Armani Code Sport is a bit lite but still lasts on my skin for a while!!! I will have a bottle!!!
    Gary

Jacques Cavallier hasn't done such a terrible job with Code Sport... whilst it's nothing inventive, it's mercifully far removed from the original Code. This scent contains a whopping 5% 'ambergris' (Ambrox) and it's quite evident here. I would liken it perhaps to Bvlgari Aqva in style. I think those whom have written it off completely might have lost a grip on what will appeal to your average Joe... essentially he's their target demographic. Not hardcore 'fume heads like many of us.
    Brief well fulfilled.

After reading a few threads of this I almost passed up even sniffing this. 20 minutes after sniffing I picked one up at full retail. Love it, amazes me how many hate this as it seems very unique to me. Cheers!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I actually like a lot of the dreaded "sport" fragrances as well. I've never understood the disdain for them (or other "mainstream" type scents, for that matter) that many on basenotes express. Another that I would add to the list that I like better than the original is Lacoste Essential Sport. (it gets awful reviews here & other places, but personally, I love it, & it's one of my favorite sports scents).

I haven't gotten to try Code Sport yet, but based on the description (mint, soda like), I can almost guarantee that I'll like it better than original Code, which is kinda bland and boring to me.
    Ditto on Lacoste Essential Sport, haven't gotten around to getting it but I'm a sucker for scents like that which last all throughout the day and this is one STICKS. Nice.
    The hate on Armani Code Sport just makes me more curious to try it even more. Such a sucker for going against the "turned-up-noses-at-mainstream-designer-releases-I'm-sticking-to-my-Amouages etc-wave" here. Love BN that way haha

I was given a 75ml bottle a few days ago by a former L'Oreal colleague, and feel it a reasonably well-rounded fragrance.
    Its not going to take the world by storm, but Ive certainly smelled worse. A lot worse.

I maintain it's Armani's answer to Bvlgari Aqva / Aqva Marine.

I quite enjoy it - i think it was actually really well done. Definitely not something for the individuals who have locked them self into the niche and vintage box though. hehe, love being a bitch sometimes lol

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by cformosa4 View Post
    hehe, love being a bitch sometimes

must... resist... commenting...

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    After reading a few threads of this I almost passed up even sniffing this. 20 minutes after sniffing I picked one up at full retail. Love it, amazes me how many hate this as it seems very unique to me. Cheers!
    I agree.....I was not a huge fan at first.....I Love this now.....A fantastic scent!!!
    Gary

The original armani code stay only 2 hour on the skin! (Terrible longevity on my skin)
    so sport release which means watered down version of the original will disappear after a few minutes! Not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    The original armani code stay only 2 hour on the skin! (Terrible longevity on my skin)
    so sport release which means watered down version of the original will disappear after a few minutes! Not for me!
    On my skin, the sport version projects very well, keeping the same intensity until the mid stages of the drydown.
    I'm very happy with this scent.

Longevity is 8 + hours on my skin .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Don't like it much personally. If you enjoy Allure Homme Sport or the top notes of Dior Sport, before the goodness comes in, perhaps you might like it, as, as far as I remember, they smell fairly similar. I'd put ACS at the bottom though.

Quote Originally Posted by cformosa4 View Post
    hehe, love being a bitch sometimes lol
    Actually tried this juice today. It would be a b***h if this fragrance did not get the year end award for worst scent of 2011..........Really really bad..