Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Live Jazz's spearmint.

I just sprayed on some Live Jazz for my sotd. I haven't worn it in soooo long. If you know me, ya know I'm not much of a mint fan, in terms of fragrances. They often end up being overdone in mint, too cloying and smell like toothpaste.

Anyways.. The mint in LJ, is freakin epic, I never realized it until now. I mean, I always found it more natural and easier on the nose, but wow. We grow spearmint here in our herbal garden outside, I picked a couple spearmint leaves, rubbed them together to get some of the aroma out more. And the similarities are so close. Real spearmint straight from the plant, is naturally sweet, smooth, with just the slightest green sharpness. Live Jazz exemplifies this to a T.

It's amazing that a cheap fragrance could do something like this. Easily the best mint note ever.

Default Re: Live Jazz's spearmint.

I find the mint note comes across just right in this fragrance too, tempered by the citrus notes.

I agree with you 100%. Its very natural & refreshing. I find the cilantro in it very natural as well. Fresh herbal.
    I pulled this out the other day to start using it again for this summer & as soon as I sprayed it on I was quickly reminded just how great Live Jazz is. It is just so bright, refreshing & so uplifting. I will definately be using it alot now for this summer.

Live Jazz has to be one of the best bangs for your buck

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Its very natural & refreshing. I find the cilantro in it very natural as well. Fresh herbal.
    I pulled this out the other day to start using it again for this summer & as soon as I sprayed it on I was quickly reminded just how great Live Jazz is. It is just so bright, refreshing & so uplifting. I will definately be using it alot now for this summer.

Live Jazz has to be one of the best bangs for your buck
    +1 No doubt.

I'm not a mint fan either, but I recently acquired a vintage bottle of something called Play It Again... Sixty Strength which has some mint on top of a Brut type of frag (but smoother and with good note separation; also good quality ingredients). What I'm finding is that it's not so much the kind of frag but how well it's done, and of course whether I like the notes or not (I dislike strong cedar, for example).

Yeah it's one of the best if not the best mint note I've smelled. I don't know if it's the mint itself or the combination with the lemon that makes it smell natural.

I have a sample of LJ and intent to buy a full bottle at some point. The mint is quite nice along with the other ingredients that are of high quality. It reminds me of a cleaner, less offensive Milesime Imperial. Nice stuff for the price. It's predecessor Jazz is just as good, if not better.

good cheapie frag for sure.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Live Jazz is becoming a go to for hot weather.

2 compliments on it today alone.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

I don't like mint either but may have to check this one out

The bottle needs to be as fresh as possible to smell the mint.
    -

Live Jazz is awesome. I actually bought it blind as a result of this thread and I LOVE it. Thank you for that Cologneist.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    good cheapie frag for sure.
    Completely agree.

I wore Live Jazz yesterday, and kept thinking that it reminded me of Creed Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse with added mint notes. Not bad for $20 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mskillz1 View Post
    Live Jazz is awesome. I actually bought it blind as a result of this thread and I LOVE it. Thank you for that Cologneist.
    No prob, glad you enjoy this one