Code of Conduct

Default Cerchi nell' aqua - Jolie

Does anybody know this one? Got it as a surprise sample and it smells great. A boozy vanilla fragrance, kind of a pina colada smell. Will probably get a bottle.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Default Re: Cerchi nell' aqua - Jolie

What's the vanilla like vs. any other vanilla you've tried? How unisex is it? Longevity, sillage and projection? What are the "musky" basenotes like (if you've worn it long enough)?

LOL - Sorry for all the questions, I'm interested in adding a good vanilla to my collection!

I have little vanilla experience, I may prefer it over M.Micaleff's Note vanillée. I would say it is female.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Yes I know Jolie as well as all the fragrances of this wonderful italian niche brand mastered by the supertalented Master Perfumer Enrico Buccella. I recommend all the fragrances of the brand ( White Out, the gorgeous Waves, Ambr'ero', L'Exotique etc etc).

Cerchi Nell'Acqua Jolie opens with a delicate chypre accord more than vaguely aristocratic and art deco. A first spray on skin and immediately a flashback, I detect indeed for a while a sort of more shadowy Etro Heliotrope (dusty, sugary, vaguely anisic-boozy, inebriating) with a slightly more resinous, ambery and somewhat fruity approach. Just few time later the aroma evolves towards something decidedly more moody and velvety with several fruity accents (it seems, may be just ostensibly, to catch blueberries/blackberries in the air like in a sort of ideal more powdery Mure et Musc by L'Artisan Parfumeur) and finally with a leathery background. The note of vanilla is magistrally dosed in a way the aroma keeps on throughout to be dry, dusty and powdery/chypre. Probably powdery woods are included in the recipe so well joined with oakmoss, tonka, patchouli and final suede. Anyway amber, such of rise cream and in my opinion eliotrope are the key notes as well combined with red fruits from the forest. I detect a touch of pepper too or anyway a spicy touch providing a sort of sparkling undertone- a touch of ginger?) and delicate floral patterns (may be rose) providing a touch of subtle sophistication. In this final phase I detect similarities with Farmacia SS. Annunziata Fiore di Riso, so diaphane and subtle. The aroma is clean, balanced, discreet and almost royal. Sugar is listed as note but the aroma is never sugary of sticky while develops even dry and delicately mild. Another elegant and refined creation by Mr Enrico Buccella recommended to all those angels playing the game of diaphanous measure.