Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme - reformulated?

My old bottle of PH is running out so I went to check prices in shops (UK) today and saw that the bottle and box have changed a little.

The bottle doesn't have a silver sticker anymore. Instead the name is embossed on the bottle. The box is not a plain, felt, navy blue but a marbled felt navy blue.

I tried a spray and it has definitely changed and for the worse. Much weaker. And straight away a different kind of citrus smell. I think I might have even smelt a cucumber note. And very short lived on my skin - the old one lingered for hours. It is very poor compared to the one I currently own.

Any opinions anyone?

Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme - reformulated?

Bottle was updated but not the scent . You should post some pictures of that bottle you may have a fake on your hands

This is the same conclusion I've reached. Unfortunately, its very hard to find a bottle that bears the old formula, even if it has a silver sticker. Apparently the formula change precedes the packaging/bottle change. I bought one with a label and and sold it 2-3wks later. Good luck finding a replacement, mate!
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

I didn't buy the new version thank goodness. I walked away from it to see how it performed. I still have about 20ml left from my old 75ml which I will just use sparingly from now on. All the other shops in my area have the new ones

I'm gonna have to check this one out myself. Consider it on my "to do" list.

This fragrance that drastically reformulated ? I'm gonna see for myself and report back to this thread ( it may be a week or so ). Pour Homme was once really common where I am, I was sick of it. Now, not so much, but still is highly popular due to loyal buyers and news ones alike.

And strangely, the reviews in the directory make no mention of big re-workings on this fragrance. And no cucumber note either.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I've never noticed a cucumber note, but it is much weaker than it used to be, and its not nearly as rich. That is UNDENIABLE. I encourage you to check it out for yourself. Its a shadow of what it used to be...
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

I ordered a bottle through newegg, since i had a credit from a return i made. it shipped from a 3rd party vendor called fragrence-go.

i received it this morning in the mail and couldnt wait to put it on...its my favorite cologne. In the past couple years, i havent used it quite as much because of all the rest of my colognes, but i've been using it for 16 years.

I sprayed it, and it immediately smelled strange. on first sniff, its the same, but then there is an underlying addition of something i cant put my finger on. also something is removed.

i began to inspect the bottle. much different than my sadly empty one i compared it to i purchased a few years ago. It has a cheap cap, thats now glossy black instead of a nice thick textured navy blue.

The D&G nameplate on the bottle is gone. Instead, there name is screen printed. I also noticed, underneath, it says made in germany, instead of Italy.

I was furious. I was sure i had a fake.

I called up a friend that works at Neimans, and had him get me a bottle.

He came by later on in the evening, and gave me the box. I explained to him what happened. My wife, friend and myself huddled around the new, neiman's box unwrapping it. My wife was curious as well, she noticed the difference in smell right away.

I pull the bottle out of the box. and whammo....same as the one i thought was fake.

This is terrible terrible news.

Is there anywhere we can get the old scent? How can you tell which you will get before you buy?

I concur that D&G pour Homme is now a pale, sad shadow of its former self. A pity indeed.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I found this to be true also.

I'm suddenly very glad that I have about 75% remaining of my 4.2 oz 2008 bottle of D&G Pour Homme with sticker and blue cap in tact. I really enjoy the scent but I rarely wear it for some reason. Still smells just as good as it did new and lasts a long time.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I have about 80% of a 75 ml bottle from about 1996...................so potent!!

I bought a new 50ml bottle from a chemist last year. The new formulation is really bad. If you need an example of how a great fragrance can be completely stuffed up with a reformulation, that's it.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    I have about 80% of a 75 ml bottle from about 1996...................so potent!!
    I'm jealous!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Perhaps someone on Ebay has old stock (old version) and is selling it.

time to upgrade yourself!

This is the vintage:

And this is the reformulated:

????

I have a partially full old bottle in my sales thread, if you want one for cheap.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I decanted some of the new D&G into a sample atomizer at Nordstrom today. The new one is much lighter than the older one. Also it's a little less...masculine than the original. I prefer the look of the original bottle too.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Absolutely was reformulated. They figured most people are sheep and wouldn't notice the difference while they made more money - They were right.

The other version had this very rich, tobacco and leather smell to it - I remember it very well. I smelled it on other people several times, and loved it on them. I think I bought a couple mini's at the time of the good stuff. Very few scents made me feel that good wearing them. Probably bought my bottle after the reformulation. Absolutely should have bought a couple full bottles at the time, but who the hell would think they would completely cheapen and ruin the scent?? Not a thought that I had in my mind at the time. The newer ones are just lemon-cleaner garbage.
    Last edited by leor_77; 3rd October 2011 at 04:48 AM.

I noticed a difference. I prefer the original as well. The bottle looks so much cheaper without the name-plate /:

Quote Originally Posted by leociccone View Post
    I noticed a difference. I prefer the original as well. The bottle looks so much cheaper without the name-plate /:
    I actually think, and am fairly sure that the reformulation was made before the name plate/sticker change happened (I honestly think it must have been at least 5-7 years ago). I think I bought two bottles at different times (one of each) and didn't get what I got from the original, with the one without the sticker actually being even worse than the previous bottle.

When did this reformulation happen? The first bottle I have has a sticker on it and I purchased it online about a year ago.

I bought a backup bottle (since mine is about 3/4 finished) and it is actually in the mail as I type this message. Am I screwed here? I liked the first bottle I bought but I don't know if it was reformulated or not when I bought it

I know that the 2008 bottle I own smells much better than the new formulated stuff so the reformulation probably happend sometime after 2008.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    I've never noticed a cucumber note, but it is much weaker than it used to be, and its not nearly as rich. That is UNDENIABLE. I encourage you to check it out for yourself. Its a shadow of what it used to be...

Could nt have said it better ! Bought it again last year, bottle is the same, but the juice is much weaker. Becomes a habit, sadly enough

Regrettable

I signed up just to post on this topic.. I originally bought my first bottle back in 2005-06 and it smelled awesome. The first time I smelled it was on another employee and had to tell him he smelled pretty dang good lol.. He told me it was D&G Pour Homme and before moving to another state I purchased a bottle. I constantly got compliments on it from working in a school environment. From occasional teachers to even elementary students, everyone seemed to take notice of it's scent. I ran out within the year since I pretty much dubbed it my scent.. But I bought my next bottle at a Macy's locally (in a different state) and one on Ebay and neither one satisfied me.. I sent the one from Ebay back to get the one from Macy's and again was disappointed thinking it was a fake.. But not from Macy's!! How could this be?? I learned to still deal with it and use the whole bottle again but no more compliments and even one time a male student asked what the putred smell was in the room lol. I just assumed he ment me and the lemon cleaner scent your talking about is exactly what comes to mind for me. Definitely detergenty, orange,lemon,citrus and floral blends vs this robust tobacco, mature scent that I had grown to love. I ended up buying another bottle last year and at this point I have half the bottle left and desperately in search of a replacement as I just can't take the smell anymore. But nothing is satisfying me.. I did use LaMale for a bottle and I must say I loved it's fresh pine,minty smell but it comes across to most as a good smelling soap. I just want that more manly smell D&G had..
    After seeing this post though I started researching and have found an auction on Ebay from a guy touting his possession of the older version and even selling them for a bit more than I was wanting to spend.. But if it's the real deal.. I'll be fine with paying the extra.. I'll post back to let you know how it turns out but I didn't even think about the bottle label or packaging being different. But seeing the difference now, I've had the etched on the bottle kind for the last few years and I definitely remember having the label version originally. I'm happy to have at least found that I'm not crazy.. and the wife as well. She agrees it just isn't the same and has never been happy with the replacement bottles. Here is the link to the auction where I bought mine. He says he has a few left but if it's the right kind I may be buying whats left lol :P

I'm banking on this being the original as he even has several auctions with the new package and doesn't sell them for as much or references it as different. Will report back on this soon.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 24th December 2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: removed live eBay link

Quote Originally Posted by 24seven View Post
    I signed up just to post on this topic.. I originally bought my first bottle back in 2005-06 and it smelled awesome. The first time I smelled it was on another employee and had to tell him he smelled pretty dang good lol.. He told me it was D&G Pour Homme and before moving to another state I purchased a bottle. I constantly got compliments on it from working in a school environment. From occasional teachers to even elementary students, everyone seemed to take notice of it's scent. I ran out within the year since I pretty much dubbed it my scent.. But I bought my next bottle at a Macy's locally (in a different state) and one on Ebay and neither one satisfied me.. I sent the one from Ebay back to get the one from Macy's and again was disappointed thinking it was a fake.. But not from Macy's!! How could this be?? I learned to still deal with it and use the whole bottle again but no more compliments and even one time a male student asked what the putred smell was in the room lol. I just assumed he ment me and the lemon cleaner scent your talking about is exactly what comes to mind for me. Definitely detergenty, orange,lemon,citrus and floral blends vs this robust tobacco, mature scent that I had grown to love. I ended up buying another bottle last year and at this point I have half the bottle left and desperately in search of a replacement as I just can't take the smell anymore. But nothing is satisfying me.. I did use LaMale for a bottle and I must say I loved it's fresh pine,minty smell but it comes across to most as a good smelling soap. I just want that more manly smell D&G had..
    After seeing this post though I started researching and have found an auction on Ebay from a guy touting his possession of the older version and even selling them for a bit more than I was wanting to spend.. But if it's the real deal.. I'll be fine with paying the extra.. I'll post back to let you know how it turns out but I didn't even think about the bottle label or packaging being different. But seeing the difference now, I've had the etched on the bottle kind for the last few years and I definitely remember having the label version originally. I'm happy to have at least found that I'm not crazy.. and the wife as well. She agrees it just isn't the same and has never been happy with the replacement bottles. Here is the link to the auction where I bought mine. He says he has a few left but if it's the right kind I may be buying whats left lol :P

I'm banking on this being the original as he even has several auctions with the new package and doesn't sell them for as much or references it as different. Will report back on this soon.
    You could try Versace The Dreamer. That was suggested to me. Yes, current Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is a pale version of its former self.

I've just come across some bottles that have the new printed name on the bottle, but have the old box (with the white frame) and were made in Italy. Could they be fake?

--EDIT--

They were bought in the UK, probably on the Heathrow Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I concur that D&G pour Homme is now a pale, sad shadow of its former self. A pity indeed.
    last time i tried (thinking about a gift for my parent) is wasn't as good as it was the last time i tried it. I thought the tester would have been in bad condition, but this thread is making me doubt about that.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Plus

I have been a very long-time wearer of D&G Pour Homme. I had original vintage in college and started my career. It was a rich, masculine scent that embodied confidence. I wore it on dates (year-round) and in light moderation to client meetings early in my work-life. Compliments were plentiful...sometimes, almost too noticeable and creating a scene! It was a masterpiece.

What has happened? I bought, a few years ago, a new 4.2oz bottle that was Made in Germany with a Blue Cap from a department store - but with the logo imprinted on the bottle. I no longer have the box, but remember that classic blue felt. The bottle still is about half-full. Fast forward to 6 months ago and I purchased a 4.2oz bottle with the silver label that was guaranteed authentic off eBay for a good price - I won an auction in the closing seconds. It came to me in fine shape - I was very happy to see the silver label and it was Made in Italy. I thought I had the original back and held onto it. One evening a couple of weeks ago, I took a warm shower and came into the bedroom for a night with my wife. I applied the new bottle with the silver label and noticed immediately that it was dilute. Within 20-30 minutes, it had faded almost completely from my skin...leaving just a trace! I was shocked and reapplied - this time putting a couple of shots of the Made in Germany blue capped bottle juice on my other arm. Immediately, the room filled with D&G Pour Homme with the German juice. I couldn't believe it. I was on a mission...

I have found that you cannot trust that all "vintage" bottles are still good. This wasn't cheap, but it is not nearly what it used to be! The Blue Cap German D&G Pour Homme seems to be very close to the original in terms of notes...maybe a touch weak in longevity, but it is undeniably good stuff and authentic.

So, question is - do I have a fake bottle or an old bottle that has lost its muster (highly unlikely) or is the new formulation from Italy just that bad?

I decided to go with my nose after deliberating and found a 4.2oz Blue Cap Made in Germany bottle for under $60 (a New Tester) from a very reputable seller on eBay. He also had several other old stock bottles of good juice that I bought. I am going to try it directly next to my other printed logo Blue Cap German bottle and compare juice, but he has a guarantee and solid return policy.

I read on here once that authentic D&G Pour Homme was Made in Germany, until they heavily reformulated it (now back in Italy). But, I thought the original bottles I bought (and I am not certain of this) were made in Italy back in the day with the silver label - can someone who knows please clarify?

Cheers!
    Last edited by ericrico; 16th February 2012 at 03:42 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

yes it was. new version smells brighter and more like a lemon cleaner of some sort and lacks the nice dry down the old one had. its quiet more linear, while the old version was rounder and had nice transitions.

Basenotes Plus

Bachatu Man -

I totally agree with the new bottle I purchased online at eBay (Made in Italy) - totally linear with very little longevity. It originally showed a lemon cleaner with a hollow mid and an almost non-existent base. It is true (as another basenotes member posted) that all the D&G Pour Homme that is current formulation Made in Germany - however, do not forget the original juice was Made in Italy with a black plastic cap and silver label, most certainly. I actually made sure that the latest bottle I bought was, in fact, Made in Germany with a Blue Cap - to get a proper reformulation and try them next to each other. I know the true original (vintage) had silver labels and black caps - but I believe the juice from Germany in the imprinted logo bottle is reformulated, but not bad. It is a lighter wear with more top notes (bright lemon and bergamot is more prevalent) while Vintage had warmer mandarin and tangerine notes - just a nice bit of spicy bergamot. Excellent opening in Vintage, but a bit too loud for some with current. I actually don't mind it as it warms to the skin and projects well. The transition into the heart is brilliant with both - lavender, sage, tarragon, cardamom and nice black pepper (a spicy green heart with warmth & depth). Vintage is, again, superior with tobacco leaf and flower entering at the end of the heart flowing into the base. Current has only a "hint" of that - but it is more of an accord rather than a note. For those of us who have worn it for over a decade-and-a-half, we expect it and our olfactory memory will sometimes put it there. Some find it - others don't. I find it, but it is very light. Important to mention - tobacco was taken off of the scent pyramid for the reformulation.

Do you know about the significance in bottlings and countries of origin? I was told to stay away from Italian bottles of current production. Although, ironically, mine has the silver label - it is clearly either a heavy reformulation of the lemon cleaner or a knock-off, but it looks authentic...

Thanks.

****UPDATE**** - the bottle I bought that threw the confusion into the mix (as I truly and deeply know Vintage Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme), is actually authentic and real. It had not turned! The bottom line - it was stored away (possibly in a cold warehouse) and muted. It is a 125ml/4.2oz big bottle and it had never been sprayed for all those years (the code checked out to September 4, 2004) - so it was dormant, completely shutdown for over 7+ years! That is a long time for more modern fragrances like D&G Pour Homme as they do need oxygen to show themselves.

I have "worked" the bottle into shape. About 20-25ml used - really getting into the bottle and each subsequent wearing was showing better and better. Interesting that the citrus in this bottle is not sharp at all - it is actually deep and beautiful. I am used to layering a lot of current formulation. That lemon is definitely bright in the new juice. Mandarin orange/tangerine with just a hint of lemon (it is deep citrus - warm) with lavender joining in at about 7-8 minutes...smooth and very nice (similar to the lavender in Original Versace Dreamer), then joining with nice green sage, spicy cardamom and a dash of pepper, but not too much of anything. Balance. Harmony. True form.

Tobacco leaf and flower (so beautiful) enter after the herbs and spices and pepper. My favorite part of the wear - always has been. Lasts about 15-20 minutes until you reach the base. This bottle shows a warmness (and slight sweetness in the base) of tonka bean, cedar, sandalwood and musk - with the tobacco drifting on with a touch of coumarin and powder from the iris note (not something I really looked for before). I attributed it more to the slightly dusty feel of cedar and sandalwood, but if you search for it - iris is in the base, blended with the wood, tobacco & musk. Damn, is this beautiful!

So - my update is significant. I ordered a partially used 80-85% full 75ml bottle from a seller - code checked out to Feb. 2005 and it arrived today! Decent shape - silver label is beat up but the bottom sticker is perfect. The juice shows that it, as the seller described, has barely ever been used. He's had the bottle for years but doesn't wear fragrance much. Don't know what he smells like - but he's a great guy! :-)

It opens with a bit more lemon and bergamot than some other vintage bottles I have - this stuff is FRESH! The heart notes don't show up for at least 15 minutes and it's the green and slightly earthy and bitter sage and tarragon that come in first on this bottle - with the lavender very fragrant. Black pepper and cardamom show up around 30 minutes in and then the tobacco note (this has more leaf than flower). Overall, a tighter and more "focused" bottle. Time gives each and every bottle its own vibe. The base is brilliant. Lots of musk and wood, with a warm tonka bean. The Iris doesn't even peek through until about an hour.

This, in my opinion, could be worn entirely by itself. It will, over time, I believe show more warmth as my other vintage bottles do, but this is a very nice bottle that almost feels like it was bought new (fresh batch) over 7 years ago...just off the shelf! A pristine find!

Interesting and there was even air in the bottle (but, again, hardly used at all over the years). Authentic, true-to-form and showing exceptionally well. A bottle to be enjoyed. Got it for a very fair price. This will get some serious use in the months ahead. I can shelf the other bottle that I "opened" up with air and vigorous shaking - as that has been brought back to life and true form (but that is warm and has less top notes - just some warm mandarin/tangerine juice). Not bright like this - and this is definitely less bright than current formulation!

The experience continues...

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Bachatu Man View Post
    yes it was. new version smells brighter and more like a lemon cleaner of some sort and lacks the nice dry down the old one had. its quiet more linear, while the old version was rounder and had nice transitions.
    Last edited by ericrico; 4th October 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Update
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Basenotes Plus

Okay - the plot thickens a bit. This is getting a little crazy. I looked on bottom of the Made in Italy bottle's (silver label, black cap) box and found a UPC code. The bottle itself has a bit of a weathered metallic silver sticker - but all of my previous bottles over time saw wear as well. The sticker on the bottom has a batch code and everything! I ran the UPC Code - it is real!

Here is what UPCdatabase.com gave me back:

Description Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
    Size/Weight 4.2 oz.
    Issuing Country Italy
    Last Modified 4 Apr 2010, 2:37 PM

A couple more lines of non-relevant data - but, here's what I don't quite get. The plastic around the spray matches the black plastic top. It has started to show its true form, so I am using it and shaking the bottle to integrate oxygen into the juice in the bottle - I am hopeful this will come around. Am I crazy for liking the blue top/Made in Germany bottle? At least it smells like (and is, as well), D&G Pour Homme. And, is it worth trying to find from a possibly honest seller a bottle of original vintage, Made in Italy juice with the silver sticker and buy another as this one came to me duff? Yes - because I know and adore Original formulation, Made in Italy juice!

As, all points to this being 100% authentic as well! I am conflicted, to say the least...
    Last edited by ericrico; 4th October 2012 at 04:22 PM.

my experience has been that the newer stamped logo bottles, which are made in germany, are the reformulated versions. Where as the old sticker bottles are vintage. All I know is my last bottle which had the label, was an old tester made in Italy and that one was vintage like with the full array of notes and more natural smelling. Recently I got the newer version, stamped logo made in germany, and it had the lemon cleaner vibe. I know it was authentic I got a sample from sephoras and it smelled the same, lacked the smooth tobacco and tonka at the basenotes.

Sooo glad I bought my D&G before it was reformulated. I bought mine in 2008 and it has the sticker. Not sure what year they changed it though.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Plus

Great name -

I play through Mesa Rectifier heads (2-channel, of course). ;-) Your Top 5 is pure class - LMAO! You should duly note "Plug-in Wicks air freshener"...as it is slightly superior to Preferred Stock.

Jokes aside.

I am convinced by everything that I MUST procure a bottle of the juice that I remember - vintage, silver label from Italy. Although, my "Made in Germany" bottle is actually superior to the Italian bottle I got online recently (I give up on any rational explanation as even the barcode on it is checking out). I don't get the lemon cleaner notes from mine...although a lot of people are saying the reformulation is what I want to stay away from. Mind you, my bottle has been open for a few years (as I have been exploring so, so many other fragrances of today and yesteryear and it had dust on it. So, it has been "breathing" with a lot of air in the bottle for a while.

This will be the end-all Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme hunt. I have found one reliable seller online, but they want a pretty penny for it...shipping alone with the bottle price is almost $90 for a 4.2oz. Crazy. I used to buy a big bottle back in the day for around $50 - Vintage juice, department store price.

I am going to play with the new stuff a bit and see what my conclusion is. Funny - I was convinced that the Made in Germany juice was what I wanted since it was so superior to the recent Made in Italy bottle I got...screechy, short and sharp. I do feel the German juice, while very solid to me, is lacking what I remember from before in terms of depth and notes.

Cheers - rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Sooo glad I bought my D&G before it was reformulated. I bought mine in 2008 and it has the sticker. Not sure what year they changed it though.

Basenotes Plus

I've written a lot on this and don't want to be redundant, but I am determined to find a vintage bottle myself. This has to be settled - this fragrance has been part of my life since the mid-90's when I finished college, started my first job, met my wife and travelled far and wide. It is a scent that has been with me in the journey of life...I am determined to find it again.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachatu Man View Post
    my experience has been that the newer stamped logo bottles, which are made in germany, are the reformulated versions. Where as the old sticker bottles are vintage. All I know is my last bottle which had the label, was an old tester made in Italy and that one was vintage like with the full array of notes and more natural smelling. Recently I got the newer version, stamped logo made in germany, and it had the lemon cleaner vibe. I know it was authentic I got a sample from sephoras and it smelled the same, lacked the smooth tobacco and tonka at the basenotes.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Great name -

I play through Mesa Rectifier heads (2-channel, of course). ;-) Your Top 5 is pure class - LMAO! You should duly note "Plug-in Wicks air freshener"...as it is slightly superior to Preferred Stock.
    Nice nice, I play a 5:25 Express. Good to see another axe man on here besides those of the Dark Temptation variety. I'm glad you like the Top 5 as well.

As for D&G PH, it is a shame they reformulated such a classic cologne. It's lovely in every way and good for any occasion or time of day/year.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Plus

Mission accomplished! I found very reasonably priced vintage NIB bottle, still in cellophane with the silver Dolce & Gabbana round sticker still sealing the entire package! The lot number imprinted on the bottom of the box matches the lot number on the "Made it Italy" bottle. This is true vintage! The silver label on the bottle is perfect - frozen in time. Ironically, I paid just a few cents less for this than I did for the Made in Germany bottle I recently acquired. Wow - the depth. One spray - left inner wrist. I had to pump at least 3-4 times for the spray to come out - therefore, the bottle is totally new and never been used (as advertised). I can very closely "reassemble" the cellophane and bring it together with the silver Dolce & Gabbana sticker. But why...now that I have found a 4.2oz bottle of original vintage juice - it is time to indulge.

Side-by-side comparison: After HOURS of trying to find the original vintage for a fair price (I think these bottles will sell for $90-$110+, NIB, in the very near future if you can even find one at all). It is the smell that I knew, loved and cherished all these years. The beautiful light tobacco note integrated even from the start - 10/10. A classic, a masterpiece. Timeless and a scent for any occassion - cool weather, hot weather; formal or casual. I would wear this to a wedding in an expensive Italian suit and then to a picnic lunch at the beach the next day. It could never be offensive. The magnificent top note of fresh-squeezed mandarin and warm oriental undertones along with the gorgeous lavender, fresh-ground pepper and clary sage come together in absolute delectable harmony...WOW!

German reformulation - I am actually surprised how good this holds up against the original. Mind you, this is an older bottle of German juice and has been in my collection for several years. It doesn't have the tobacco note - instead, it is slightly brighter with lemon, tangerine, the floral and green middle with a dash of pepper (still very good) and its warm base includes cedar, tonka bean, sandalwood and musk. However, without having a bottle of original vintage DIRECTLY next to it - it is very good juice! I would say that it carries 80-85% of the original's notes (I forgot to mention the excellent cardamon found in both as well - another key note) with a cleaner (and slightly louder citrus top - but definitely not lemon cleaner to me...it warms up on the skin and gets lavender/"green" notes and pepper within a few minutes, even on the back of my hand). The sage is there, but instead of transcending and warming up with the tobacco notes along with the rest of the drydown - the musk comes in. This is not bad, but where the scents solidify their differences. The musk is a warm musk - not white, but not dirty. The wood from the cedar and sandalwood lend a hand (along with the tonka bean) to a pleasant base. This is what will be the vast majority of the scent - integrated, like the original, with the top citrus and the rich middle. The pepper note is almost identical with the cardamon...that is essential. My overall rating for the reformulation is a very respectable and solid 8.8/10. The longevity is not as good - but after going back and forth, I am admittingly getting a bit of olfactory fatigue. The entire room is a D&G Pour Homme cloud as I applied another full spray of each right now to really nail-down the differences! ;-)

So, I have come to the conclusion that the "Original Vintage" bottle I got before was simply, somehow just "off". I will not factor into this review. This may come as a shock to some, but I put the "true-to-form", Original Vintage bottle I just got in my "Top Tier"...but the reformulation is still excellent juice and I would have to say that I highly respect it! That is just how much I like it. Of all the reformulations I have personally suffered through over the last several years due to IFRA, companies maximizing profit, plain greed, etc. - this is one of the few that I can accept. A main reason is their honesty - they changed both the box and bottle label, it is now Made in Germany and they were honest about the ingredients changing and what was taken out and what was put in. To Dolce & Gabbana - I respect you for that and thank you for continuing quality production of a classic scent that will be an absolute staple in my wardrobe for many years to come. It is one of the best masculine scents ever created and is still wonderful...cheers!
    Last edited by ericrico; 4th October 2012 at 04:24 PM.

^ Excellent post and very helpful. Thanks Eric.

I'm still debating tracking down a bottle. I also agree that the reformula is pretty close to the original in a way and not a bad scent per-se. Of course, if you love and owned the original for a while, you will always prefer it to any reformula. Especially one with a noticible difference.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Basenotes Plus

Hi Surfacing -

I appreciate the compliment.

I would make the same recommendation to you (a true fragrance aficionado and someone I admire here on Basenotes) as I would to someone who is totally new to the world of scent...only seek out and buy the Original Vintage if you are willing to pay a premium, but know that the current production (as long as it's authentic) is really great juice and is also guaranteed to be fresher.

There is no sense, IMHO, for 99% of the people who want this fragrance to go out of their way and look for only original vintage D&G Pour Homme. I am happy and, in a strange way, relieved to do this side-by-side comparison. I can now focus my attention to buying classic scents that are no longer in any sort of production and also original vintage bottles of juice that the reformulation has ruined completely (where oakmoss was a key ingredient, for example).

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    ^ Excellent post and very helpful. Thanks Eric.

I'm still debating tracking down a bottle. I also agree that the reformula is pretty close to the original in a way and not a bad scent per-se. Of course, if you love and owned the original for a while, you will always prefer it to any reformula. Especially one with a noticible difference.
    Last edited by ericrico; 26th November 2012 at 08:36 PM.

First post here after about a year of lurking. I have a very similar story to yours Ericorico regarding Dolce and Gabbana pour homme. It was the first fragrance I picked out for myself as a freshman in college, and pretty much for the next 6 years was my signature fragrance. In the past few years I've been moving from Boston to SF to NY, and during this time I left it at my dad's house in Minnesota to avoid unnecessary transit and possible damage, feeling comfortable knowing that it was safe. To my great dismay however, I recently went home and couldn't locate D&G among my old small collection of fragrances, and after searching high and low I found out that my dad's girlfriend broke the 4.2 oz bottle while reorganizing the house. I was pretty sad to learn this, and sadder still to learn that the fragrance has been reformulated and difficult to find.

It's a little confusing with all of the different possible bottles, a possible scent change before the bottle change, and sites of manufacture. Would you mind sharing the serial codes on each of your bottles (not just the UPC, but the 4-digit number on the back of the box or bottom of the bottle). I recently purchased a bottle with the old silver sticker, and the serial code on checkcosmetic.net says it's from July 2007, but the UPC code says an identical message to yours, 4 April 2010. I'm thinking that the UPC code might be recycled by the company, who has to re-enter it into the database yearly and it gets "updated" without really meaning that the product initially assigned that code way back when matches the current UPC date.

Anyway, I'm very interested to know what serial codes your bottles turn out to have. I think this bottle smells pretty much how I remember it, except that it seems lighter to me, especially since I remember DG pour homme to be a monster in projection. To be honest, it has been awhile since I smelled my old vintage, now lost juice, and since then smelling the new version has confused my nose.

I would appreciate any input you have, and hope my bottle is the real deal, and that I'm just more attuned to stronger scents since finding Basenotes. Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Hey locke22 -

I remember your post from a while back...funny, because I could relate to the "getting back that precious juice"-mentality us fragrance lovers have.

I have to do research and pull out the bottles I have - they are stored in a cool, dry place right now (and I'm not at home).

I would say a simply solution is to have your dad's girlfriend who broke the bottle buy you a new one from a reputable seller on eBay! ;-)

Jokes aside...I hope your bottle is the real deal too. But, you know, a funny thing. The most recent bottle of vintage I got was so warm, smooth and harmonious that I didn't find it to be terribly "loud". When I was a younger guy with this stuff, I would put on 8-10+ full sprays when getting ready and the 2-3 more for good luck on the way out the door! If you were like me, you had a cloud of D&G Pour Homme around you for hours. Of course you got compliments - if you were like me, the memory of the monster projection was from the heavy application! Also, the fragrance was simply fresher. The bottle I just got was still wrapped, perfectly, in cellophane! It is so deep & wonderful, yet even compared to my memory, it is not as powerful. At the same time, I can say that I have grown tremendously in olfactory experience and knowledge. As well, I have a lot of strong, "powerhouse" scents that make D&G Pour Homme look timid ;-). I love Vintage fragrance and have a lot of treasures from many years ago that last for 8-12+ hours and have truly incredible sillage/projection.

Any way, I will get back to you once I can get to those bottles, but remember - it's all about "how" the scent smells and the pleasure you get from it. I am really enjoying the Reformulated juice Made in Germany - it is different, but the fragrance retains its essence and has a wonderful, clean and fresh smell. And, like a lot of reformulations, the top notes are much more pronounced (especially the nice citrus). So, I actually get a lot of projection from the reformulation in the first hour or so - and layered with the Vintage, you get the best of both worlds!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by locke22 View Post
    First post here after about a year of lurking. I have a very similar story to yours Ericorico regarding Dolce and Gabbana pour homme. It was the first fragrance I picked out for myself as a freshman in college, and pretty much for the next 6 years was my signature fragrance. In the past few years I've been moving from Boston to SF to NY, and during this time I left it at my dad's house in Minnesota to avoid unnecessary transit and possible damage, feeling comfortable knowing that it was safe. To my great dismay however, I recently went home and couldn't locate D&G among my old small collection of fragrances, and after searching high and low I found out that my dad's girlfriend broke the 4.2 oz bottle while reorganizing the house. I was pretty sad to learn this, and sadder still to learn that the fragrance has been reformulated and difficult to find.

It's a little confusing with all of the different possible bottles, a possible scent change before the bottle change, and sites of manufacture. Would you mind sharing the serial codes on each of your bottles (not just the UPC, but the 4-digit number on the back of the box or bottom of the bottle). I recently purchased a bottle with the old silver sticker, and the serial code on checkcosmetic.net says it's from July 2007, but the UPC code says an identical message to yours, 4 April 2010. I'm thinking that the UPC code might be recycled by the company, who has to re-enter it into the database yearly and it gets "updated" without really meaning that the product initially assigned that code way back when matches the current UPC date.

Anyway, I'm very interested to know what serial codes your bottles turn out to have. I think this bottle smells pretty much how I remember it, except that it seems lighter to me, especially since I remember DG pour homme to be a monster in projection. To be honest, it has been awhile since I smelled my old vintage, now lost juice, and since then smelling the new version has confused my nose.

I would appreciate any input you have, and hope my bottle is the real deal, and that I'm just more attuned to stronger scents since finding Basenotes. Thanks!

@Ericrico

Glad you found your vintage Dg ph again!
    I guess you were pretty much confused as your previous made in Italy sticker bottle was a bad one while it shouldn't..............
    I think this was really really bad luck as the bottle probably went bad in sunlight or temperature changes or something.

To add: this is what I wrote a little while ago on another thread about reformulated DG ph:

As mentioned in other threads it's simple............

The one with the sticker on the glass (made in Italy! version) is the vintage one (pre 2008/07) and the one with the good smell with tobacco etc.
    The one with the signature embossed in the glass (after 2007 formulation) is the new almost lemon only frag without tobacco (and is made in Germany!).

I have the new formulation already for 2 years and I liked it as a fresh lemony summer scent.
    Now I got hold of the made in Italy sticker version and this is so much better!
    This is not even a summer frag anymore but a full rich lemon/tobacco based fall/winter frag!

I think both versions layer perfectly and layering makes it a more versatile scent as well!! It also makes the vintage bottle last longer as you have to use less.
    I am happy with both (75ml) but the sticker version is way way better constructed and worth the money!
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Chanel: Egoïste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Basenotes Plus

Hey locke22 -

I was able to locate the batch number on the bottom of the bottle - and entered it into checkcosmetic.net's Dolce & Gabbana cross-referenced database. Mine is perfectly-preserved vintage juice...the date of manufacture is July 16, 2003! I knew it was older from the box as I had seen another 2007 box that was slightly different in online pictures.

But, the juice is magnificent and I couldn't be happier. Funny thing is that checkcosmetic.net gave me a big RED X saying it is past its shelf life of 36 months (3 years). LOL! So, I guess I have to look for fresher vintage juice that doesn't exist.

A final thought - to perhaps ease your mind a bit too - simply enjoy the fragrance. Put an extra couple shots on if you want more projection and look for other fragrances that give you olfactory pleasure. We all have favorites in this world, but my collection varies so broad and diverse - from modern classics (D&G Pour Homme, Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male, Gucci Pour Homme - Original Vintage and Tom Ford-era, Gucci Envy, literally more than a dozen Vetivers, incense-laden fragrances, classic chypres, Aromatic Fougeres, a lot of vintage "powerhouse" scents from the 80's and niche fragrances). My wardrobe only lists a small amount of what I actually have.

Ironically, my favorite fragrance of ALL time in Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (originally made in 1973) and I have LOTS of it - including large flacons (8oz and bigger!) of true Original Vintage (from 1973)...all perfectly preserved! Being a new member on here, I would highly-recommend finding specific notes that you like and start your journey that way. It is a simple way to get really into the world of fragrance and start building up a collection of bottles to choose from. D&G Pour Homme will be there - but, you can also broaden your horizons and wear a variety of scents to suit everything from your environment, clothes, mood & the weather. All of those elements play a part in how a scent comes across to both you & those around you.

Cheers, man!

Quote Originally Posted by locke22 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    ...I have the new formulation already for 2 years and I liked it as a fresh lemony summer scent.
    Now I got hold of the made in Italy sticker version and this is so much better!
    This is not even a summer frag anymore but a full rich lemon/tobacco based fall/winter frag!...
    I disagree that the new formula is a "fresh lemony summer scent". I've tried it three times now. It is similar to vintage ( to me). But it is still not as good ( I agree with you here, as well as Eric and others). Vintage smells richer up top. More evolving. And of course, much more potent.

The new ( current ) formula has a more simple top and reaches the dry down quicker. I still get the musky tobacco accord. No doubt about it. I actually can't notice the lemon once the top notes have transitioned. I would still rate the current as a good fragrance.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Just checked mine on checkcosmetic.net:

My vintage version is from April 15, 2005
    My new version is from October 30, 2009

@surfacing
    I can only smell the tobacco of the reformulation in the drydown and the vintage has it in the opening already imo hence the richness.
    I agree and also said that the reformulation is still good but imo it's more to the unisex direction, less potent and less sillage/longevity.

That the reformulation is still a good scent says a lot about the vintage...................

Basenotes Plus

Couple of good responses gentlemen. I pulled out the "off" bottle of Italian juice which could be a 'transition' year as well. I am seeing several bottles on eBay with the Silver sticker label that we all salivate like Pavlov's dogs for - but, the box (low & behold) is the silver printed logo (no silver rectangle logo like the sticker). I am seeing it more and more...take a look for yourselves.

The box and bottle say "Made in Italy" and the seller holds to it that it is authentic. I sprayed two shots on my inner wrists a short while back - it wasn't as harsh this time around (air in the bottle let it breathe, yes!) I actually got some nice middle notes with more than hint of tobacco...then, it slowly faded out. I firmly believe that this bottle is muted, but not ruined. It is showing true notes indicative of Original Dolce & Gabbana, but it is closed. I need to simply spray more, allow air to enter the bottle (ie. make room for some) and then, hopefully, the juice will come to life. Like wine, fragrances need oxygen to 'breathe' and show their potential. This must've been stored in, perhaps, a very cold warehouse. Heat/light would have ruined it - period. My best guess is that it is partially shut-down, but here's hoping it comes around.

The crooked "L" in the six digit code on the bottom of the bottle was actually the left angle of the number "4". There is another "4" in the code, ironically. When I put the bottle up to light I can see the indentation of the straight vertical, "l", for the "4" next to the crooked "L". I feel a bit foolish, but at first glance in rather poor lighting, it was not clear. The number checks out.

Important to note - this may be a tester. That would also explain why it was put into a box without the silver rectangle. I know several sellers on eBay who have done this. Again, this seller was firm it was authentic and he even offered to take the bottle back if I wasn't happy.
    Last edited by ericrico; 4th October 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Couple of good responses gentlemen. I pulled out the "off" bottle of Italian juice which could be a 'transition' year as well. I am seeing several bottles on eBay with the Silver sticker label that we all salivate like Pavlov's dogs for - but, the box (low & behold) is the silver printed logo (no silver rectangle logo like the sticker). I am seeing it more and more...take a look for yourselves...
    I see this one alot on eBay. Honestly, I don't use eBay much anymore, especially for fragrances. But with this Dolce, I would stay away personally. I know it is faked alot. The sellers likely do not even know ! It doesn't mean that they are all fakes, of course. ....

Sorry to read about your new air freshener ... it just lasts an hour ? Thats a shame, but maybe it can change ? ( ie, sometimes setting a bottle aside, and then comming "back to it" reveals different results)

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Yes, normally the batch number of Dg ph does not have a letter!

You really don't wanna know how many fake DG ph's there are in circulation ericrico..............the Dutch trade site is full of them!
    The one I bought was legit and it was in a gift set (and it was a 75 ml version)!

Further thing to notice is that the fakes are (almost) always produced in the highest ml (or FL for Americans) amounts!
    Eg. The DG ph fakes are only 125 ml and the smaller amounts are the real deal!

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    ... or a substitute: Gucci Guilty PH, Boss Bottled, Baldessarini, Boss Orange Men...
    !!!

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Basenotes Plus

Yeah, Slayerized, I know. I got that sinking feeling...

But, the juice is packaged and bottle correctly - and, after writing what I wrote, Surfacing mentioned that it might need time to open up. Funny thing is that I reapplied just two more shots on my inner wrists and it gave me true-to-form notes (even the warm tobacco) and lasted until I took a shower about two hours later...?

Regardless, it is now totally inoffensive and we'll see if it comes around - otherwise, I see it is a bottle to layer for either a richer opening, or better yet, a touch up/refresher bottle to get me a couple more hours later in the day. Funny thing - I actually like some fragrances not to last too long, as I like to change things up during the day without having to take 2-3 showers. So, I got what I got and I'm stuck with it.

It could be worse. I could have a bottle of Gucci Guilty PH, Boss Bottled, Baldessarini, or Boss Orange Men...LOL!

Cheers!

lol!

If it's that light I would spray some in my hand mixed with scentless aftershave balsem and put it around face/neck area to increase the longevity of the real one!

Lucky me, just got hold of a "brand new" vintage DG ph sticker back-up bottle made in Italy, 75 ml, package in cellophane for 30 euros!

Basenotes Plus

Awesome! Congratulations, Slayerized!

Not super cheap, but a great find nonetheless...enjoy.

Cheers!

PS - I guess this karma thing is going around...I just got another Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme bottle (yet, another 8oz large flacon - great condition) for $55!

I have a new tagline - "If any of us Basenoters ever meet, will we shake hands or sniff each other like dogs...?"

Lucky me, just got hold of a "brand new" vintage DG ph sticker back-up bottle made in Italy, 75 ml, package in cellophane for 30 euros!

@ericrico

lol, u know where dogs sniff?

Anyway, you now must have enough Paco Rabanne to outlive the next millenium, don't you, lol!

30 euros for 75 ml of vintage DG ph not cheap? Even the current formula is here like 40 euros at least for 75 ml, so for me it's a steal!

Basenotes Plus

@Slayerized

Yeah - hilarious man, I was going to add to the tagline, "but a little higher up". Funny stuff.

I realized, in life, you could never have too much love, too many good friends, too much honesty...and never enough Vintage Paco Rabanne!

Actually - I take it back...a good deal for the D&G Pour Homme. I thought the exchange rate was 1.5-1.6 Euros to the USD. You did fine, man! I may pick up another vintage bottle.

My passion du jour right now is Original Formulation Zino Davidoff. Wearing it today - layered with new formula. Lots of threads that I have chimed in on here. Amazing, unique fragrance - recently reformulated! Almost all sellers are still showing the old bottle. I have even been deliberately lied to - crazy!

It is Johnny Depp's signature fragrance, but I don't care about who in Hollywood wears what. It is simply amazing juice!

So - to change things up...what do you think of Zino Davidoff man??

@ericrico

lol, u know where dogs sniff?

Anyway, you now must have enough Paco Rabanne to outlive the next millenium, don't you, lol!

30 euros for 75 ml of vintage DG ph not cheap? Even the current formula is here like 40 euros at least for 75 ml, so for me it's a steal!

Basenotes Plus

Coming back to this old thread now after a while.

As most of us have heard, Dolce & Gabbana are releasing the latest reformulation of Pour Homme - with Tobacco listed as the first base note! Here is the link - perfumemaster.org/Latest-Fragrance-News/Dolce-Gabbana-New-Pour-Femme-And-Pour-Homme-For-2012

If anyone has tried this or sampled at a dept. store, it is coming out this month everywhere. I am hopeful and cautiously optimistic about THIS reformulation, although the Made in Germany juice has been good (just not the rich and warm Vintage Italian/"Silver Sticker Label" bottles). But, in this day and age where fragrance lines are being shutdown if they don't sell, I see this as a potential move to keep the fragrance alive. In the press release they talk a little about "maturing" - that is, Dolce & Gabbana themselves...and bringing tobacco (both flower & leaf in vintage) back into the composition as a listed note is essential. The overall note pyramid is scaled back.

Some of us found a tobacco note (or possibly an accord) in the German reformulated juice. Personally, I didn't - but I almost always layered it with Vintage...so the point was moot. I got my rich, warm tobacco and spiked the top and heart notes. It wears well as we've discussed, when layered. On its own, it was a good reformulation. And, now...this.

Please fellow Basenoters - share your experiences. Start a new thread (if there isn't one already) or just add on here. I am not going to rush out and buy the new formulation just yet. Something (maybe it's my "maturity") tells me that Vintage bottles I have are never going to be replicated in depth and richness. While, I wait in the wings to see...but, this bottle is probably not going to disappear overnight - so I don't feel the need to try it.

And, a final follow up...I am well into that bottle of true Original Formulation that was muted. After using a good amount of the juice and incorporating air, it wears in true form now. That "shut-down" bottle's serial number was not a slightly inverted "L"...my silly mistake. It was actually a "4" with the vertical line imprinted faintly, but the actual ink had worn off. I feel a bit foolish, but it became very clear when I held it up to good light and then saw both the angle (as there is another 4 in the serial number to compare it to) and the slight indent of the vertical line. Regardless, being a wine collector and having a large amount in storage, I understand how olfactory notes shutdown over time and the role oxygen plays in opening up scents.

Funny where this thread took us - as we are now going to be examining yet another reformulation that harkens back to the original D&G Pour Homme. We shall see...

Cheers.

ericrico

^^^

Fingers crossed!

The new one has a new lid so identifying it will be easy.

This new "reformulation" is more of a relaunch of D&G Pour Homme than a reformulation (though technically, it is a reformulation). They're making a big deal of it rather than trying to sneak it in under the radar. I have high hopes!