Code of Conduct

Default Frapin 1697 or 1270?

Which one do you prefer, dollars aside?
    What can you share about each?

Default Re: Frapin 1697 or 1270?

Frapin 1697. I find it a bit more masculine smelling (less sweet)

Can one actually find a bottle of 1697 for purchase? This limited edition is tough to come by. That might help make your decision easier. :-)

LuckyScent says they will have it in late this month.

I preferred 1270 over 1697. For some reason I found 1697 to end up smelling a lot like suntan lotion after several hours.
    - Expect the unexpected

Basenotes Institution

I heard a rumour that 1697 is going to be re-issued by Frapin as a regular release (not a limited edition) and that it will be reformulated when this happens to contain a lower concentration of fragrance, therefore giving it a lighter, less thick feel. Of course, I have not heard anything official from Frapin so I could be totally wrong. But, perhaps this could be good news or bad news depending on your experience with the scent. I pesonally LOVED it when I smelled it, but the drydown was a bit underwhelming.

I have not smelled 1270.
    Selling used bottles of vintage Heritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain), Anima Dulcis (Arquiste), Noel au Balcon (ELDO), Santal de Mysore (Serge Lutens), Aedes de Vensutas (L'Artisan) and more, click HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I heard a rumour that 1697 is going to be re-issued by Frapin as a regular release (not a limited edition) and that it will be reformulated when this happens to contain a lower concentration of fragrance, therefore giving it a lighter, less thick feel. Of course, I have not heard anything official from Frapin so I could be totally wrong. But, perhaps this could be good news or bad news depending on your experience with the scent. I pesonally LOVED it when I smelled it, but the drydown was a bit underwhelming.

I have not smelled 1270.
    It's actually the other way around; 1697 started off at a 10% concentration and was then reformulated and ended up at the 14% limited 'absolu' which was released. They are releasing the 10% concentration into their permanent line later this year.

1697 - I like the leather and tobacco hints in this fragrance. Otherwise it is a pleasant spice plum brandy scent that smells great enough to drink. 1270 is a little too sweet and rich for me and ends up being slightly irritating. 1270 has more of a gourmand feel - if you like fragrances that smell good enough to eat - this is it. Caravelle Epicee is definitely as fine a fragrance as 1697; I like it better. Caravelle Epicee is probably the finest spice heavy fragrance I have smelled and I prefer it over 1270 because of the high content of woods and incense notes. Frapin fragrances are pure quality!

Power Where You Need It

1697 is a bit too chaotic for me as everything seems to happen at the same time. While I find 1270 a bit too sweet I also believe it's more balanced and better orcherstrated.

Overall they're both quality fragrances but from the same "family" I prefer other compositions (i.e. Idole, Bois D'Ombrie or Coz)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    1697 - I like the leather and tobacco hints in this fragrance. Otherwise it is a pleasant spice plum brandy scent that smells great enough to drink. 1270 is a little too sweet and rich for me and ends up being slightly irritating. 1270 has more of a gourmand feel - if you like fragrances that smell good enough to eat - this is it. Caravelle Epicee is definitely as fine a fragrance as 1697; I like it better. Caravelle Epicee is probably the finest spice heavy fragrance I have smelled and I prefer it over 1270 because of the high content of woods and incense notes. Frapin fragrances are pure quality!
    Couldnt have said it better.

And that's why I chose Caravelle Epicee over both 1270 and 1697.
    They are both (1270 & 1697) excellent fragrances but a bit too boozy/sweet for me in particular because I spray no less than 10 sprays per application. Caravelle Epicee glows at 16 sprays IMO.

for swap/sale: