Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any fans of Ellenisia or Chanel Gardenia here?

Eventually I'd like to either replace the bottle of Chanel Gardenia I used up a couple of years ago, and/or purchase Penhaligon's Ellenisia, which is similar. *I love Chanel Gardenia, but it has many scent memories; *Ellenisia would be a new fragrance experience for me. *I liked the sample I had, a lot. *Yes, I'd eventually like both fragrances in my collection, but I'm curious to see others' thoughts on Ellenisia...or something similar.*Thank you *

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any fans of Ellenisia or Chanel Gardenia here?

I can't claim to be a fan of either one, but seeing how I have a decant of Ellenisia and a sample of Chanel Gardenia, I did the ol' wrist to wrist today. Gardenia is light, for a gardenia frag, but still heavier than Ellenisia. The Gardenia had a cooler, greener feel, with less vanilla sweetnessand no powder. I liked Gardenia best. The Ellenisia was even lighter! And though I put on the same generous amount, it vanished into a lightly floral sweet vanilla that was exceedingly delicate, and slightly powdery.

Then I put on an elbow spritz of Annick Goutal's Gardenia and was reminded of that indole thickness, a la L'Heure Bleue. Not similiar at all.

Then on the other elbow Kai perfume oil, which is very green and which I doubt contains vanilla. I liked it the best of all!

I don't know. It just depends on what your after, but the Ellenisia just didn't have the oomph for me. On the other hand, Penhaligon's Elizibethan Rose rocks. I have it in the full bottle and love it to bits. Their Bluebell is also a favorite of mine, although, Tovah, you might not be ready for it, possibly ever. It is absolutely the freshest, greenest, most delicate hyacinth. It smells just like the cut flower.

Heh,heh. This is not helpful at all! But at least I thought about you, and it's the thought that counts!!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    I don't know. *It just depends on what your after, but the Ellenisia just didn't have the oomph for me. * On *the other hand, Penhaligon's Elizibethan Rose rocks. *I have it in the full bottle and love it to bits. * Their Bluebell is also a favorite of mine, although, Tovah, you might not be ready for it, possibly ever. *It is absolutely the freshest, greenest, most delicate hyacinth. * It smells just like the cut flower.

I agree, Ellenisia is nice, but lacks something special to me. I don't know Bluebell, but Elizabethan Rose is a great rose scent. The Penhaligon's I like most is Artemisia-it's so wonderfully soft and comforting.
    Sorry I'm no help. I remember a gardenia topic recently. If you are looking for a new gardenia...
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't smelled the Chanel but I have tested Ellenisia twice and what I get first and foremost is the tuberose of Poison. No violet at all.