Default Diaghilev by Roja Dove

top notes: bergamote, lemon and orange
    heart: rose de mai and jasmine
    base notes: oak moss, orris, patchouli, vanilla and vetiver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

It's a lovely fragrance. My mother has this

It is a classic chypre , I have worn it everyday for weeks !
    I bought the refillable 250 ml flacon - if you'd like to try a sample let me know !

I agree with you both and I will have to eat my words that I posted after my first impression... I too have the refill in the pipeline.

This really needs to be added to the database !

Agreed Thanks, waftbycarol!

Bump... maybe we could get this in the directory with the next additions? This is considered by many one of the very best contemporary chyprés available!

Thanks ^^
    I've just submitted my review for approval.
    Last edited by Larimar; 25th January 2012 at 08:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

To make things a bit more difficult the Eau de Parfum is apparently discontinued, as of now, while being reformulated! The only Diaghilev available now is the parfum (extrait) which is quite a different composition!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    To make things a bit more difficult the Eau de Parfum is apparently discontinued, as of now, while being reformulated! The only Diaghilev available now is the parfum (extrait) which is quite a different composition!
    Interesting. The guy at the Dove counter in Harrod's didn't say anything about that when I had a long chat with him a couple of weeks ago while testing it.

I thought it was incredibly beautiful for the first half hour, but then it went completely urinous on me - think alley next to the pub on a Sunday morning. That was a relief, actually, as it's so expensive!

Yes, thanks, AnthonyDG! That is also my understanding. I am happy that I secured a refill of the very reasonably priced EdP, which is exquisite. I am NOT impressed by this marketing move as the EdP was plenty good, tenacious and rich enough at what was a 1/5 of the price???

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, Larimar - the difference between you and I is that I wasn't able to secure a good supply, even an adequate one, of the Eau de Parfum! I much prefer the EdP and believe in this day and age of reformulation it *could* have something to do with oakmoss? Even though Diaghilev was created well after IFRA restrictions were well-known... I'm not sure... but I share your sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Yes, thanks, AnthonyDG! That is also my understanding. I am happy that I secured a refill of the very reasonably priced EdP, which is exquisite. I am NOT impressed by this marketing move as the EdP was plenty good, tenacious and rich enough at what was a 1/5 of the price???
    - - - Updated - - -

I wonder if maybe that was the oakmoss component? Oakmoss can dry down in rather strange ways, to my nose, though I can't say urinous has come to mind! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Interesting. The guy at the Dove counter in Harrod's didn't say anything about that when I had a long chat with him a couple of weeks ago while testing it.

I thought it was incredibly beautiful for the first half hour, but then it went completely urinous on me - think alley next to the pub on a Sunday morning. That was a relief, actually, as it's so expensive!

Anthony, maybe Roja Dove did not follow regulations when creating Diaghilev as it was in very limited distribution, a special edition only with a small batch of refills (aimed at the ones - not me - who had the original bulb atomizer already). Looking at the notes list I see a lot of citrus in the top notes and that almost 'fruity' impression lasts thanks to the jasmine well into the drydown, where the woody tones take over. Both these components are restricted and might have been modified for a broader parfum release. I am sorry to hear you are both disappointed by the new one. Urinous? Some civet to make things a bit dirty?