Code of Conduct

Default The Dreamer - discontinued? Where to buy?

Greetings.
    I am new here and would love to star things up with a fresh and exciting topic but, alas, all I have for you is this.

The Dreamer is my scent. My GF loves it but, thing is, I'd wear it even if she hated it because I love it. Now I've been hearing from perfumania and Macy's workers that this cologne has been discontinued. Is this true? :-(

Second question - discontinued or not I want to make sure that I'm buying the best Dreamer possible. I can find it pretty cheap online but am worried cheap means that that what I'm buying is old.

Speaking of old - if The Dreamer is discontinued I'll need to stock up on it. Do you think it will keep well in the fridge?

Thanks for reading.
    Meinhard

Default Re: The Dreamer - discontinued? Where to buy?

The Dreamer is still available but no word on being discontinued. The sales staff at department stores are notorious for being misinformed.

In the U.S. you can find many e-tailers with good stock. The older box, if memory serves, has a galaxy, and the new version has a star field.

Stocking up is really a matter of personal choice.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Shouldn't be a problem still finding it.

I have used mine after several months of it being in the fridge and it seemed the same. I hear the same rumor about it being discontinued every now and then, but it never happens. Even if it does, although it's my favorite as of right now, I know if I search hard enough I can find something I like maybe just as well. I won't even buy a back up bottle because there's too many other fragrances I want to sample. Anyway, I can't imagine them discontinuing it since it seems to be a star in the designer world.

Thanks for the replies.
    I hope you guys are correct saying that The Dreamer hasn't been discontinued. I would really like to know for sure, though. I'm a little concerned because I don't see the cologne listed in the mens fragrances section versace.com - just Eau Fraiche and Pour Homme. I've been trying to contact them via email to no avail.
    By the way I purchase my Dreamer from fragrance.net. They're generally reputable, right?

Never heard that it was discontinued and it's all over Ebay.

I had a fairly easy time tracking it down. It can actually be found at most discount perfume stores in malls, and, is all over the internet. I do agree, though, I did not see it available in most major department stores any longer for some reason...

Seen it very recently at Neiman Marcus for sale. Don't ever listen to anything he workers at macys tell you.

They're making a very bad move if they discontinue this beautiful scent.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Again, thanks all for the replies.
    Yeah, this fragrance is still really easy to find but if it has been discontinued the available bottles will drop in quality and quantity over time. ...and if this is the case then I need to stock up soon (not easy b/c I'm a college student).
    If the fragrance is still in production why does't Versace have it up on their site?
    Question - am I likely to notice a difference in quality between the full price bottle at Neiman Marcus ($74) and the discount bottle at fragrance.net ($44)?

Neiman Marcus sells the Dreamer. I remember seeing 6 bottles of it this month when i went there.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meinhard1 View Post
    ... I'd wear it even if she hated it because I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    LOL, funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    *rubs bottom ruefully*
    Well I guess I probably would need to find a different night time fragrance at first but I'd keep it as a daytime fragrance. In time her brain would wire in such a way where the smell of Dreamer brings forth memories of all the daytime fun we've had together. Then one night I'd wear it to bed and... (dramatic pause)... she'd love it. Flawless victory.
    (Honestly I posted in this thread just to give it one last bump. Have any other Dreamer fans attempted to contact Versace? This is a frag I plan on wearing to the grave so I need to know weather... erm, whether to stock up on it or not)

About being afraid the bottle is old: I just got my hands on 2 bottles of Davidoff Relax (from the only! store that still has some here in The Netherlands) which is from 1990 and discontinued already for years. Both the bottles (scents) smell incredibly alive, huge sillage and longevity as they were produced yesterday! In real they must be really old though..................