Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme - reformulated?

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    Yes, should be the vintage stuff. Nice buy .
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Yes, don't worry, bottle has a sticker and is vintage for sure!
    Thanks I cannot wait to wear it.

My girlfriend gave me a bottle of the reformulated version, that she bought from Sephora, early this year and I didn't like it at all and ended up exchanging it.

Did you already receive the it? How iz ya enjoying da vintage?

Basenotes Plus

Sorry, morrison -

I would've replied sooner...but just got this. This stock photo of a tester is not common to fool people - so the seller was not honest at all.

I hope you got a refund through Ebay.

Bottom line is that the Italian juice is fantastic, the German juice is good (together, they layer well) and the new stuff is not worth even pursuing.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    RE: post #92- Dam! It turns out the seller was using a stock photo and was actually selling the German made reformulation, so I didn't buy it. My search for a vintage bottle continues.

Attachment 17166
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I was at Macy's on Saturday to see if there were any good sales, and saw the new formula. New bottle top, and slightly different font on the bottle.

The scent is terrible. It's so removed from what the original, or even 2009 formula smelled like. The should just call it something else completely.
    Last edited by aphexacid; 2nd December 2012 at 07:44 PM.

I received my Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme today. I guess I was very lucky to find a brand new sealed vintage bottle on eBay. I took some photos of it...

Its cap looks black in the photo, but its actually dark blue. The box and the bottle both states "Made in Italy" and have a matching serial number 408325, which according to checkcosmetic.net was manufactured March 24, 2004. The only odd thing about it is the silver label on the bottle is already peeling off a little bit.

I haven't tried it yet, but sniffing inside its cap I can detect a really nice citrusy, sweet tobacco. I will give it a full wearing to the office tomorrow in the New York City winter/snowy weather. I can't wait.
    Last edited by NewHaarlem; 27th November 2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Serial number typo

Registered just because of this thread. I'm new to fragrance shopping and purchased the 4.2oz for about $44 with shipping so I was really skeptical.

I can't comment on the reformulated part as I'm a novice, but after reading the posts I've come to the conclusion that I have the original scent.

Silver D&G sticker, made in Italy.
    Short UPC code, but showed it was manufactured April 24, 2007.
    Navy blue cap, with navy blue collar, with navy blue spray hole.

I can say for sure that the cologne isn't too "lemony-clean" scent. I don't know what the tobacco is supposed to smell like in the cologne but it has a nice sweet/earthy scent to it.

My silver label was also scratched up a bit and faded. It is a tester and did not come with any box at all. I did however buy from a reputed seller.

Basenotes Plus

Hey NewHaarlem -

Congrats! You got yourself a NIB Vintage bottle. I double-checked the serial code - the bottle states 408325, which is indeed March 24, 2004! The old silver labels don't last forever. I have a bottle that has wonderful juice, but the label looks like it lost a fight in a dark alley. Don't worry about it. If you really feel the need, put a small drop of clear-drying super glue behind it (when it has peeled off enough). This will be yours in the years to come...so, personal preference, my friend.

It is the real deal. Don't expect the citrus to be loud in this. I actually get a very nice warm squeeze of tangerine with a nice touch of bergamot and light lemon. But, again, not loud in the Original formulation. It segues into the clary sage, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom and smooth lavender in the heart. You will pick up the tobacco leaf note as early as at the end of the top notes and definitely in the heart. The base is warm tonka bean, sandalwood, cedar, amber, musk and the noted, rich tobacco leaf. Other notes that you will find hints of include a light, slightly powdery vibe in the heart created by jasmine and it continues as iris is actually a base note here. Coriander, tarragon, neroli and an earthy geranium fill out the notes that I typically pull-out in the Original formulation - those are found in the top & heart notes, but again, the base breathes through the entire composition...so you will find various accords and undertones here.

Unmistakeable scent. One wearing and I believe you will be smitten.

Cheers!

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I received my Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme today. I guess I was very lucky to find a brand new sealed vintage bottle on eBay. I took some photos of it...

Its cap looks black in the photo, but its actually dark blue. The box and the bottle both states "Made in Italy" and have a matching serial number 408435, which according to checkcosmetic.net was manufactured March 24, 2004. The only odd thing about it is the silver label on the bottle is already peeling off a little bit.

I haven't tried it yet, but sniffing inside its cap I can detect a really nice citrusy, sweet tobacco. I will give it a full wearing to the office tomorrow in the New York City winter/snowy weather. I can't wait.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Well written by ericrico as always! Nothing to add but the fact that two silver labels of my three vintage bottles also did not last and I, indeed, glued them to the glass again!

Congratz with your purchase and it surprised me you didn't even give it a spritz on your arm!?
    You must be a patient guy New Haarlem, lol!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

The vintage bottle that I just received is my SOTD. Three words that I'd describe this fragrance: smooth, classy, and sexy. It has a citrus and sage opening. And then, the spice, floral, and tobacco notes beautifully and very smoothly blend in. In the dry down, it becomes a little bit sweet and woodsy; its citrus notes remain in the background making the fragrance fresh throughout. It projects very well the first 6 hours, without being offensive, then moderate to low projection after that. It's been 9 hours now since I did one spray on each side of my neck and I still get consistent whiffs of it.

The reformulated version that my gf gave me early this year was very sweet, cloying, and has sharp, badly blended citrus and tobacco notes. It is really a shame to what they did to this fragrance.

Again, the vintage/original formulation is a very well blended and elegant fragrance. And for me, it could be up there on top along with my favorite Chanel Egoiste.

Congratz with your purchase and it surprised me you didn't even give it a spritz on your arm!?
    You must be a patient guy New Haarlem, lol!
    Thanks! And yes, I am a patient man.

Basenotes Plus

Interesting about the sticker comments. I was in Mexico this past weekend and noticed a D&G bottle at a frag stand in a shopping center. I looked at the bottom of the bottle and it stated "Made in Italy," but the label on the front looked 'cheap' so I assumed it was a pirated bottle and decided not to buy it nor to check out other frags.

From what I remember of the one I owned years ago, the label was a sturdy metallic one. It didn't look like that thing could be beaten off the bottle easily.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Interesting about the sticker comments. I was in Mexico this past weekend and noticed a D&G bottle at a frag stand in a shopping center. I looked at the bottom of the bottle and it stated "Made in Italy," but the label on the front looked 'cheap' so I assumed it was a pirated bottle and decided not to buy it nor to check out other frags.

From what I remember of the one I owned years ago, the label was a sturdy metallic one. It didn't look like that thing could be beaten off the bottle easily.
    It can be.........but one has to wear the gorgeous juice and not the sticker fortunately...........
    Anyway, some glue and all is ok!

Basenotes Plus

Hey NewHaarlem -

Fantastic! Your inspired me - my SOTD is also Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme! Vintage layered with a few sprays of the German reformulation. The three words you chose are all apropos!

Glad you found the Original Italian juice, my friend...cheers,

ericrico

The vintage bottle that I just received is my SOTD. Three words that I'd describe this fragrance: smooth, classy, and sexy. It has a citrus and sage opening. And then, the spice, floral, and tobacco notes beautifully and very smoothly blend in. In the dry down, it becomes a little bit sweet and woodsy; its citrus notes remain in the background making the fragrance fresh throughout. It projects very well the first 6 hours, without being offensive, then moderate to low projection after that. It's been 9 hours now since I did one spray on each side of my neck and I still get consistent whiffs of it.

The reformulated version that my gf gave me early this year was very sweet, cloying, and has sharp, badly blended citrus and tobacco notes. It is really a shame to what they did to this fragrance.

Again, the vintage/original formulation is a very well blended and elegant fragrance. And for me, it could be up there on top along with my favorite Chanel Egoiste.

Thanks! And yes, I am a patient man.

I'm coming to this thread somewhat late but I have an intriguing situation that someone might be able to help me with.

I was a real fan of D&G Pour Homme in 1995/96. It was relatively new then and I wore it a lot. Around 1999/2000 I stopped wearing it (due to unhappy connotations). I have never worn it since and still have my original bottle.

I found a batch of fragrances in my house in Edinburgh today, that had not been used in years. Among them was my bottle (in its box) of D&G Pour Homme that I bought in 95 or 96.

It smelled great so I checked it out on here and found this thread. Here is where it gets interesting...

The bottle is made in Germany, with blue embossed writing. Checkcosmetic.com tells me that it was made in 2007. The batch number is 728302 and is on the bottle and the box. I know for a fact that this bottle CANNOT be from 2007. The box is beaten up, more than half of the bottle has been used, and I haven't worn the fragrance in more than 10 years.

How can this be? I'm certain of my facts around when I bought and used it.

When did the German bottle with blue writing appear? Could checkcosmetic be wrong?

Any thoughts or insights would be very welcome...
    Last edited by Figuier; 30th November 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Figuier View Post
    I'm coming to this thread somewhat late but I have an intriguing situation that someone might be able to help me with.

I was a real fan of D&G Pour Homme in 1995/96. It was relatively new then and I wore it a lot. Around 1999/2000 I stopped wearing it (due to unhappy connotations). I have never worn it since and still have my original bottle.

I found a batch of fragrances in my house in Edinburgh today, that had not been used in years. Among them was my bottle (in its box) of D&G Pour Homme that I bought in 95 or 96.

It smelled great so I checked it out on here and found this thread. Here is where it gets interesting...

The bottle is made in Germany, with blue embossed writing. Checkcosmetic.com tells me that it was made in 2007. The batch number is 728302 and is on the bottle and the box. I know for a fact that this bottle CANNOT be from 2007. The box is beaten up, more than half of the bottle has been used, and I haven't worn the fragrance in more than 10 years.

How can this be? I'm certain of my facts around when I bought and used it.

When did the German bottle with blue writing appear? Could checkcosmetic be wrong?

Any thoughts or insights would be very welcome...
    I have three vintage bottles, all 75 ml, and they are from 2003, 2005 and 2008 and all with the silver sticker on bottle.
    All three are 'Made in Italy' and smell exactly the same. I also have one new bottle, 2009, made in Germany, embossed and differently smelling as described here and in other threads about this issue.

If it's true what u say your bottle is from '97 maybe. I really don't know how the bottles of this juice were like in the mid and later nineties nor where they were made.

Can you show pics please? That would help maybe! Thanks! (if u will, plz also show pics of the bottom and its sticker!)

I came across another brand new sealed vintage 4.2 oz bottle on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110983814959

I asked the seller where it's made in, and he says Italy. For $50 it's definitely a steal. So, I'd suggest anyone who doesn't own this fragrance yet to buy it.

I came across another brand new sealed vintage 4.2 oz bottle on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110983814959

I asked the seller where it's made in, and he says Italy. For $50 it's definitely a steal. So, I'd suggest anyone who doesn't own this fragrance yet to buy it.
    Sounds good and looks good, but have you purchased from the seller yourself? I'd advise to use eBay as an absolute LAST resort. Surprisingly, I stumbled upon bigdiscountfragrances.com (sketchy website name huh?) who has been doing business for over 30 years. They sell TESTER 4.2 OZ SILVER LABEL D&G cologne for $44 + tax and shipping. I received the cologne without the box, it was simply sealed in plastic bubble wrap, but had the silver label although it was scratched up. I'd rather spend the extra $5 and buy from a reputed seller and make sure I don't get the reformulated shit.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Newton View Post
    Sounds good and looks good, but have you purchased from the seller yourself? I'd advise to use eBay as an absolute LAST resort. Surprisingly, I stumbled upon bigdiscountfragrances.com (sketchy website name huh?) who has been doing business for over 30 years. They sell TESTER 4.2 OZ SILVER LABEL D&G cologne for $44 + tax and shipping. I received the cologne without the box, it was simply sealed in plastic bubble wrap, but had the silver label although it was scratched up. I'd rather spend the extra $5 and buy from a reputed seller and make sure I don't get the reformulated shit.
    The seller has a 100% feedback rating, and he also replied to my e-mail stating that I'm getting exactly what's in the description photo.

You dont have to tell me twice.

I owe you one

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

I owe you one
    I just want to know if anybody had bought from that seller before. If you do happen to buy, lemme know what you get in the mail. If it is $50 shipped, then it is a steal. Otherwise, I'll keep going where I have been for the authentic.

I have a bottle of vintage juice I bought when it came out. Fortunately for me now, I decided shortly thereafter that it was a little too deep and mature for my taste at the time. I am therefore in possession of a 90% full bottle of vintage juice which I now love as well as a mostly full bottle of the body wash as well. I've tested the current version and don't like it at all. It really doesn't resemble the vintage at all.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I owe you one
    Please give us an update when you receive it.

Question to everyone who owns vintage D&G PH:

Is it just my vintage bottle's spritzer or it's normal that it sprays a little?

Please give us an update when you receive it.

Question to everyone who owns vintage D&G PH:

Is it just my vintage bottle's spritzer or it's normal that it sprays a little?
    Yes, you are right.............all my vintage bottles spray not that much, just a thin mist which you cannot spray from one feet distance but close to the skin (literally). I always spray twice with the stuff on same spot.
    The newer version sprays better but you also need more from that stuff to get decent sillage and protection.

Yes, you are right.............all my vintage bottles spray not that much, just a thin mist which you cannot spray from one feet distance but close to the skin (literally). I always spray twice with the stuff on same spot.
    The newer version sprays better but you also need more from that stuff to get decent sillage and protection.
    Thanks for the info. I only close spray one on each side of the neck, but it projects very well and lasts 8+ hours on my skin. My 125 ml bottle should last me years then.

Thanks for the info. I only close spray one on each side of the neck, but it projects very well and lasts 8+ hours on my skin. My 125 ml bottle should last me years then.
    Of those (vintage) spritzes I use like 4 neck (2x2) and two chest sprays as it is indeed strong but only first hour; after that it's smooth and not that strong anymore. 8 hrs I don't get but is probably a skin issue.

Hi everyone, new member here. I've been serious about fragrances for a few years now and have referred to basenotes for a while and finally decoded to join. Below is the info from another post I made questioning my new purchase of what I hope is the new DG reformulation.

From left to right: I have an original bottle from 2007 (the good stuff), a crappy 2008+ reformulation, and what is supposed to be the 2012 UK reformulation with the tobacco notes in it.

My question is, is the new bottle (in the box) I purchased the good kind or is it still the crappy kind? I don't want to break the seal because if it's no good I'm taking it back. Macy's said this was the newest formula.

I smelled the nasty kind on paper against this new kind on paper and could smell an improvement, but I'm unsure if this is going to smell like the pre-2008 edition.

Can anyone confirm this one is the good/new formula?

EDIT: Added more photos of new box.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Easy answer...........
    The third, (newest 2012) version is even worse than the 2009+ (not! 2008 as in 2008 there were still vintage sticker versions, Made in Italy; I actually own one), Made in Germany version!
    Advise: don't open and try to get a refund before getting really disappointed! Try to get another sticker version is my advise.
    There are still enough out there!

Easy answer...........
    The third, (newest 2012) version is even worse than the 2009+ (not! 2008 as in 2008 there were still vintage sticker versions, Made in Italy; I actually own one), Made in Germany version!
    Advise: don't open and try to get a refund before getting really disappointed! Try to get another sticker version is my advise.
    There are still enough out there!
    So is the one that says "made in Germany" the good one? I thought the newest one said "made in UK" on the back of the box and had the tonka beans and tobacco notes?

