Code of Conduct

Default Leaky sample atomizers, has that happend to you?

I've noticed that whenever I get samples from Sephora and Neiman Marcus they always tend to leak (at the sides). They are the cheap plastic 2ml roller atomizers. I always try to keep my samples upright since having them laying on the sides is guarantee for leakage. But even keeping them upright they still leak! I usually lose about a quarter to as much as half of the contents whenever the samples leak. It irritates me some especially if the samples are worth something ie: CREED, Tom Ford, Amouage, etc. Has this happen to you? Any thoughts?

Default Re: Leaky sample atomizers, has that happend to you?

Yes it happens quite often to me... They just don't close really well sometimes either. So the juice evaporates over time. I was thinking about getting 5ml plastic decant sprayers. I sometimes have 3 2ml samples of a fragrance so maybe I could just fill it in there for much better application and hopefully no leakage... I'm not too much a fan of these roller/stick/splash samples. A little cheap sprayer works much better imo. Even if it doesn't spray as good you can still spray more and usually they don't leak all the time or you spill some juice all over it when applying..

Yep, the 2ml plastic spray atomizers from www.ausliebezumduft.de tend to leak when you lay them on the side after they have been used. Not all, but some certainly do.

That's why I try to avoid hoarding samples and decants. If I have to, I make sure they're transferred to good quality glass atomisers. As for ausliebezumduft, I've had no problems with their atomisers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    They are the cheap plastic 2ml roller atomizers.
    What's a roller atomizer?

I find that half the time I get a sample from Sephora, the SA doesn't press down hard enough to secure the top fully in to the tube, and thus it will leak. These atomizers are non-threaded, one time use only, so you really have to press down fairly hard to make the spray top and cap "click" down in to the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    What's a roller atomizer?

I find that half the time I get a sample from Sephora, the SA doesn't press down hard enough to secure the top fully in to the tube, and thus it will leak. These atomizers are non-threaded, one time use only, so you really have to press down fairly hard to make the spray top and cap "click" down in to the tube.
    That's true SA don't always securely close the atomizers, so I have to always check. Even if the atomizers are securely closed they still tend to leak out.

I have over 50 samples and neither vials nor atomizers have ever leaked. It would be a catastrophe if they did.

for swap/sale:

Fortunately it never happened to me. I've over 200 samples litterally throwed in several boxes and as Hedonist said it would be a catastrophe if they did.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Fortunately it never happened to me. I've over 200 samples litterally throwed in several boxes and as Hedonist said it would be a catastrophe if they did.

Do you hear that ? Its the sound me of knocking, no banging on wood hahaha for you , me an others have who been leak-free.
    LOL

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Do you hear that ? Its the sound me of knocking, no banging on wood hahaha for you , me an others have who been leak-free.
    LOL
    LOL I'm very bad with samples, I know.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

none of my samples leaked.

Thank God I have no samples. However if any of my bottles leaked....

I've had leaks from atomizers from Neiman Marcus and Barneys. I decant them into the 2.5ml atomizers from Accessories for Fragrances as soon as I get home - those don't leak.