Code of Conduct

Default Frapin 1697 or 1270?

Which one do you prefer, dollars aside?
    What can you share about each?

Default Re: Frapin 1697 or 1270?

Frapin 1697. I find it a bit more masculine smelling (less sweet)

Can one actually find a bottle of 1697 for purchase? This limited edition is tough to come by. That might help make your decision easier. :-)

LuckyScent says they will have it in late this month.

I preferred 1270 over 1697. For some reason I found 1697 to end up smelling a lot like suntan lotion after several hours.
    - Expect the unexpected

Basenotes Institution

I heard a rumour that 1697 is going to be re-issued by Frapin as a regular release (not a limited edition) and that it will be reformulated when this happens to contain a lower concentration of fragrance, therefore giving it a lighter, less thick feel. Of course, I have not heard anything official from Frapin so I could be totally wrong. But, perhaps this could be good news or bad news depending on your experience with the scent. I pesonally LOVED it when I smelled it, but the drydown was a bit underwhelming.

I have not smelled 1270.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I heard a rumour that 1697 is going to be re-issued by Frapin as a regular release (not a limited edition) and that it will be reformulated when this happens to contain a lower concentration of fragrance, therefore giving it a lighter, less thick feel. Of course, I have not heard anything official from Frapin so I could be totally wrong. But, perhaps this could be good news or bad news depending on your experience with the scent. I pesonally LOVED it when I smelled it, but the drydown was a bit underwhelming.

I have not smelled 1270.
    It's actually the other way around; 1697 started off at a 10% concentration and was then reformulated and ended up at the 14% limited 'absolu' which was released. They are releasing the 10% concentration into their permanent line later this year.

1697 - I like the leather and tobacco hints in this fragrance. Otherwise it is a pleasant spice plum brandy scent that smells great enough to drink. 1270 is a little too sweet and rich for me and ends up being slightly irritating. 1270 has more of a gourmand feel - if you like fragrances that smell good enough to eat - this is it. Caravelle Epicee is definitely as fine a fragrance as 1697; I like it better. Caravelle Epicee is probably the finest spice heavy fragrance I have smelled and I prefer it over 1270 because of the high content of woods and incense notes. Frapin fragrances are pure quality!

1697 is a bit too chaotic for me as everything seems to happen at the same time. While I find 1270 a bit too sweet I also believe it's more balanced and better orcherstrated.

Overall they're both quality fragrances but from the same "family" I prefer other compositions (i.e. Idole, Bois D'Ombrie or Coz)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    1697 - I like the leather and tobacco hints in this fragrance. Otherwise it is a pleasant spice plum brandy scent that smells great enough to drink. 1270 is a little too sweet and rich for me and ends up being slightly irritating. 1270 has more of a gourmand feel - if you like fragrances that smell good enough to eat - this is it. Caravelle Epicee is definitely as fine a fragrance as 1697; I like it better. Caravelle Epicee is probably the finest spice heavy fragrance I have smelled and I prefer it over 1270 because of the high content of woods and incense notes. Frapin fragrances are pure quality!
    Couldnt have said it better.

And that's why I chose Caravelle Epicee over both 1270 and 1697.
    They are both (1270 & 1697) excellent fragrances but a bit too boozy/sweet for me in particular because I spray no less than 10 sprays per application. Caravelle Epicee glows at 16 sprays IMO.

for swap/sale: