Code of Conduct

Default Anyone sniffed the Grossmith scents that were featured on the BBC?

The Grossmith fragrances in the Perfume documentary on the BBC sounded wonderful, so I had to sniff them for myself. I found that they are, indeed, wonderfully beautiful and smell as though they're made from the best quality ingredients.
    Shem el Nessim is my favourite, being very soft and gentle yet persistent, with quality florals and oriental notes holding up well throughout. The drydown I thought very similar to L'Heure Bleue, so I'm not sure I'd want both. If I didn't have L'Heure Bleue, though, I'd definitely get an FB of this one.
    Phul-Nana seemed too soft and gentle for me, mainly floral but not particularly original, but again, you could smell the quality!
    Hasu-n-Hana is a very different, very distinctive Oriental, deep and dark and intriguing. There are some echoes of Mitsouko and Parfum Sacre, but it's not really like either of these. I have really never smelled anything like the overall effect it has. I could certainly imagine a beautiful geisha dabbing this on for a night out, and it would also make a great masculine IMO.
    Anyone else tried them?

Default Re: Anyone sniffed the Grossmith scents that were featured on the BBC?

Please click here for my Grossmith reviews from last year.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

I purchased Shem el Nessim last year for my mother, after she tried samples of the line up. It's a pleasant oriental and lasts a long time on her.

I have a sample of the Shem el Nessim and love it. Very old fashion/classic in the style of Caron or Guerlain. Would I be willing to pay 130 for a bottle? No, don't love it enough.
    DONNA

I'm not overly impressed with either of them. I have given them all a second wearing recently.