Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Worst frag forum question of all time ?

I was LMAO when I read this thread title over at fragrantica's boards:

"Does anyone fantasize about not wearing fragrances?"

What is there to fantasize about? Just don't spray yourself !

And on top of how ridiculous this is, there are a huge number of responses to it! LOL.

Default Re: Worst frag forum question of all time ?

"Worst frag forum question of all time?" <<<That one.

, doesn't really make sense, and I'm just kidding.

Fantasize about denying oneself wearing frags? No way!

Most people don't wake up in the morning smelling like a frag, so what is there to fantasize about? I'm still laughing about this question !

pure nonsense

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I was thinking of a sarcastic rebuttal after reading the thread title, but no, you're right, that is really one of the most batshit insane things you could post on a frag forum. Unless the poor chaps are part of the Borg or some other collective that forces them to wear fragrances. Guess I'm not missing much by not reading fragrantica, am I?

That's on par with all the dumb 'So is this a guaranteed panty dropper frag' questions.

I'm afraid I find the majority of Fragrantica forum questions deeply silly, embarrassing, fluffy, airy-fairy nonsense...

Maybe the one where I asked if anyone ever sticks sample vials in their nostrils..

Threads asking about Creeds integrity. If you like, buy it.

for swap/sale:

I do. Also about not wearing any clothes or taking showers.

damn. i seriously do not remember the last time i didnt wear fragrance in a day.

I remember one time somebody posted about layering Givenchy Play and Play Intense. Two exactly similar scents only one more intense. What's the point?!

This is your brain (holds up egg)
    This is your brain on drugs (cracks egg into frying pan)

"Does anyone else think Kouros smells like urinal cakes?"

Easily the dumbest question I have ever seen on here.

There's a particular family of questions that center around ''Can I pull this fragrance off?" that involve both a strange sort of insecurity in the wearer ( What happens if he fails to ''pull it off''? Stoning? ) as well as a vain egotism ( "Everyone is paying attention to me and my fragrance, there for selecting the right one is a weighty responsibility with grave ramifications should I err." )

Basenotes Plus

yep, my mind shat bricks when I saw that thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Ahahahahahahaha!

"Proof of creed existence dating back to creation"

I kid, that was the best thread ever. Most of the bad questions are the ones often repeated "is creed mainstream? is creed history legit? panty droppers?" though nothing annoys me more than pointless polls of this versus that.

if I had to single one out, it'd be those young recently employed kids who want a fragrance that projects success, writing a 1000 word essay describing their personality, without saying a single thing about scents they're into. I think the idea of a fragrance that projects success in the work place is a worse notion than the panty dropper.

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    This is your brain (holds up egg)
    This is your brain on drugs (cracks egg into frying pan)
    a blast from the past. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    \\
    if I had to single one out, it'd be those young recently employed kids who want a fragrance that projects success, writing a 1000 word essay describing their personality, without saying a single thing about scents they're into.
    WTF!!!!

uhhh... does anyone ever fantasize about not wearing fragrance becuase of all the panty dropping and projection of job success is overwhelming. It is so difficult to pull off being a good smelling, successfull, pantys-fall-to-the-floor-when-I-come-into-the room guy. I think I'll just quit washing and crawl under a rock.

By the way, does any one think the Creed history is real or is it just me? I think I'll go layer some CKOne and CKOne Summer Edition and bath in the awesomeness while I make a poll to see which is better - CKOne, CKOne Summer, or CKOne & CK1SE layered.

hahahahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME1996 View Post

WTF!!!!
    Now now no offense to anyone. I'm saying this in a jokingly matter and it's just my opinion. I just find it a little...naive

Yes. I do fantasize about not wearing fragrance. I fantasize that all the bottles I don't like would turn into $100 bills.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Omg wtf indeed! There must be a part in the human brain that's drawn to anything that is senseless or utterly inane. It's probably called 'jackass'.

Seriously the worst are panty droppers.
    Smellin good

In Hungary there's a saying: "It's so bad that it's good!" So, look at these stupid questions with some kind of sense of humor, if they are really so stupid there must be some way to laugh at them.

Any frag question that comes out of these tools' mouths = worst question

...or anything for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by sillypants View Post

Dear God...I can smell the Le Male eminating from my computer screen from that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    I'm afraid I find the majority of Fragrantica forum questions deeply silly, embarrassing, fluffy, airy-fairy nonsense...
    And that differs from basenotes how?

But seriously that does take the cake for lamest and most achievable fantasy ever

Blog Entries

I was recently reading a private message from a long time Basenoter who was wishing that BN had the website efficiency of Fragrantica and, of course, the excellent thoughts of Basenotes. That would be a nice combination, esp. now that I have been treated to an example of Fragrantica threads! Incroyable!

A woman on fragrantica said that she fell in love with her boyfriend because of the perfume he was wearing...........For me sounds like she fell in love with the perfume, not the guy......

Blog Entries

"Looking for so powerhouse my hair will stand up - u got 1?"

Cool Re: Worst frag forum question of all time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I was LMAO when I read this thread title over at fragrantica's boards:

I have all my clothes on and I'm not thinking of you.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Dear God...I can smell the Le Male eminating from my computer screen from that picture.
    Sorry, but they should not have been allowed to drink our "Freddies" (as some here call Heineken as the founder is Alfred (Freddie) Heineken!

Blog Entries

I love those type of photos!! People, like the ones from Jersey Shore, do exist........unfortunately in big numbers!

