Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Tobacco seems to have been recreated really well in scents, what about liquor scents?

• Many B'Noters have confessed their love for tobacco and how many brands do a good job of recreating the bright leaf scent. What about whiskey?
    • Can anyone name a manufacturer that has done a great job of recreating or mixing whiskey?

• Thanks.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Default Re: Tobacco seems to have been recreated really well in scents, what about liquor scents?

I don't drink whiskey but they say Escada Pour Homme has that vibe?!?

Default Re: Tobacco seems to have been recreated really well in scents, what about liquor scents?

Baldessarini - Ambre, and I get whiskey (Islay) from Mark Birley's Charles street.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Zino Davidoff may also fit the bill

Tom Ford Extreme, I got drunk from this and yes, it is extremely well done.

Blog Entries

Nicole Miller for Men (vintage)
    Escada Pour Homme
    Bombay Sapphire Infusion
    Guerlain Homme (original or Intense EdP)
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

It feels like I'm walking into a trap..........

Don't say I'm going to be the first to mention......

TM Pure Malt !!!!!!!!!

Tim Mcgraw's Southern Blend if you like bourbon (I like this one the best). Virgin Island Water if you like coconut rum (Malibu). Pure Malt if you like whiskey (Johnny Walker).

I dunno about whiskey, but Dilys by Laura Ashley has a Miller High Life kind of note. However, I think that's because my bottle has turned.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Whiskey / whisky / bourbon / scotch is my poison of choice in every situation. I love a great 25+ scotch, especially the smell of it. That said, everything that promises the smell of a good malt has fallen short, in my opinion. Pure Malt does an okay job, but, that part of the frag fads pretty quickly unfortunately.

Age is not a criterium. I prefer the standard Lagavulin 16-y-o to mayn older ones. But of course I would enjoy an Ardbeg Lord of the isles. .) But this is not the single malt forum.
    My top 16:

Totally agree, and if you think the perfume hobby is costly...
    On a slightly related note, though, I think Tobacco Vanille is a perfect pairing to drinking scotch.

1920 Extreme by Bois 1920 has a velvety bourbon drydown. I also get a slight bourbon note in the Cozč's opening.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

XXL by Daniel Hechter

You said liquor in general on the post title, so by far I would have to go with Idole de Lubin. This is pure spiced rum to me (which isn't necessary a bad thing). As for whiskey, the only one I've tried is Pure Malt, and that is more of a booziness to me than a specific whiskey note.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Frapin's 1270 was a very boozy cognac accord.
    My top 16:

Burberry London also has a boozy/wine note to it.

I have two for you. For a vodka, champagne smack try Ambre Russe, for scotch try Fumidius from Profumum. As was mentioned I also love Idole from Lubin.

Cheers Rex
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

This might seem strange but, unlike solid-state tobacco, whiskey almost is perfume: odorants suspended in high-proof alcohol.

Maybe you should just try dabbing some on, right from the bottle?

IDK about whiskey but Straight to Heaven by Kilian has strong rum note.

Frapin 1270 = cognac
    Frapin 1697 = rum/wine?
    Frapin L'Humaniste = care for Gin & Tonic anyone?
    by Kilian Straight to Heaven = rum
    Lubin Idole = rum

Eau Noire by Dior has a vibe of something like rum.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    Age is not a criterium. I prefer the standard Lagavulin 16-y-o to mayn older ones. But of course I would enjoy an Ardbeg Lord of the isles. .) But this is not the single malt forum.
    Impeccable taste sir Lagavulin 16 is my tipple of choice

I'm always cautious with alcohol notes. In the BBC documentary CB talks about a woman client, actress, who had a director pull her aside and ask if drink was going to be a problem with her - it turned out it was her perfume, and she brought it in to convince him.

Botrytis makes a scent with wine.

I'd say Frapin 1270 as well..

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    What no love for Laphroaig!?

Anyway there's been no fragrance I've smelled that does any sort of justice to decent whisky.

Maybe a few give you a cheap whiskey vibe but then again they're no Pure Pot Still whiskey

What? Oh right not a whisky forum .....

Fragrances have done boozy but I haven't smelled any that have done a recreation and I'm not sure it could be done.

Demeter makes a Gin & Tonic scent and some mixed drink scents.

One reviewer compared Tom Ford Extreme to Lagavulin:
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/report/93397

Incidentally, I got the last bottle of Ardbeg in town. I'm trying to enjoy it rather than ration it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    This might seem strange but, unlike solid-state tobacco, whiskey almost is perfume: odorants suspended in high-proof alcohol.

Maybe you should just try dabbing some on, right from the bottle?
    Just don't get pulled over by the cops!

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    What no love for Laphroaig!?

Anyway there's been no fragrance I've smelled that does any sort of justice to decent whisky.

Maybe a few give you a cheap whiskey vibe but then again they're no Pure Pot Still whiskey

What? Oh right not a whisky forum .....

Fragrances have done boozy but I haven't smelled any that have done a recreation and I'm not sure it could be done.
    I love Laphroaig.

When it comes to whisky notes I agree, there are no fragrances I know of that get it just right.
    Pure Malt and Fumidus are decent though.

Although I do like the occasional bourbon, it should always be spelled whisky!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

"Although I do like the occasional bourbon, it should always be spelled whisky!"

Surely, "Bourbon" should always be spelled "Bourbon"?

On a slightly more serious note, the spelling "whisky" should always be used when referring to Scotch Whisky. Use whiskey when referring to (or drinking!) Irish Whiskey.

If it's not Scotch or Irish.... it just ain't whisky.... or whiskey!!!!

I get a strong whiskey vibe for the first 2 hours on Pure malt.

Quote Originally Posted by kasae View Post
    Demeter makes a Gin & Tonic scent and some mixed drink scents.

One reviewer compared Tom Ford Extreme to Lagavulin:
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/report/93397

Incidentally, I got the last bottle of Ardbeg in town. I'm trying to enjoy it rather than ration it.
    Fine taste in both whisky and fragrances - kasae you're my kinda gal!

liquor isn't it? not any in particular? then I would say most, if not all, of the Frapins! and they are frigging awesome as well!!

AromiErotici

Dolce Patchouli by i Profumi di Firenze has a very strong Zambuca / Anisette aroma which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    "Although I do like the occasional bourbon, it should always be spelled whisky!"

Surely, "Bourbon" should always be spelled "Bourbon"?

On a slightly more serious note, the spelling "whisky" should always be used when referring to Scotch Whisky. Use whiskey when referring to (or drinking!) Irish Whiskey.

If it's not Scotch or Irish.... it just ain't whisky.... or whiskey!!!!
    I know what the different spellings mean.
    That was just my way of saying I prefer Scotch, hence the wink.
    I'm not crazy about Irish whiskey either.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

A strong vodka note in Parfums d'Empire Ambre Russe.

Parfums D'Orsay's Le Dandy has a good whiskey note. (Keep in mind the company namesake never made perfume. He's just the poster boy.) The older EDT is better than the new EDP.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Ambre Russe has the most compelling boozy opening I know of. I'm not usually a huge booze fan, but this one nails it.

I would like to +1 Escada Pour Homme, but I'm not sure it accurately portrays booze. It's more of a vaguely boozy scent, than a reproduction of actual booze. Le Dandy is the same way, IMO. Both are very nice, though.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."