Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Does L'Anarchiste has something to do with M7 ?

I want to buy my first caron, and it will be blind. I really donīt like smiley scents, so i just imagine third man should not fit because i've read itīs very sweet, floral, and the liquid is green ( LOL). Maybe L'Anarchiste is more woodsy and modern. Then m7 came to my mind as a comparison point. I am expecting a spicy-woody, long lasting, modern, and NOT overly sweet vanilla (NO a*man, Pi, gourmand like scent).
    What are you thoughts guys?

Default Re: Does L'Anarchiste has something to do with M7 ?

I am wearing it right now and is has nothing to do with M7. It is minty, a little bit similar to Spirit of the tiger. Nothing that i go crazy about.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

It's nothing like M7 but it's even less like those sweet crowd pleasers.
    L'Anarchiste is difficult to break down, IMO, I cant compare it to anything else out there.
    Orange blossoms are there in opening and there is a certain apple note during the development but both done in a way I havent encountered elsewhere. Very good, very unique, I wouldnt want to part with my bottle.

From your description of what your are looking for it might be perfect for you but, although I have and love it, I do suggest trying first.

The other Caron that cuold please you would probably be Yatagan.
    Smellin good

No connection. L'Anarchiste is neither woody nor gourmand, but more cool, leafy, orange-tinged, and musky. I own it but rarely wear it except when it's hot, but none the less, it's very good and unique.

I'd go with L'Anarchiste.

anarchiste is great, and not similar to m7.
    it's great in all weathers.

No similarities IMO. I definitely prefer L'Anarchiste. For oud based fragrances you can have much better options than M7 out there.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I agree with others and think highly of both of them, but don't think they have anything in common. I do have to disagree with the mint comments that have been made, though. I get no mint from L'Anarchiste, but maybe that's just me. I definitely get the orange and musk that have been mentioned, though. I bought both it and Yatagan blind and have gone on to buy back up bottles of both of them. They are both very masculine and unique fragrances. I'm not a huge fan of Third Man, but it's an OK powdery lavender. I detest Caron PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I bought both it and Yatagan blind and have gone on to buy back up bottles of both of them. They are both very masculine and unique fragrances. I'm not a huge fan of Third Man, but it's an OK powdery lavender. I detest Caron PH.
    Is Yatagan bold? I mean, like when you wear a scent and you just wait someone to say is a old smell.

Both are great and both quite unique (well, m7 at least in the "designer"market). L'Anarchiste is quite hard to describe: it's kinda fresh and metallic, musky with a serious apple cider note. It's weird in a cool way, people make good comments on it the few times i've worn it.

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    Is Yatagan bold? I mean, like when you wear a scent and you just wait someone to say is a old smell.
    I'm not sure what you're asking here. Yatagan is a great woodsy pine with a combination of notes that gives off a celery seed-like fragrance. One could perhaps call it "bold" but I've always found it very wearable. It smells neither current nor old to me.

M7 is a cherry-woody oud fragrance, goundbreaking when it was launched.

L'Anarchiste is a coppery-fruity slightly offbeat fragrance with a musky base.

Two different fragrances, and I prefer M7 by a long shot.
    -

^Exactly what he said, except I prefer L'Anarchiste by a long shot.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    I am wearing it right now and is has nothing to do with M7. It is minty, a little bit similar to Spirit of the tiger. Nothing that i go crazy about.
    On the other hand, I smell very little mint in l'Anarchiste at all. Orange blossom, orange peel, cedar leaf and cedar wood, and an affably aggressive musk in the base are the notes I pick up on the most.

You should really try to smell them. I like Caron's masculine a lot. Others have described well l'anarchiste. In the Carons, I'd say that it is the closest to the modern fresh masculines, and perhaps the least risky in this sense, together with the newer Yuzu Fou, which is fresh citrusy. However, I much prefer the other three, pour un homme (lavender vanilla), Yatagan (green woody) and Troisieme homme.

Troisieme homme is floral-musky, but it is neither sweet nor does it color things green. Smell it if you get a chance, but I agree that neither Yatagan nor troisieme homme are safe blind buys. Their personality is strong and peculiar.

cacio