Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: David Beckham Homme

From nstperfume.com:

David Beckham will launch David Beckham Homme, a new fragrance for men, in September. David Beckham Homme is meant to reflect the soccer star’s modern, masculine style.

David Beckham Homme was developed by perfumer Pierre Negrin; the notes include citrus, ginger, Szechuan pepper, cashmere wood, leather, rosemary, mahogany wood, patchouli and musk.

David Beckham Homme will be available in 30 and 50 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching grooming products.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: David Beckham Homme

Can't wait.

Pass on this.

Can Wait

I have two Beckham fragrances......Instinct and Intimately Beckham and I thoroughly enjoy both. Once I got past my initial prejudices I found both to be good quality, well constructed scents. From now on I'll definately give these frags a well deserved sniff.

Thank you, JC.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

The notes actually dont sound bad at all. Will try.
    Smellin good

I wont go out of my way for this one but if I come across it, ill def give it a sniff.

I couldn't wear anything with david beckham's name on it. let's see if this fragrance can make me eat my words! i hope not

If any of you get the chance, test out INTENSE Instinct. It's far superior to anything else being offered by the David Beckham line.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Can miss!!! And the frag too!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

i tried this today (I guess it came out really quickly) I sprayed 3 times on the wrist. It is an inoffensive light woody scent with light sillage and medium-short longevity. It was unobtrusive through the life of the scent, I couldnt even strongly smell the top notes.

I tried couple days ago, and I found, it's very nice scent. Today, I had to buy it. Lasts about 7 hours and I love it's drydown. For it's price it's better then many designers scent. If you're not perfume snob, try it. I'm really happy I bought it.

It's like a mix between Chopard Noble Vetiver, Bvlgari Man, and TdH. It's really quite nice.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hmm. like the notes, i think I've had my fill of rather heavy scents and quite up for a clean, uncomplicated buy. will test if it comes around here, I'm sure it won't hurt the wallet as much.

This smells like Polo . Too spicy and dry. Tried this @Kohls...definitely will pass on this one.

Today I tested it and I can't believe how good it is. I'm sure those who find this fragrance to be nothing special didn't try it thoroughly or didn't wear it. Maybe because of the name of the brand? As for me the one thing I believe is my nose and David Beckham Homme is an extemely, EXTREMELY good cologne.

To me it is closer to Dior Fahrenheit, but it also echoes Marc Jacobs Bang, Bvlgari Man, Chopard Noble Vetiver etc. It is like a quintessence of all the best in a mens perfumery. The fragrance starts off with a pinch of pepper from Bang on a citrusy vetivery base from Bvlgari Man. Than vetiver is enhancing reminding that in Chopard Noble Vetiver with a smoky woody background. Finally I feel a touch of leather with a typical of Fahrenheit green bitter note, and that's why the scent smells on my skin like a peppery and less floral variation of Fahrenheit.

For its price David Beckham Homme is a true masterpiece. The longevity is very good, the sillage is average.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Finally I feel a touch of leather with a typical of Fahrenheit green bitter note, and that's why the scent smells on my skin like a peppery and less floral variation of Fahrenheit.
    Now you've made me curious! I started a thread a couple weeks back about a less floral variation of Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit doesn't have leather to my nose, however, just petroleum. I hope the Beckham has no birch tar.

AntonPan, thanks for sticking up for a frag that is going to get unfairly derided here simply because of its 'heritage.' Truth is, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's an Amouage or a Coty or a David Beckham or a fucking Oscar the Grouch branded scent - there's a bunch of molecules in a bottle and those are either good or bad to one's nose. It's a shame that so many people get caught up in the trappings of those molecules and can't really smell them for what they're worth.

I'm not saying that everybody that dislikes this should like it, but we all know that many many scents here get "evaluated" (in quotes for a reason) improperly based on the name on the bottle or box.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

A perfume lover should by definition try anything, regardless of it's brand, packaging etc. As for me? I'll sample just about anything, no matter how absurd looking and regardless of brand, celebrity name etc.

My true love of perfume led me to sample this little gem and I'm glad I did.
    Quintessentially masculine in every way, Beckham Homme is indeed a 'masterpiece' as AntonPan described, especially when one takes into account the price point. I purchased a 50ml (1.7 ounce) for around £15.00 sterling!

To any perfume snobs out there, the nose behind this was also the nose behind a men's fragrance from a very well known and acclaimed NICHE house. That's right, you heard, NICHE. Now stop being so ignorant and give this one a sniff.

Dependent

I still haven't tried this, but after trying Instinct and Intimately (absolute trash imho), I can understand the lack of interest in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    A perfume lover should by definition try anything, regardless of it's brand, packaging etc. As for me? I'll sample just about anything, no matter how absurd looking and regardless of brand, celebrity name etc.

My true love of perfume led me to sample this little gem and I'm glad I did.
    Quintessentially masculine in every way, Beckham Homme is indeed a 'masterpiece' as AntonPan described, especially when one takes into account the price point. I purchased a 50ml (1.7 ounce) for around £15.00 sterling!

To any perfume snobs out there, the nose behind this was also the nose behind a men's fragrance from a very well known and acclaimed NICHE house. That's right, you heard, NICHE. Now stop being so ignorant and give this one a sniff.
    very well said...its truly a very good masculine scent...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    I still haven't tried this, but after trying Instinct and Intimately (absolute trash imho), I can understand the lack of interest in this one.
    I thought Instinct was good. Of course, this was before I became a frag head but honestly for the price, it's not a bad frag at all.
    Haven't tried intimately, though. Instinct would appeal to the younger crowd, so I don't know how old you are but yeahhh

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post

I agree the possible lack of interest because of past Fragrance's , as for me as well...
    But my son & I were out shopping and he was over testing one, , He ask what I thought of this scent, And I was Wow-- That's Nice, Clean Peppery, Not Heavy-it's easy on the nose -That Scent Hit Home with me --
    I immediately said I want that one..
    And I ask him What Is this One?,
    The answer came DAVID BECKHAM HOMME, I said No Way, I Truly Did Not Believe Him
    Ok Guys , They Nailed this one!
    Absolutely Go Try This..

Tried this a few times at the local fragrance store. Actually, while nothing spectacular to my nose, a pleasant, offensive sporty, almost gourmand casual fragrance, a few degrees above what one might expect from a generic celebrity scent.

I would wear it with only one condition: that it gave me his butt, his abs and his looks.

Quote Originally Posted by danielplainview View Post
    i would wear it with only one condition: That it gave me his butt, his abs and his looks.
    lol !

won´t sample. Sorry.

I own a bottle of this, and have had it for quite some time now. It's a more wearable version of TdH imo. This frag has been getting bumped up and noticed lately, and I think it deserves it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Pass. It would only remind me of Spice Girls, soccerball, silly tattoos and children's names.

I heard good reviews about his line however considering all the options, is it worth it to get celebrity perfume. I prefer to give my business to guerlain, dior, montale and amouage.

Ok, I don't like him, or the spice girls and don't like the "celeb" scents.... But my son bought this one super cheap, and I do have to admit, I like it better than average.

It's pleasant to me......but my Russian fiancee would turn into a stalinist terminator if I gave him this as a present.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal