Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What was your 1ST bottle of cologne that you ever own? When did you purchase it? Let's all share

The first bottle I ever owned was called "Timberline" by a company called Dana. I was around 14. I remember liking it very much. I've thought about getting a bottle (it's still available) again just for kicks. I think it was a splash bottle. My friend owned a bottle of Aspen and we used to swap so we could switch it up every once in a while.

After that I moved up to Curve and Cool Water (which I thought was the height of luxury cologne

Default Re: What was your 1ST bottle of cologne that you ever own? When did you purchase it? Let's all share

Musk by Jovan. Back in the seventies, it smelled pretty darn good on this teen-ager, until I got a whiff of Aramis.
    Last edited by Roper-Hall; 27th August 2011 at 05:30 PM.

For me, back in the 80s it was Aramis. Still good with amazing silage and very masculine to me still. But it is dated and I have smelled it too much in the past so I never use it anymore.

Brut...I believe I was 12.

I was bought a number of fragrances when I was younger (Live Jazz, 1881, Polo Sport, Hugo by Hugo Boss) but I never really used them on a regular basis so I don't think it fair to count them. The first fragrance I used on a regular basis (it was my sig scent for about six months) was Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme.

Polo Green (from my dad)

my first designer's fragrance was CK Euphoria Intense which I bought last Dec. 2010 and then started my fragrance addiction.

For me it was Calvin Klein one, so young and happy memories.

The first fragrances I remember owning was a little gift pack that had CK Be, CK One, Eternity, Escape, and Obsession. They were all minis and were splashes.

First one that I actually owned was some sort of Adidas one that my parents gave me for Christmas in 1999. I was 14 or 15 around then I think. My dad was probably tired of me always using (and over spraying) his Halston Catalyst for Men and Drakkar Noir, so he gave me something much lighter to choke everyone else around me out with.

The first fragrance I purchased on my own was CK's Eternity probably later that year.

Blog Entries

A popular long-running thread - my word! Anyway I'll have to contribute my little 2 cents.
    ARBORETUM by Prince of Gardeners (or something like that!).
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

Growing up I would use whatever my dad owned at the time... Cool Water, Brut, Polo, etc. My parents would also buy me fragrances for my birthday or Christmas. However, my first actual fragrance purchase was Victoria Secret's Very Sexy for him. What intrigued me into buying was the simple fact that I could finally walk into a Victoria Secret, buy something, stare at the women working, and not be labeled a pervert. I was 17 at the time of release (2001).

My first cologne... I think was Polo Sport.

In 1999 I received a bottle of Nautica competition from a friend. I tried to find it again later in life but it was discontinued.

Dependent

The first cologne I tried was in middle school, the only bottle my father owned, Dana Canoe - he still has his giant 8oz bottle from the 60s. Of course I overapplied -- those old widemouth splash bottles were a pain. I found it way too sweet and cloying but then I was really doused. Oops. That and all my terrible experiences being choked out by SAs and my brother in shopping malls with Opium and other 80s fragbombs turned me off for a couple decades.

First bottle I bought was a few months ago based on your feedback here! Caron Yatagan, big bold stuff just up my alley.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...Green-Animalic

Of course now I have like 20 bottles and dozens of samples... I went quick and deep!

I think it was either Tommy, CKOne or Gucci Rush men...

adidas moves, splash.

My first ever cologne was given to me about ten years ago, when I was 12. It was some Michael Jordan bottle that smelled pretty fresh and I remember getting my first ever compliment from a female singer at the hotel we stayed in for Christmas that year I'd love to track down that bottle just for old times sake.

The first ever cologne that I bought myself was Davidoff's Cool Water for designer and Aventus for niche.

The first bottle I ever "owned" was Tinkerbell when I was 4 years old. It came in a set with lotion. Good times, good times.

The first bottle I purchased for myself as an adult was Fred Hayman 273 in the early 90's. It was my signature scent and I LOVED it!

Versace Blue Jeans, I was in high-school. Second one was one my favorites Valentino Vendetta, but i think it's discontinued now.

Skin Musk by Bonne Bell/Prince Matchabelli probably 1984 or so...
    ~ Leilah

"To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful." ~Agnes De Mille

Fahrenheit by Dior. Bought it blindly online when I was 17. My first cologne and still my favorite, very masculine.

Chaps. Boy the memories still hit me with that one. I think it was in 1983/84. Polo was big back then and everyone put it on thick, so I got Chaps and the girls sure appreciated it.

Acqua Di Gio After Shave Balm - 100 ml

I thought it was better than the eau de toilette and I still think it, but I understand doesn't classify as a cologne...

But it had a very nice smell to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    OMG - banana seats and stingray handlebars! What a memory. I think that's a great idea for a kid bike - spraying it with cologne. That's even better than the laundry pin & playing cards-against-the-spokes "engine" we used.

My greatest kid bike mod was turning a huge sissy bar into a front fork extension, and thereby chopping my stingray so the front wheel was WAAAY out in front. The lever effect made the balance on wheelies incredible - almost anybody could ride a wheelie with it.
    Love it! I did nearly the same thing. Along with the parent's playing cards to try and imitate a Harley's rumble, as long as you go slow!