Code of Conduct

Red face dior Homme Intense - I finally sprung for a bottle

I have never been so impressed with a fragrance in the likes of this one in awhile. This is an amazing elixir for men and I can truly understand why dior has sleeted this to be their men's fragrance flagship.

The combination of notes is unique in on how they can mimic to the senses nuances of rich Belgian chocolate when the scent contains no classic gourmand notes other then vanilla. WOW! As a young man I was busy playing baseball so I never played with my mom makeup bag or smelled /or wore her lipsticks - so I can comment on those statements about this fragrance.

Both sillage and lastability are off the scale for this fragrance as would be expected. This will be well worn and I feel now always a part of my wardrobe going forward.

I am sad that it took me a while to discover this gem and wish that dior made it more available here in the united states.

Default Re: dior Homme Intense - I finally sprung for a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I have never been so impressed with a fragrance in the likes of this one in awhile. This is an amazing elixir for men and I can truly understand why dior has sleeted this to be their men's fragrance flagship.

The combination of notes is unique in on how they can mimic to the senses nuances of rich Belgian chocolate when the scent contains no classic gourmand notes other then vanilla. WOW! As a young man I was busy playing baseball so I never played with my mom makeup bag or smelled /or wore her lipsticks - so I can comment on those statements about this fragrance.

Both sillage and lastability are off the scale for this fragrance as would be expected. This will be well worn and I feel now always a part of my wardrobe going forward.

I am sad that it took me a while to discover this gem and wish that dior made it more available here in the united states.
    You should consider Guerlain L'Instant Extreme

Is it just basically a stronger version of Homme or different?

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    Is it just basically a stronger version of Homme or different?
    Different

Intense has a much richer cocoa and citrus notes. It has a more refined scent and has longer longevity and projection.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...ant-PH-Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Different

Intense has a much richer cocoa and citrus notes. It has a more refined scent and has longer longevity and projection.
    Sorry, I was referring to the Dior.

oh boy, here we go again

k it goes like this

dior homme>>>>>>>>>>>>dior homme intense>>>>>>>>l'instant x

Unfortunately L'Instant Extreme is even more difficult to find in the USA than Dior Homme Intense.

I was sooo close to ordering samples of both, but decided against it. First of all, if they are so good, why are they a bit difficult to obtain in the freaking USA? I should be able to make 3 clicks on my mouse and have as many bottles as I want if they are in demand. Second, aren't they both just spruced up chocolate and vanilla scents? Of course they are going to be considered good fragrances with those scents in it, virtually everybody loves the smell of that. I'll probably sample them eventually, but I'm not really sure how unique they can be from what I've read.

I was thinking of springing for a bottle of this myself. I have L'Instant EDT as I find it easier to wear in the heat so I didn't want to invest in basically the same fragrance (Extreme). I'm more interested in DHI since it's sillage and longevity are becoming legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I was sooo close to ordering samples of both, but decided against it. First of all, if they are so good, why are they a bit difficult to obtain in the freaking USA? I should be able to make 3 clicks on my mouse and have as many bottles as I want if they are in demand. Second, aren't they both just spruced up chocolate and vanilla scents? Of course they are going to be considered good fragrances with those scents in it, virtually everybody loves the smell of that. I'll probably sample them eventually, but I'm not really sure how unique they can be from what I've read.
    From what I've read it's all about the cocoa. I don't smell any vanilla in L'Instant and I wouldn't consider it a gourmand. I don't know about the EDP but the EDT is on the lines of Rochas Man. It has that citrus up top, none of the sweetness of RM, and a faint cocoa note which I like better than coffee or chocolate. I'd like to know which one is the sweeter and more of a true gourmand. If they're both gourmands I'd like to know how close they come to the sweetness of the Mugler line.

I think dior homme intense is much sweeter than l'instant extreme and probably equivalent, or close to it, to the pure malt sweetness. At least that's what I think and how I feel from experience on my skin.

I'm definetely gonna buy the 3.4oz this week or next of DHI.

A good purchase and a very sexy fragrance that is smooth and lasts though I do not find the sillage to be that great on me. And like others have said checking out L instant Extreme Pour Homme would be well worth it. Imo it beats DHI which is no mean feat and is a great fragrance.

Very nice fragrance indeed, with the iris and vanilla, sexy stuff. Hard to find but it's worth the effort.

I really like it too. Got a wedding party over the weekend, and I'm thinking to buy it. I basically needed a good reason to splash few quid Such a sophisticated fragrance. I recently sampled Kenzo Power, and the basenotes are strikingly similar, and after all it is Polge's hand in both scents...
    Ŕ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Quote Originally Posted by vox View Post
    Very nice fragrance indeed, with the iris and vanilla, sexy stuff. Hard to find but it's worth the effort.
    Agree.

I own two bottle of Guerlain I'Instante Intense EDP though it is a good scent - Dior Homme Intense is much more luminous like this...

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Different

I disagree. I feel that Dior Homme is more refined than Intense. Rarely is the fragrance with "...longer longevity and projection" more refined.

Intense has a "thicker" feel. I guess most EDP's do.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

First of all, if they are so good, why are they a bit difficult to obtain in the freaking USA?
    Oh my god, that is sooo typical American!

It is simply awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    lol

Quoting Michael Caine : "There's only two types of people in this world that I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the DUTCH!"

I believe that's from the Austin Powers series.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Quoting Michael Caine : "There's only two types of people in this world that I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures...and the DUTCH!"

I believe that's from the Austin Powers series.
    FAIL!

Another example of the hilarious American ignorance when it comes to the world
    outside their own borders.
    The Ducth are from the Netherlands/Holland, I'm from Denmark = Dane/Danish!

Call me a racist, but, I actually do love Americans ... you are too funny!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 15th July 2011 at 08:02 PM.

There's a world outside our borders? Wait...we have borders?

That's the spirit!

deleted

In before the lock.

I am probably only one that smells more vanilla than cocoa from DHI. It is must try for every vanilla lover and have to be respected by everyone because it smells very natural with above average longevity.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I meant because it's such a large market, not because we are better in any way. If you had a product to sell, would you want to make your product easily available to over 300 million people? The answer is yes.
    Last edited by Stew; 16th July 2011 at 01:48 AM.

I meant because it's such a large market, not because we are better in any way. If you had a product to sell, would you want to make your product easily available to over 300 million people? The answer is yes.
    That is wrong! Make it more difficult and exclusive the market will come to it. Make it available to 300 you'll have Aqua Di Gio.

Here's what I would be thinking...."It's hard to find Dior Intense....must not be in demand because it's not that great....I'll just buy something else instead."
    Last edited by Stew; 16th July 2011 at 02:30 AM.

DHI - beamed in directly from heaven. Buy now, stock up, before reformulations wreck it.

Le Grand Duc is 100% responsible for my Dior Homme addiction. There should be a law or something. . .

That is wrong! Make it more difficult and exclusive the market will come to it. Make it available to 300 you'll have Aqua Di Gio.
    It's one thing if it's difficult to find, ie, only available in boutiques in select large cities, but it's another thing if it's just simply not there at all. I've heard this is available at the Dior NYC store, but I was going to call the Boston one to see if it's available there.

Sorry but does anyone know where Dior Homme Intense can be purchased in Canada?