Code of Conduct

Default La Collection Privée Christian Dior Vétiver

Is this too close to Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver to justify a separate purchase?

Default Re: La Collection Privée Christian Dior Vétiver

A worthy purchase IMO.

Very close to it, I couldn't justify the purchase for now. Have u tried Sycomore?

Not close whatsoever.

GV is smoky which Dior's isn't.
    Plus GV has a strong citric note (grapefruit).

for swap/sale:

Definitely no resemblance to each other. Worthy of a purchase. Dior Vetiver is a nice clean minimalist classy scent.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Not close whatsoever.

GV is smoky which Dior's isn't.
    Plus GV has a strong citric note (grapefruit).
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Definitely no resemblance to each other. Worthy of a purchase. Dior Vetiver is a nice clean minimalist classy scent.
    Thanks guys. That's what I felt, especially how Beck described it (minimalist and classy)

Has anyone who has some experience with La Collection Privée Christian Dior Vétiver get any coffee at all?
    They talk about the HEART NOTE OF SOUTH AMERICAN ROBUSTA COFFEE (Cultivated in South America, Coffee is used as a “pleasure” note in this fragrance. This is a full, roasted Coffee that balances and softens the contrasts of Vétiver, making it more hedonistic.)
    I love this Vétiver and just ordered a 4.25 oz. bottle from Dior.com, even if I never detect the coffee.

I've got the large bottle of this and love it. I don't get roasted coffee bean, but I do get brewed coffee/espresso with the sharp, dry and a bit bitter nuances such as when you smell an empty cup after you've finished the coffee. The coffee note is not meant as a gourmand, but more as a supporting bitter element to the grapefruit top connecting it to the raw vetiver. I smell this note from the top to far dry down.

This is fast becoming one of my most favorite Vetivers, along with the Malle and the Hermes (VT). It's very easy to wear and extremely high quality.

I have to say Dior may have become the silent giant out of the big three (Chanel, Guerlain, Dior) ...their output over the past 3 years has been consistently good both in the exclusive and mainstream line (excluding some needless Dior Homme flankers) and this new Dior Vetiver is a good take on the classic vetiver formula.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    I've got the large bottle of this and love it. I don't get roasted coffee bean, but I do get brewed coffee/espresso with the sharp, dry and a bit bitter nuances such as when you smell an empty cup after you've finished the coffee. The coffee note is not meant as a gourmand, but more as a supporting bitter element to the grapefruit top connecting it to the raw vetiver. I smell this note from the top to far dry down.

This is fast becoming one of my most favorite Vetivers, along with the Malle and the Hermes (VT). It's very easy to wear and extremely high quality.

I finally got it. Sprayed one hand with Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver and the other with La Collection Privée Christian Dior Vétiver. The citric component of Grey Vetiver made it a little easier to detect the coffee in La Collection Privée. It was very subtle, but that earthiness, grounding element of the coffee is indeed there. My nose is getting better.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I finally got it....It was very subtle, but that earthiness, grounding element of the coffee is indeed there. My nose is getting better.
    Agreed!

The coffee note does not have any solo role in the "recital". It is more like a deep background harmonic accord which gives this particular vetiver frag it's earthy allure.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I finally got it. Sprayed one hand with Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver and the other with La Collection Privée Christian Dior Vétiver. The citric component of Grey Vetiver made it a little easier to detect the coffee in La Collection Privée. It was very subtle, but that earthiness, grounding element of the coffee is indeed there. My nose is getting better.
    Outstanding!