Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Directory is screwed up!

About half the time I access the Fragrance Directory I get a blank page except for some code at the top of the page.

When the page does load, the dropdown menu of Houses is not working.

Most searches turn up blank pages for the results.

The Directory is way messed up!

Default Re: Fragrance Directory is screwed up!

I've also just discovered that the Fragrance Directory has a (new) fault at the moment. If you go into "Fragrance Search", and go down to the "Find Fragrances by House" option, the drop down window, with the long alphabetical list of fragrance houses, no longer appears.
    I always found this the most convenient method of starting a search.

Anyone else found this problem?

Yes 3 Times A Lady, Fragrance Directory not working!

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    I've also just discovered that the Fragrance Directory has a (new) fault at the moment. If you go into "Fragrance Search", and go down to the "Find Fragrances by House" option, the drop down window, with the long alphabetical list of fragrance houses, no longer appears.
    I always found this the most convenient method of starting a search.

Anyone else found this problem?
    Yes, I have had the same problem and it is true no matter what computer I am working on. Noggs also mentioned this problem in the post just preceding yours.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Fragrance Directory is screwed up!

About half the time I access the Fragrance Directory I get a blank page except for some code at the top of the page.
    When the page does load, the dropdown menu of Houses is not working.
    Most searches turn up blank pages for the results.
    The Directory is way messed up!
    What he said. I have to go a round-about way to even post a scent on the 'See What Others are Wearing'. I can see what others are wearing, I just can't let others see what I am wearing!

Last night I was actually capable of accessing my own Wardrobe and when I did and chose one of my samples, I could use the Post it for the Scent. But that's the only way I can. If I try to use the Fragrance Directory I am taken to the Code From Hell , whereat all things stop forever and ever .

I'm having decent success searching for a specific House, but the drop down menu with the list of Houses is still not working.

However, if I search for a specific fragrance, I almost always get a blank page returned (well, except for the now standard lines of code at the top). It's as if the search mechanism runs out of gas trying to search through the fragrances. Houses it can handle, but not fragrances. So I've given up searching for specific fragrances and have to find them by searching for the House first and hope that it works.

Also, none of the links to the other Basenotes pages (Home, Forum, News, Wardrobe, Advanced Search, etc) work on the Fragrance Directory page. I get HTTP 404 Not Found for every one of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I'm having decent success searching for a specific House, but the drop down menu with the list of Houses is still not working.

However, if I search for a specific fragrance, I almost always get a blank page returned (well, except for the now standard lines of code at the top). It's as if the search mechanism runs out of gas trying to search through the fragrances. Houses it can handle, but not fragrances. So I've given up searching for specific fragrances and have to find them by searching for the House first and hope that it works.
    Dear Noggs, that makes sense! Thanks for that explanation and method. I'll try it. The Fragrance Directory search function is still completely defective.

Just been mooching around the Fragrance Directory part of the site and it seems like all the above mentioned problems are sorted!

Cheers, Grant! (or whoever!).

Hallelujah! We're back in business.

Thanks, Grant!