Code of Conduct

Default New men's giveaway thread, no requests, no hogs allowed. 07/01//2014

Offering samples and bottles for free will be allowed here. Let's see if we can do this without asking for sample shipping costs. If someone offers samples and then later receives some, the costs should be a wash. Shipping samples in a small sandwich type baggie and then placing them in a bubble wrap envelope should cost no more than $2.00 U.S. Bottle shipping requests must be for typical shipping costs. Even though the bottles are free please pack them carefully! This should be a fun and conflict free experience. Please do not ask for more than one freebie per month. We do not want "freebie hogs" to ruin the experience for everyone else. Requests are not allowed here, as doing so would be outside the marketplace rules and allowing it would lead to requests from those who do not meet marketplace requirements. Please state to whom you have sent samples. Some reply by PM so no one knows who got them. We want to be able to see if anyone is "hogging" the sample giveaway. Regarding shipping out of one's country- Although some have no problem with this, it is certainly not an obligation. Some must wait on line at an actual post office to do so as opposed to being able to ship domestically from an annex. So let's not disparage those who state CONUS or EU ONLY, for example.

All responses to giveaways should be public so there is no question as to who was first. It may be wise to first post publicly and then follow with a PM with one's address.

Default Re: New men's giveaway thread, no requests, no hogs allowed. 07/01//2014

U.K. only (due to postal restrictions here), any four samples from my wardrobe lists.

Please post member name in thread to claim then pm address.

Edit: Claimed - ripjean - 5 Jul 14.
    Last edited by lpp; 5th July 2014 at 08:50 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Default Re: New men's giveaway thread, no requests, no hogs allowed. 07/01//2014

I would like to give away ~1.5 mL of Rose 31 in an official Le Labo spray vial. I tried to like this one, but it's just too spicy for me. US only.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I would like to give away ~1.5 mL of Rose 31 in an official Le Labo spray vial. I tried to like this one, but it's just too spicy for me. US only.
    Damn, been wanting to try that one but I just claimed something recently so I guess I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Damn, been wanting to try that one but I just claimed something recently so I guess I'm out.
    I'd be glad to send it to you, as long as it's ok with the mods.

I'd be glad to send it to you, as long as it's ok with the mods.
    Thanks - I'll leave it up to the mods. Pretty sure I've given away as many times as I've received, but it's cool either way.

I've been wanting to try it also.. is it true it smells like bo? Lol.. cuz of the cumin?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    I've been wanting to try it also.. is it true it smells like bo? Lol.. cuz of the cumin?
    Go ahead and give it to Mitch - I can eventually get my nose on it next time I go to SF.

Ok Mitch, PM me your address.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    U.K. only (due to postal restrictions here), any four samples from my wardrobe lists.

Please post member name in thread to claim then pm address.
    Hi Ipp,

Could I please put my name on Les Deserts d'Orient - Songe d'un Bois d'ete, Eau Duelle and Bois d'Armenie.

Let me know if this is OK and I will pm address.

Thank you,

Sure, ripjean

Many thanks Ipp, I have pm'ed my address to you. Without trying to sound hoggish can I also please request Opus iv (which takes me up to the 4 limit),

No problem, ripjean

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Offering samples and bottles for free will be allowed here. Let's see if we can do this without asking for sample shipping costs. If someone offers samples and then later receives some, the costs should be a wash. Shipping samples in a small sandwich type baggie and then placing them in a bubble wrap envelope should cost no more than $2.00 U.S. Bottle shipping requests must be for typical shipping costs. Even though the bottles are free please pack them carefully! This should be a fun and conflict free experience. Please do not ask for more than one freebie per month. We do not want "freebie hogs" to ruin the experience for everyone else. Requests are not allowed here, as doing so would be outside the marketplace rules and allowing it would lead to requests from those who do not meet marketplace requirements. Please state to whom you have sent samples. Some reply by PM so no one knows who got them. We want to be able to see if anyone is "hogging" the sample giveaway. Regarding shipping out of one's country- Although some have no problem with this, it is certainly not an obligation. Some must wait on line at an actual post office to do so as opposed to being able to ship domestically from an annex. So let's not disparage those who state CONUS or EU ONLY, for example.

All responses to giveaways should be public so there is no question as to who was first. It may be wise to first post publicly and then follow with a PM with one's address.
    Can i get a sample for free ? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by manuvaidya View Post
    Can i get a sample for free ? Thanks in advance.
    Welcome, manuvaidya

You need to wait until someone offers something - if you subscribe to updates to this thread you will know when that happens

Intact spray samples of Virgin Island Water, Tom Ford Black Orchid & Prada Infusion de Vetiver added & available to U.K. members.

Edit - claimed - Viffer
    Last edited by lpp; 21st July 2014 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Intact spray samples of Virgin Island Water, Tom Ford Black Orchid & Prada Infusion de Vetiver added & available to U.K. members.
    I'll take them
    how should we proceed?

Current top 10 (in no particular order)
    Guerlain HABIT ROUGE EDP
    IDOLE De Lubin Vintage EDT
    Roja Dove ROJA Parfum
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Boadicea The Victorious LEGEND
    YSL Splendid Wood
    Xerjoff HOMME
    Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
    Annick Goutal MYRRHE ARDENTE
    Salvador Dali Pour Homme

Hi Viffer! - just pm your address please & they will be posted (unless I melt before tomorrow lunchtime )

Do you ship them to Germany since it is also nearer to UK pls ?

Hi manuvaidya!

Sorry, no, because it's illegal to do that by any method that I can afford to use and they've already been claimed.

Maybe someone else here in Europe will list some soon

Samples arrived today
    Thank you Lpp

Current top 10 (in no particular order)
    Guerlain HABIT ROUGE EDP
    IDOLE De Lubin Vintage EDT
    Roja Dove ROJA Parfum
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Boadicea The Victorious LEGEND
    YSL Splendid Wood
    Xerjoff HOMME
    Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
    Annick Goutal MYRRHE ARDENTE
    Salvador Dali Pour Homme

You're welcome, Viffer!