51. You may not vote on this poll
  • D&G PH

16 31.37%
  • Burberry London

23 45.10%
  • Body Kouros

18 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default D&G PH vs Burberry London vs Body Kouros for this Fall/Winter [College Student]

Hello,

I've been looking around for a new fragrance for this upcoming Fall/Winter.

I've done a lot of research on this forum and I've narrowed my choices down to 3 scents D&G PH, Burberry London and YSL's Body Kouros. I'm having a really hard time deciding which one(s) to buy(I might even end up buying all 3 :P)

Since I'm a college student (~20y/o), I'll be in classrooms most of the time so I want something that won't be too cloying to those around me.

Honestly, I really love all three (since they're all so different) although London seems to have poor longevity and poor projection on me . So if you had to choose one, which one (or which two) would you deem the most appropriate for my situation?

Feel Free to vote in the Poll!

Thank You!

Default Re: D&G PH vs Burberry London vs Body Kouros for this Fall/Winter [College Student]

damn. all three are amazing choices. I'll say Burberry London if you are more the gentlmen type, and Body Kouros if you are more the player type

Default Re: D&G PH vs Burberry London vs Body Kouros for this Fall/Winter [College Student]

Why limit yourself to these three, except for the poll? (OK, forced to choose I voted for D&G.)

If I was in college and wanted an inexpensive, all-around classroom scent that still pleased the girls, I'd reach for Polo Sport. It just works. Body Kouros tries too hard to be seductive, like you trying to talk in a Barry White voice, always on the prowl. It's just inappropriate sometimes.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 30th July 2011 at 09:07 AM.

I'd go with Burberry London.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Why limit yourself to these three, except for the poll? (OK, forced to choose I voted for D&G.)
    Well I'm not limiting myself to those 3, they're just the ones I'm hesitating between (I had a longer list, took a while to narrow it down to 3 :P). And also it's just simpler for me to ask this question instead of "Which is the best college winter fragrance".
    But thanks for the advice, I'll go check out Azzaro Chrome 2morrow!

From your list I'd go for Body Kouros.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

London doesn't have the biggest projection, but for the classroom I'd say that's a plus.

The better smell of the three is Burberry London. But the longevity is kind of a deal breaker too me. I own it myself (ad love it to bits) but never really uses it because of the spotty longevity. it can be completely gone after 3-4 hours on me.

Body Kouros may be a bit too strong/cloying for the purposes you mention. I would think twice about using that.

D&G Pour Homme dont have those two issues (unless you severly over or underspray that is). Therefore I would go with that. D&G Pour Homme is one of those fragrances that you just end up reaching for alot when in doubt what to wear, simply becuase it does so many things so well - and thats a good thing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wazoos View Post
    (I might even end up buying all 3 :P)
    If you do: Burberry London seems best suited for the classroom. D&G Pour Homme for clubbing/bar hopping. Body Kouros for dates. Wish I could be 20 again. lol

I enjoy Body Kouros but it's definitely not a classroom scent.

I own all three and love them all (I'm 21 btw). I get good longevity with London so I can't eliminate it for that. If you wear discretely then all are suitable for the classroom environment imo. D&G has the added bonus of being a good fragrance for all year round, London is probably the most limited for me as I only use it during the coldest months. I will re-buy them them all when they run out which gives you an idea of how highly I rate them.

I only where Burberry London around Christmas time as it seems to fit that time like a hand fits a glove. Spraying a bit on my collar I can get the scent to stay around all day.

Body Kouros .. I like all of them but Kouros is my fav.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    If you do: Burberry London seems best suited for the classroom. D&G Pour Homme for clubbing/bar hopping. Body Kouros for dates. Wish I could be 20 again. lol
    Agreed with that. In this case I voted for D&G pour homme.

I really love the smell of Body Kouros but I sometimes feel like it's a bit too heavy/cloying (Maybe I'm smelling the piece of paper too closely, I haven't gotten the chance to try it on my skin yet). I'm kinda scared it'll be too cloying to wear in small classrooms.

As for D&G PH, although it's a great scent, I feel like I'm going to get bored with it after 2 weeks :S. Also today this woman just massively sprayed my arm with it (like 4 sprays) and after ~5-6hours I can't even smell it anymore (Maybe I'm crazy). So this smell is most likely out of my list.

And for Burberry, the only downsides are the projection and longevity but oh well, what can I do :P.

I'm almost 100% sure that I'll pick up Burberry London. I still haven't made my choice for Body Kouros though. Thanks for the answers! [Keep them coming ]

BODY KOUROS!!!!!!!! this scent rocksmy world.......D&G is sooooooooo overrated and done...and BURBERRY is BORING..guranteeed BK will definitely wow you

I'd go with D&G PH, Body Kouros is too heavy for a classroom, Burberry only if you want to keep a decant with you and spray it every hour (can't be bothered with that).

Although longevity is essential, I do give more importance to the smell of the fragrance. And in my opinion, Burberry London's smell is phenomenal which is why I'm choosing it over D&G PH.

Body Kouros

Body Kouros is my favourite of the 3. I don't find it cloying, just stick to one spray at the top of the chest. If you find it cloying even with one spray, then maybe it's not for you, but don't worry about other people not liking how strong it is, in my experience other people find it pleasant and enjoyable.

If Burberry London does not last on you, don't get it. There are a couple of other frags that remind me of parts of London, John Varvatos Vintage and Armani Attitude. I personally prefer the smell of both of those over London.

The downside of this suggestion is that all three (London, Vintage, Attitude) have reports of longevity problems in the reviews, but it seems to be the luck of the draw, others report any one of these lasts on them. On me, Vintage lasts really well, Attitude is acceptable but I wish it lasted more, London is gone in no time at all. Try the other 2, you might like them and they might last for you.

It's like a three way tie!

Burberry London for the classroom.
    YSL Body Kouros for winter nightwear.
    D&G PH for the spring/summer.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo74 View Post
    Burberry London for the classroom.
    YSL Body Kouros for winter nightwear.
    D&G PH for the spring/summer.
    I do prefer Issey Miyake for the Spring/Summer. I just feel like D&G PH is just a bit too weak as a whole but maybe that's just on me.

From this list- Burberry London, no contest

D&G PH is probably the best for a classroom setting. Not too loud, and classy. Body Kouros can be loud. Perhaps with minimal sprays...maybe 1 or so...it could be okay in the classroom.
    London doesn't do it for me, though it's not a bad scent.

D&G ph, I can see wearing in the fall, but not exactly the winter. I personally would go with Body Kouros, applied lightly. 1 to the neck and may be 1 to the wrist and share with the other, and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I personally would go with Body Kouros, applied lightly. 1 to the neck and may be 1 to the wrist and share with the other, and that's it.
    Ya, that might be good . I'll probably buy London and Body Kouros and rotate. London probably gets boring after a while.

Burberry London all the way.A true masterpiece.I don't get any projection and longevity issues with this one.
    1.Burberry London-The best
    2.D&G PH-Nice 1 but comes 2nd.
    3.Body Kouros-Incense in a bottle.
    Last edited by padhee83; 18th September 2011 at 08:27 AM.

London
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

London +1

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

Burberry would have a GOAT scent on their hands if they sorted the projection and longevity out. Stupid cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    Burberry would have a GOAT scent on their hands if they sorted the projection and longevity out. Stupid cunts.
    ditto