I don't want to get screwed on this fragrance again. You can see in my photo how I used 99.9% of the sticker bottle and stopped using the 2009 edition (my old roommate actually used most of what's missing from that bottle).

Quote Originally Posted by david black View Post
    So is the one that says "made in Germany" the good one? I thought the newest one said "made in UK" on the back of the box and had the tonka beans and tobacco notes?

I don't want to get screwed on this fragrance again. You can see in my photo how I used 99.9% of the sticker bottle and stopped using the 2009 edition (my old roommate actually used most of what's missing from that bottle).

No, the pre-2009 (sticker version, Made in Italy) is the best one, but you obviously did not read this thread at all otherwise you would never ask this.

No, the pre-2009 (sticker version, Made in Italy) is the best one, but you obviously did not read this thread at all otherwise you would never ask this.
    Well seeing as there are 140+ other posts in this thread it would take quite a while to read them all. Also, there are multiple conflicting sources of information on the internet and in retail stores, too.

Quote Originally Posted by david black View Post
    And you didn't even answer my question, so it would be safe to assume that you obviously don't read every post either.

EDIT: Not trying to pick a fight, just looking for some factual information that answers my questions.
    1. Voyage d' Hermes EDP
    2. Dolce & Gabbana EDT pre 2008

I received it a couple days ago. Its 100% authentic, as advertised. But its not like he has an unlimited supply. It was an unwanted gift.

i still can't believe it lol. Thank you again NewHaarlem!!

- - - Updated - - -

@ David Black

its Very simple. The Made in Italy version which is the original is the Best.

The reformulated Made in Germany one that came out in 2009-2011, i guess would be the second best.

The worst is the Made in UK version. It was reformulated again starting in 2012. I don't care what it says is in the formula, it smells terrible and nothing even remotely like the original.

At this point, if you don't like the way the Made in Germany version smells, then you need to find the original one.

I received it a couple days ago. Its 100% authentic, as advertised. But its not like he has an unlimited supply. It was an unwanted gift.

- - - Updated - - -

@ David Black

The reformulated Made in Germany one that came out in 2009-2011, i guess would be the second best.

The worst is the Made in UK version. It was reformulated again starting in 2012. I don't care what it says is in the formula, it smells terrible and nothing even remotely like the original.

At this point, if you don't like the way the Made in Germany version smells, then you need to find the original one.
    Thanks! I've returned the made in UK bottle and will just have to go without. Maybe in a few years DG will quit being cheap (which is funny because a t-shirt is like $100 USD from them) and return to the original formula. The original one used to be my absolute favorite fragrances, ever.
    1. Voyage d' Hermes EDP
    2. Dolce & Gabbana EDT pre 2008

Just received a 'vintage' / Italian-made bottle with serial code 324561, which apparently means it was manufactured in September 2003. Having been disappointed with the recent German / UK made versions, I'm looking forward to enjoying this bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Sorry, morrison -

I would've replied sooner...but just got this. This stock photo of a tester is not common to fool people - so the seller was not honest at all.

I hope you got a refund through Ebay.

Bottom line is that the Italian juice is fantastic, the German juice is good (together, they layer well) and the new stuff is not worth even pursuing.

Cheers,

ericrico
    Thanks Erico. As soon as I found out they were using a stock photo, I didn't go through with the purchase. Instead, I hunted around and found a vintage (2001) gift set (nib) on Ebay which included a 75ml EDT, a shower gel and 3 soap bars, all of which smell DIVINE! See post #110. I have been complimented on it each of the 4 or 5 times I have worn it so far.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

- - - Updated - - -

@ David Black

Nice summary of hundreds of posts

Basenotes Plus

Excellent!

I was hoping that someone would get this bottle and it would turn out to be the real deal. NewHaarlem, my friend...may good karma come back to you. That was kind and very unselfish.

This is the kind of community Basenotes is, represented by wonderful acts of kindness. I have received many from people here - and am truly grateful for all of them.

Great stuff, gentleman.

Enjoy the bottle - cheers,

ericrico

- - - Updated - - -

@ David Black

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent!

I was hoping that someone would get this bottle and it would turn out to be the real deal. NewHaarlem, my friend...may good karma come back to you. That was kind and very unselfish.

This is the kind of community Basenotes is, represented by wonderful acts of kindness. I have received many from people here - and am truly grateful for all of them.

Great stuff, gentleman.

Enjoy the bottle - cheers,

ericrico

- - - Updated - - -

@ David Black

Found another vintage bottle on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181039112649

The seller doesn't have any feedback rating. But, based on her other items for sale I'm assuming she's selling estate finds (stuff that realtors find in non-owner houses/mansions that are up for sale).

I purchased this off of ebay today for $37. 2/3 full but seller said it was older,,maybe even 1999.. and original version. (Though this is the After Shave and not Eau de Toillette like many above) Hope it was stored right. Looks legit to me. I just wanted to smell it again. There was one seller on there that had 3 NIB Edt ones and it said "Made in Italy" in the ad but when I wrote and asked about it I never heard anything back so I didn't trust it as much. I'm hoping the older aftershave will give me some of the same feel. Bad buy? Is the afterhsave that much different?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by ToughCool; 13th December 2012 at 02:36 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Found another vintage bottle from a reputable eBay seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230897905336

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Excellent!
    Ericrico, this is mostly directed towards you, since you had a similar experience with vintage D&G...but anyone that can help, please chime in!

The bottle I got with Newhaarlems help is amazing. It smells and lasts exactly as it would if I were to have just bought it at retail.

However, i also purchased a 4.2oz gift set shortly after that. The juice smells like it should, which is great. But the longevity is extremely short. I try to spray it once or twice every couple days, and I can't really tell if it's improving or not.

Is there any hope for this bottle? It doesn't even last very long if I spray it on my clothes!

What can I do?

Saw this at a department store yesterday and had to buy it on the spot.

The code on the bottom indicates that it is a September 2006 bottle. It's a Made in Italy vintage and it smells fantastic. I still have about 80% remaining in my 4.2 oz vintage bottle I bought in 2008, so I am pretty much stocked for life! This "newer" bottle smells so fresh and rich. I was combing eBay for a bottle but I have more peace of mind buying from a department store, especially since I got a fake from eBay this year.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Nice, still did you realize the box is from the Germany version?

Yes I do. Actually, it's from the UK version, which may be the same as the German one. The vintage box that it originally came in had a damaged UPC code so they used one of the newer boxes to ring me up and I kept it.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Ah ok. Cool.

Wow, so glad I stowed a few bottles away when it was going cheap about 5 years ago.

I managed to find a 45% full bottle on eBay which ended up costing me £14.50 (~$23) delivered in the UK. However, whenever I check out the date of manufacture it comes back as "Date of manufacture: 22 of September, 2010" according to checkcosmetic.net. How can this be so taking into account the reformulation? :s Does this mean the reformulation took place after 2008 or does it mean that not all "Made in Italy" bottles are old formulation? I've attached pictures btw. Any help or info appreciated.

Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Checkcosmetics is wrong here as this bottle is (99% sure) from 2000 and certainly not from 2010.

I had it with lots of bottles on which Checkcosmetics even said it was produced in 2012 or 2013 while it was 2010 or 2011.
    Davidoff (at least my bottles of Zino and Relax) are not recognized at all on (batch)-code and Cool Water bottles from the 90's are said to be from the 00's! In this case as well: it has to go back more than 10 years in time which results in wrong dates on Checkcosmetics.

Anyway, there are no sticker bottles produced anymore of Dolce&Gabbana pour homme as of 2009!

Checkcosmetics is wrong here as this bottle is (99% sure) from 2000 and certainly not from 2010.

I had it with lots of bottles on which Checkcosmetics even said it was produced in 2012 or 2013 while it was 2010 or 2011.
    Davidoff (at least my bottles of Zino and Relax) are not recognized at all on (batch)-code and Cool Water bottles from the 90's are said to be from the 00's! In this case as well: it has to go back more than 10 years in time which results in wrong dates on Checkcosmetics.

Anyway, there are no sticker bottles produced anymore of Dolce&Gabbana pour homme as of 2009!
    So i'm the proud owner of the original formulation then? By that I mean, the version without the small reformulation of 2005 or whenever it was?
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    So i'm the proud owner of the original formulation then? By that I mean, the version without the small reformulation of 2005 or whenever it was?
    There was no reformulation in 2005........
    Yes you are but can't you just recognize by the smell that it's nothing like current version? The difference between the German and Italy version is quite big to say the least.

I've come across vintage (both silver label on bottle and box) D&G PH's with batch codes, according to checkcosmetic.net, that are from 2011/2012. So, I believe that site is not 100% accurate.

As Slayerized mentioned above, you should be able to know by how they smell. Vintage is smooth throughout, while the reformulation has sharp notes and cloying.

If you can smell tobacco prominently then it's a good indicator that it's the original. If it smells like a citrus bomb with no tobacco, then it's the new stuff. The easiest way of course is to see if it has a sticker or not. The reformulation took place in late 2008/early 2009. My 4.2 oz sticker bottle is from 2008.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

CologneFan85

The older juice was simply a amazing fragrance...Such a damn shame!

First I find out there is no Santa Claus, now this!...Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    The older juice was simply a amazing fragrance...Such a damn shame!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    First I find out there is no Santa Claus, now this!...Damn.
    Good thing you can still find vintage bottles from local perfume stores and on eBay. Just make sure the box has a silver rectangular label and made in Italy.

Hello people since there is so many 'professional' people on here , i was wondering if you know if there is some box of the OLD d&g pour homme (with the sticker) without that Velvet feeling on it? i have seen one in a store near where i live , and it smelled like a real one but the box/package without velvet had me wondering if it's a real vintage one or a fake..thx in advance

Not necessarily. I have a vintage just like his with the same box and it says MADE IN ITALY on the reverse. Mine checks out in 2007.

Just my opinion, D&G PH is a good scent, however I am not "Cocoa Puffs" over it as IMO it is a "bridge" scent bewteen Davidoff Cool Water and all the garbage of today, i.e., it maintains some integrity of the past, yet embraces that which is to come after: garbage. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Boge View Post
    Not necessarily. I have a vintage just like his with the same box and it says MADE IN ITALY on the reverse. Mine checks out in 2007.

Just my opinion, D&G PH is a good scent, however I am not "Cocoa Puffs" over it as IMO it is a "bridge" scent bewteen Davidoff Cool Water and all the garbage of today, i.e., it maintains some integrity of the past, yet embraces that which is to come after: garbage. Just my 2 cents.
    Can you post pics of your non-velvet/non-rectangular sticker box that is made in Italy?
    Last edited by morrison74; 7th February 2013 at 12:22 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Can you post pics of your non-velvet/non-rectangualr sticker box that is made in Italy?
    Who said it was non-velvet? Mine is exactly like mesaboogie's photo (2.5 oz.).

Quote Originally Posted by Boge View Post
    Who said it was non-velvet? Mine is exactly like mesaboogie's photo (2.5 oz.).
    Ah, I see. I misunderstood your comment. My apologies.

Wanted

Hi all,
    I'd like to know if this is the original version (the valuable one) :

I have the Made in Germany version and love it. It's way better than the newest formulation.... however I haven't smelled the original.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt