Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme - reformulated?

Quote Originally Posted by Basehead View Post
    I went to Lord and Taylor at my local mall and they had two testers out of this stuff. One was the sticker label made in Italy version and the other was the newer non-sticker bottle made in Germany. I found that very strange! But of course all the boxed frags were made in UK.
    Basehead, did you ask if they could part with the Italian bottle since all the saleable boxes are now made in the UK? You never know they might hook you up. I live in the burbs west of Detroit and used to buy a lot of my fragrances at the L&T in Farilane (been closed awhile now) and Novi. There is the one in Sterling Heights but that is too far a drive for me.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Basehead, did you ask if they could part with the Italian bottle since all the saleable boxes are now made in the UK? You never know they might hook you up. I live in the burbs west of Detroit and used to buy a lot of my fragrances at the L&T in Farilane (been closed awhile now) and Novi. There is the one in Sterling Heights but that is too far a drive for me.
    Are you freaking kidding me!?!? The L&T I am referring to was in fact Lakeside mall in Sterling Heights! On M59 aka Hall rd. I actually asked and she said no I can't sell you this tester. I have a few bottles of it already and prob would have tried harder if I didn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Basehead View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me!?!? The L&T I am referring to was in fact Lakeside mall in Sterling Heights! On M59 aka Hall rd. I actually asked and she said no I can't sell you this tester. I have a few bottles of it already and prob would have tried harder if I didn't already.
    Haha, small world. You mentioned Lord and Taylor (I've been a customer there forever) and I noticed you were in Detroit so I had to reply. Glad to hear you tried to buy the tester. Too bad she said no.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Just bout a 4.2oz Tester with the sticker and everything. Anybody have any insight on whether there are fake 4.2oz testers of D&G PH? I saw in the earlier posts that the 4.2's are the most faked and just wanted to see if they faked tester bottles as well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by adamn2020 View Post
    Just bout a 4.2oz Tester with the sticker and everything. Anybody have any insight on whether there are fake 4.2oz testers of D&G PH? I saw in the earlier posts that the 4.2's are the most faked and just wanted to see if they faked tester bottles as well. Thanks!
    No, those fake 125ml are never fake testers to my knowledge.
    My Top '11' :

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Tom Ford: Ombré Leather
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - Amouage: Interlude

Basenotes Plus

Wanted to bump this thread. Vintage D&G Pour Homme is still available at really reasonable prices online, guys. Don't miss out and be afraid of getting a fake, it can be kinda easy to determine if it's a fake or not! Pictures online, this thread, another thread, etc.

Thanks to the info I acquired and my vintage hunting lately, I acquired a 125ml 2005 Made in Italy bottle, a 75ml 2005, (got my Dad to get himself a 75ml 2005 as well), and then today my other 75ml buy arrived, and it's a good one.. I bought it with only seeing maybe two pictures of the box with cellophane on it, but assumed correctly it being older than my 2005's. I received it today, and BOOM, 1998 batch year! Hell yeah! Haha. So I'm probably set for life with what I have, but if I see any deals I can't pass up, well..
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Quote Originally Posted by Andrè Moreau View Post

First bottles 1994-1999, no english phrases

since 1999 up to 2004: adding the english phrase "...empty containers in the envirnment...."

roughly since 2004: symbols appeared

Thanks for this post summarizing Andrè. Ive come to the same conclusion myself. However, one thing I havent figured out, after reading this entire thread and doing research, is were the original early bottles that were only written in italian actually stronger, as in longevity, sillage etc? Was the scent better than when the box started changing in 2000 and 2004? I only have a memory of me being in my early 20s wearing the 1995 version and I do remember it being a beast. My GF said she could smell me all day. Ive bought various vintage bottles trying to get a long lasting scent on me, and it only seems to last a few hours (most citruses do, especially on my skin). Im trying to figure out, was there actually a difference in these early (first) bottles, or is it my imagination? Am I just reminiscing to a better time in life or was DG Pour Homme just ridiculously powerful at the time? Does anyone have a 1995-1999 bottle to compare to a 2004 bottle?

Were the ingredients changed when they were required to list the ingredients on the bottles? Im assuming this was due to regulation, so its possible some things were removed, or some ingredients banned. What changed over the course of the original Made in Italy version (if anything at all)? I'm talking a change about during the 3 ingredient box, to 5 ingredient box, to many ingredients listed on box phase of the Made in Italy era?

Im sure some experts would chime in here. I got the Made in France version as I read the fragrantica reviews saying it was good and close to original. I returned it 2 days later to Sephora. It was nothing like my 2 bottles of 04 and 05 which I still have, Sounds like Im talking about a fine wine here hahah, but hey, we pretty much are

Quote Originally Posted by khaltire View Post
    Thanks for this post summarizing Andrè. Ive come to the same conclusion myself. However, one thing I havent figured out, after reading this entire thread and doing research, is were the original early bottles that were only written in italian actually stronger, as in longevity, sillage etc? Was the scent better than when the box started changing in 2000 and 2004? I only have a memory of me being in my early 20s wearing the 1995 version and I do remember it being a beast. My GF said she could smell me all day. Ive bought various vintage bottles trying to get a long lasting scent on me, and it only seems to last a few hours (most citruses do, especially on my skin). Im trying to figure out, was there actually a difference in these early (first) bottles, or is it my imagination? Am I just reminiscing to a better time in life or was DG Pour Homme just ridiculously powerful at the time? Does anyone have a 1995-1999 bottle to compare to a 2004 bottle?

Were the ingredients changed when they were required to list the ingredients on the bottles? Im assuming this was due to regulation, so its possible some things were removed, or some ingredients banned. What changed over the course of the original Made in Italy version (if anything at all)? I'm talking a change about during the 3 ingredient box, to 5 ingredient box, to many ingredients listed on box phase of the Made in Italy era?

Im sure some experts would chime in here. I got the Made in France version as I read the fragrantica reviews saying it was good and close to original. I returned it 2 days later to Sephora. It was nothing like my 2 bottles of 04 and 05 which I still have, Sounds like Im talking about a fine wine here hahah, but hey, we pretty much are
    Back to the thread of my No. 1 scent
    I own 7 bottles of the Italy (sticker version) 5x 75ml (1 empty already) and 2x125ml (of which one is already empty and another is a tester) and if not mistaken all are from the 2000-2008 period before ''Made in Germany'' appeared in 2009. To me (tested all bottles as I won't sell any anyway) all smell/perform the same to me so between 2000-2003 and 2004-2008 there is imo no difference regarding smell and performance.
    Maybe 90's bottles were a little stronger but I do not think the difference was that significant compared to the difference between Italy 2000-2008 and 2009/10 made in Germany bottles (not to speak about the UK version as of 2010/11).
    My Top '11' :

One of my classic favorite scents.

Was thinking about grabbing a vintage bottle on eBay. Batch is 7208, made in Italy with the sticker on the bottle, sealed. Checkfresh tells me its a 2017 bottle, but codes recirculate every 10 years. It is safe to assume this is a 2007 bottle of authentic Pour Homme before reformulation??

Quote Originally Posted by 0hi0direct View Post
    One of my classic favorite scents.

Was thinking about grabbing a vintage bottle on eBay. Batch is 7208, made in Italy with the sticker on the bottle, sealed. Checkfresh tells me its a 2017 bottle, but codes recirculate every 10 years. It is safe to assume this is a 2007 bottle of authentic Pour Homme before reformulation??
    Yes.... (or even 1997)
    My Top '11' :

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Yes.... (or even 1997)
    Thank you,I appreciate it. Is there anyway to tell? Are there any other sites better than checkfresh as far as giving you details?

(I just remembered something earlier in the thread.....I'd have to identify the date via the bottom of the bottle)

Quote Originally Posted by 0hi0direct View Post
    Thank you,I appreciate it. Is there anyway to tell? Are there any other sites better than checkfresh as far as giving you details?

(I just remembered something earlier in the thread.....I'd have to identify the date via the bottom of the bottle)
    Yes date is on the bottom sticker indeed.....I guess it is a 125ml bottle as almost all 75ml do have a 6 digit code instead of 4 (picture?)?
    My Top '11' :

Does anyone know how to more accurately date the 1999-2004 bottles? Mine doesn't have a sticker on the bottom of the bottle. It's part of a gift set (40ml EDT + after shave balm + bath shower shampoo gel).

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Does anyone know how to more accurately date the 1999-2004 bottles? Mine doesn't have a sticker on the bottom of the bottle. It's part of a gift set (40ml EDT + after shave balm + bath shower shampoo gel).
    Doesn't matter that much (imo) as 2000-2008 are all same juice....
    My Top '11' :

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Doesn't matter that much (imo) as 2000-2008 are all same juice....
    Thanks for replying. I was asking because the best vintage bottle I've had so far was from a boxed 2001 gift set. It was truly amazing. So deep with amazing longevity. Got so many compliments wearing it. When that finished, I bought an unboxed bottle from 2006. It was very nice, but not nearly as nice as the bottle from the 2001 gift set. Not as deep and longevity wasn't as good. It felt like something was missing from it. There was such a difference between them, that I began to wonder if there was a difference in formula. But I guess the 2001 bottle had just been stored better than the 2006 bottle.

At least, I hope that's what the difference was because I've just bought a boxed 2004 gift set (it did in fact have a sticker on the bottom- 419342, no 'symbols') in immaculate condition. Really looking forward to its arrival.
    Last edited by morrison74; 18th October 2018 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Thanks for replying. I was asking was because the best vintage bottle I've had so far was from a boxed 2001 gift set. It was truly amazing. So deep with amazing longevity. Got so many compliments wearing it. When that finished, I bought an unboxed bottle from 2006. It was very nice, but not nearly as nice as the bottle from the 2001 gift set. Not as deep and longevity wasn't as good. It felt like something was missing from it. There was such a difference between them, that I began to wonder if there was a difference in formula. But I guess the 2001 bottle had just been stored better than the 2006 bottle.

At least, I hope that's what the difference was because I've just bought a boxed 2004 gift set (it did in fact have a sticker on the bottom- 419342, no 'symbols') in immaculate condition. Really looking forward to its arrival.
    Maybe storage?! As I said earlier in this thread I got (4x 75ml vtg Italy/sticker) bottles from between 2000-2008 and all smell/perform the same to me.
    My Top '11' :

Basenotes Plus

My experience is between 2000 and 2004 as so very close. A recent sniff, by sample from another BNer of a 1997 bottle has me recognizing a small difference in performance and very much in drydown.
    There has been some suggestion that a minor reform happened in 1998-1999 which certainly follows with my comparison to a 2004 Vintage. The nineties model was a really a Monster and a difficult wear, I certainly remember my first bottle. P&G purchase in 2006 there was a shift of production and with that a move to compound that had it ( for me) more like a detergent. Some have said that Made in Italy Contemporary is a return to glory.I beg to differ. The enormous amount of fakery, of not only D&G, in this time period muddies the waters.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: Tempo by Diptyque

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post
    I certainly remember my first bottle. P&G purchase in 2006 there was a shift of production and with that a move to compound that had it ( for me) more like a detergent.
    This definitely mirrors my experience with a 2006 bottle, compared to my 2001 bottle. I'll be so happy if my incoming 2004 bottle smells like my 2001 bottle! Given that it has been unopened and stored in its original box in a bedroom drawer (just like my 2001 bottle), I have high hopes for it.

A few photos of my incoming bottle (not my photos).

20181018_081259.jpgIMG-20181017-WA0008.jpg20181018_081149.jpg20181018_081229.jpg

My previous 2001 gift set came with a bar of soap. I wonder how the contents of the gift sets have differed over the years...
    Last edited by morrison74; 30th October 2018 at 09:26 AM.

Awesome information guys. Nice bottle above. I cant see symbols on it, looks like a 2004.

But yes, as people have said, the bottles can be similar but the dry down can differ immensely. I have had a 2003 tester, 3 x 2005 (one 125ml and 2 75mls), a 2002 tester (with no symbols), and a 2004 75mls. They are all pretty similar, But it seems I keep buying them in hopes of finding that hidden gem, one that reminded me of my early 20s with MASSIVE projection. Still on the hunt. This sickness is getting out of hand LOL

Awesome information guys. Nice bottle above. I cant see symbols on it, looks like a 2004.

But yes, as people have said, the bottles can be similar but the dry down can differ immensely. I have had a 2003 tester, 3 x 2005 (one 125ml and 2 75mls), a 2002 tester (with no symbols), and a 2004 75mls. They are all pretty similar, But it seems I keep buying them in hopes of finding that hidden gem, one that reminded me of my early 20s with MASSIVE projection. Still on the hunt. This sickness is getting out of hand LOL
    I can relate to this. I'm chasing that 2001 gift set smell and performance. It easily lasted a full 12 hours on me, and projected really well for most of that time. After applying it at 8:30am, I'd still be getting compliments on it at 6:30pm! Amazing stuff.

The bottle above is mine, but I'm going to have to wait a little while before I can get to it. It's at my sister's house (at the other end of the country). I got it sent to her since I was going to be away from home when it was getting delivered. I may even have to wait till Xmas time.
    MY UK SPLITS (2019): HERE

I noticed today I much prefer the scent of my 2004 bottle to a 2002 bottle without the symbols. I dont know to explain it. The 2002 smells sharper, but also has an element of cheapness to it I find in colognes that are in the market currently. The 2004 has a nice clean soapy, more mellow vibe. Every bottle I smell is actually quite different now that I really think about it. I always notice something new or different that I don't remember, some times its good sometimes its not. I really need to smell the base, Italian formula before from back in the day to really know what its truly supposed to be like. Then, I can see which ones are slightly off or have aged in the right way. Gah

Don't forget that your brain and scent perceptive changes a lot through the years even more when using lots of different perfumes so a scent can still be the same but in your mind it is not. Maybe your hidden gem smelled/performed the same as 00's bottles......and the search would be in vain, lol. Maybe I am wrong but again I smell hardly any differences in my 4x 00-08 Italy bottles at all.
    My Top '11' :

I'm sorry for the offtopic but you guys seem to know a lot about this parfume só maybe you can clear my doubt about the following:

In stores, I can get 75ml and 125ml bottles. Online, I can get 75ml, 125ml and 200ml bottles.
    Does this have an explanation? Are 200ml bottles fake?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    I'm sorry for the offtopic but you guys seem to know a lot about this parfume só maybe you can clear my doubt about the following:

In stores, I can get 75ml and 125ml bottles. Online, I can get 75ml, 125ml and 200ml bottles.
    Does this have an explanation? Are 200ml bottles fake?

Thanks in advance
    No, no fake.......the ''newest'' version (UK version as of 2010) is now (online) also available in 200ml version.
    The older/vintages ones (Made in Italy or Germany) were not.
    My Top '11' :

Hello to all

Can you help me to date this bottle please?? Or help me if its fake??

9504424A-84A3-4C1A-AD3F-C379ACCAAB81.jpg

4CFAE00C-483D-4CB1-8C30-611BD1981867.jpeg

4 digit batch code, 40ml, P&G but made in italy...

Thanks and best regards to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Shut View Post
    Hello to all

Can you help me to date this bottle please?? Or help me if its fake??

9504424A-84A3-4C1A-AD3F-C379ACCAAB81.jpg

4CFAE00C-483D-4CB1-8C30-611BD1981867.jpeg

4 digit batch code, 40ml, P&G but made in italy...

Thanks and best regards to the forum
    I believe it's a 2006-bottle. Very nice
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Fake 40ml bottles do not exist.
    I concur to a 2006 bottle; congratz; it is wonderful stuff!
    My Top '11' :

Thank you Marand75 and Slayerized very appreciated for me

Quote Originally Posted by Shut View Post
    Thank you Marand75 and Slayerized very appreciated for me
    You got it
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast