Code of Conduct

Default Ted Lapidus' fragrances

I only own one Ted Lapidus scent - Lapidus Pour Homme. I love it; it's a nice strong, powerful scent that lasts all day. In fact, it's one of the most powerful fragrances in my collection, and I own a lot of "powerscents".

Lapidus has so many fragrances, but I have not tried any others. My question is whether or not Ted Lapidus has any other really powerful scents for men? If so, could you describe what they smell like?

Default Re: Ted Lapidus' fragrances

Altamir is a great one of theirs. It's a nice woody oriental with notes which include pineapple leaf, neroli, bergamot, cyclamen, orange blossom, jasmine, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, vetiver and teak wood.

AromiErotici

The original Ted Lapidus circa 1978. I had to take a digital pic once I received it since I cannot find an image other than basenotes.

I wore this scent today while at work and before ever smelling it, I had read the similarities to Leonard Pour Homme. I picked it up mainly for its rarity and my own curiosity. My review of Leonard will affirm that I do not care for it at all.

Well, surprise, surprise !!!! This is (IMO) everything Leonard tried to be 2 years later, but fell short. Leonard seemingly copied this leather chypre and made the accords stronger with a pronounced bonfire aura. Lapidus is the original bonfire, albeit of a softer nature and superior citric in the opening accord. By the time the heartnotes arrive, you can smell the definitive similarities between these two with Lapidus having much better volume control ,superior blending and smokiness.

I find Lapidus distances itself yet further in the drydown. The leather anamalic base with amber and moss is awesomely crafted. It doesn't end "dark" and uber masculine like Leonard. Lapidus ends the race in the "sexy smoke" arena. This one is no contest.

Hey, AromiErotici, here are some pictures for your delight:

and...

sexy stuff.

Wait a minute...now I see you're talking about the original Ted Lapidus, and not Lapidus Pour Homme...but the pics are still damn hot!
    Last edited by GodISmellGood; 25th March 2010 at 03:42 PM.

Sur la Plage

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

GREAT to have Aromi's input again. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Black Soul and how that might compare with PH

Great review Aromi. yes Shamu, I recall wearing Ted Lapidus. It was good and Strong

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

TL pour Lui is a powerful, sweet woody oriental frag. Altamir on steroids! Its longevity is phenomenal. I respect this juice.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Tempted to try (Blue) Ted. Then again, not the biggest fan of LT pour lui and Black Soul. Both are good scents, but I find LT a little bit boring and BS a little too youthful and bubblegum perhaps.

Blue Ted or Aqua Quorum...maybe I should just resist the urge for something cheap and blue for summer and break out the old Cool Water instead

I really hate this lapidus ...IMO the worst fragrance I have
    but my father thinks it is the best ever

Also... Black soul smells horrible on skin.Like dirty kind of cheese LoL but smells good on tester papers

Black Soul is even stronger than TL pour Lui.I loosed my initial enthusiasm several weeks after the purchase and sold it to a friend .He claims BS help him to make new acquaintances with the ladies at the night clubs.

I suppose he's naive.

Women do seem to react in a positive manner to BS, I have experienced this too. It is the reason why I still own my bottle. Well, and it's not a bad scent, of course.

Black Soul is a better version of Paco Rabanne's 1 Million...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Black Soul is a better version of Paco Rabanne's 1 Million...
    Yes, I do agree. Now, why? Is it that the bubble gum notes have been toned down in favour of spices? It is dryer, I think that is what makes it a better version of the former.