I came across photos like the ones above when I Googled "douchebag" under an images search.

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    I love those type of photos!! People, like the ones from Jersey Shore, do exist........unfortunately in big numbers!

I came across photos like the ones above when I Googled "douchebag" under an images search.
    So actually you were looking for something nice to keep your beloved hair dry while showering and you end up getting this?? lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    So actually you were looking for something nice to keep your beloved hair dry while showering and you end up getting this?? lol

Actually I blame having nothing to do and a lot of time on my hands. I had noticed how in the last few years people have used the word douchebag so much so I was wondering if there was a story behind its popularity. What is funny is that most of the pics in the first few pages of a douchebag "image" search shows guys like the ones on Jersey Shore.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Actually I blame having nothing to do and a lot of time on my hands. I had noticed how in the last few years people have used the word douchebag so much so I was wondering if there was a story behind its popularity. What is funny is that most of the pics in the first few pages of a douchebag "image" search shows guys like the ones on Jersey Shore.
    I "know".......was just kidding. All I know about the word (as being Dutch) is that I heard it already in the 80's as another word for moron.

Are their hairstyles law?
    - Expect the unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
    That's on par with all the dumb 'So is this a guaranteed panty dropper frag' questions.
    Panty dropper questions drive me crazy.....As for the question from fragrantica..... I dream about fragrance.....I would never want to fantasize about not wearing fragrance.....That is pure nonsense!!!
    Gary

Anyone had one of those dreams when you leave the house and are out in public and realize you aren't wearing any .... fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    A woman on fragrantica said that she fell in love with her boyfriend because of the perfume he was wearing...........For me sounds like she fell in love with the perfume, not the guy......
    Do the girls ask boxer dropper questions? .... or budgie smuggler droppers as we might say down under

Funny thing is...that's a completely inaccurate depiction of New Jersey....that's a Long Island, NY subculture. Every time I listen to someone from Long Island speak....I struggle to fight my strong urges to find a sword so I can thrown myself on it.

Silliest questions seem to me those who ask "Isn't X similar to Y?" and in most cases the answers are : "not a chance."
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    And that differs from basenotes how?
    Okay, Fragantica doesn't seem to get as many weird Creed rep posts

+1 Dr Rudi! Made my day Hahahahahaha!

Funny thing is...that's a completely inaccurate depiction of New Jersey....that's a Long Island, NY subculture. Every time I listen to someone from Long Island speak....I struggle to fight my strong urges to find a sword so I can thrown myself on it.
    Wouldn't you be better off throwing the guido onto the sword?

Basenotes Plus

wow, that thread is STILL GOING
    For Swap
    YSL Body Kouros (3.3oz w/ box) * Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male (2.5oz w/ can) * L'Instant de Guerlain EDT (4.2oz w/ box) (all bottles 90%+)

Looking For (not limited to)
    YSL Live Jazz * Chanel Egoiste

I kind of lost My faith in humanity when someone asked if she could train her baby to pick out notes etc? Hows social service working in the USA :/ ?

^ about the same as digging up a thread from 2011

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    ^ about the same as digging up a thread from 2011
    Is that meant as an answer to my comment above?
    Really didnt notice any dates except for the last comment before me, usually do no put down the time needed to investigate who wrote what, when, in a whole thread. Or commenting stuff that do not remotely interest or amuse me. It came up on page one or two in the forum, as I just Installed some app suggested to me by my cellphone whilst checking out new basenotes today.
    Anyway, good to know if its considered a big faux-pas,or triggers trolling around here.
    Next time I will be more careful and keep my thoughts to myself unless its relevant to a current event/thread.

Worst question in my opinion....What will you wear at your funeral?.........Really!?!? You are DEAD. It doesn't matter anymore.

"Is [insert scent here] worth it?" = dumbest question ever. Only you can know if you like a scent enough to pay the price to buy it. Just because someone else may think another scent is better doesn't mean you will.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I remember one of a very worried person asking as to the reason why the arabic writing on the bottom part of the bos of a Guerlain's Vetiver.

"I'm taking my gf to an upscale strip club, what frag should I wear."

Someone posted pics with "I bought my Creed at Neiman Marcus, is it legit?" Although a dumb post, I can't fault him for at least buying it at an authorized retail store. Nothing's more annoying than "Hey guys I don't want to pay retail for Creed please authenticate my purchases for me." As if anyone can smell them through the internet. My question is, if your nose can't tell the difference, does it really matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoakpenn View Post
    Worst question in my opinion....What will you wear at your funeral?.........Really!?!? You are DEAD. It doesn't matter anymore.
    Lulz. I can just imagine the awkward stares from attendees leaning into the coffin to get a deep whiff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoakpenn View Post
    Lulz. I can just imagine the awkward stares from attendees leaning into the coffin to get a deep whiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    I remember one of a very worried person asking as to the reason why the arabic writing on the bottom part of the bos of a Guerlain's Vetiver.
    Oh I remember that one! It was a bit cringe-worthy.

But look, you have to remember that the only common thing that brings us all here is smelly stuff in bottles. Otherwise, you're dealing with lots of people you might otherwise never meet or associate with. We've all got different backgrounds, political views, levels of education, ages, and perceptions. Some of the "stupid questions" are just new people's earnest attempt to find something out. Others are, admittedly, just attempts to brag, to demonstrate machismo, to garner some support for a purchase decision, or to promote particular brands. In most cases we'd do better to provide a gentle steer in the right direction rather than to slag them off.

I smell Aventus instead lol