Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Out of curiosity anyone on BN a member of a fraternity? What fragrances bottles do you own?

I'm a member of a fraternity and i don't know that many dudes who are in a fraternity that would have a passion towards fragrances. I'm curious to know who is a member and what bottles they own in their collection. What bottles had yield the most complements from girls and guys?

Default Re: Out of curiosity anyone on BN a member of a fraternity? What fragrances bottles do you own?

I'm not a fraternity member, but I had some fraternity friends in college - just wasn't my thing. I did not wear fragrances in college, though. I now wish I had. I think a lot of people just come to it later on, especially to the degree that people on here are into it.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Default Re: Out of curiosity anyone on BN a member of a fraternity? What fragrances bottles do you own?

DKE here. FBs of DC 1913, Opus 1870, AdP Assoluta, Kouros, Brooks Brothers New York Gentlemen, Grey Flannel, Trumper's Limes, and Dunhill Pursuit (my very first fragrance from when I was around 15). Decants of Azzaro PH, Yatagan, Caron PuH, Dior Homme, Guerlain Vetiver, Terre d'Hermes, Black Aoud, Hammam Bouquet, and Rive Gauche PH.

I usually don't really wear enough that it's obvious to other folks, with the exception of DC 1913 when I'm at a suit-and-tie function (fratty or non-). I get lots of complements on that, because I let loose a bit on the trigger-- gotta let it go sometimes.

Or else everyone I know hates my fragrances

Anyhow, my bad FAD is not something I make a big deal about to friends/fratbros and so forth. The only person who I talk with it about is my girlfriend, and her reaction is basically to file it under the long list of harmlessly crazy shit I do on a day to day basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Former Sigma Phi Epsilon. I wore The Dreamer almost exclusively in college.

Tau Kappa Epsilon - TKE for life alumni. While in the frat I had no interest for fragrance better things to do like binge drinking lol. I do recall owning a bottle of Polo.

Post Thanks / Like

i plan to go pledge when i go to college, i have friends in lambda phi epsilon and i was told to check out pi alpha pi pineapples, and i have fragrances that any other basenoter out here has ^ ^ fragrances are just my passion and i expect to be one of the best smelling people in the frat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Tau Kappa Epsilon - TKE for life alumni. While in the frat I had no interest for fragrance better things to do like binge drinking lol. I do recall owning a bottle of Polo.
    I'm a TEKE too!!! Founding member of colony 852. I started getting into fragrances last year and it began to grow on me. My other fraters aren't really into the fragrance hobby at least not that i know of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post
    i plan to go pledge when i go to college, i have friends in lambda phi epsilon and i was told to check out pi alpha pi pineapples, and i have fragrances that any other basenoter out here has ^ ^ fragrances are just my passion and i expect to be one of the best smelling people in the frat
    Same here man. Last school year I was the only bro in my frat that really wore fragrances daily and that was when i started getting into this hobby. Next year I'm going to be the best smelling guy in my frat who wears different fragrances everyday. I'm Looking forward to rocking out Pure Malt to all my bros and sorority friends.