Code of Conduct

Default Cereus No. 14 opinions?

Tried this once last week on paper. Stood out. May buy this, but my memory is vague of the smell exactly. How is the longevity/drydown/sillage? thanks

Thanks already mgprox for your input via pm.

Default Re: Cereus No. 14 opinions?

It's my favorite Cereus - great longevity and dry down. It has a rich, well blended base that I really enjoy.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Just thought I'd give my thoughts on this after wearing this a few times.

It comes off as powdery on my skin as it dries down. I don't like powder fragrances, at all. But it's not all powder, it's "rich" (sorry can't describe it, just smell it yourself!). The green/sweet/sharp violet (leaf?) in it is nice, which is why I was interested in it in the first place Need to be close to the skin to smell that though. On paper the powder is subdued and the fresher aspects are upfront. I'm trying to get used to the powderyness (which projects) so I can enjoy the other stuff behind it, but it's proving to be hard in this warmer weather. I can see this as a nice cool evening scent or winter fragrance. Decent sillage, but no Le Male. My girlfriend enjoyed it, even though she also dislikes powdery scents (she described it as "kinda powdery but fresh").

There's a short review on lucky scent that says "It smells like a polished African American. Love it!"

I didn't know what they meant by that at first, but I guess in my area, African Americans tend to like babypowder/baby oil smells. After smelling this I can see that reviewer's possible correlation.

If this fragrance sounds like something you'd like, go to the cereus website and request a sample. Comes on a cotton pad square though, no vial.

It's a warm, woody scent, that is also rich, smooth and has textures that are both silky, "warmly wet", and also powdery, and spicy in an "exotic" way. A very tastefully done contemporary woody oriental.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    There's a short review on lucky scent that says "It smells like a polished African American. Love it!"
    And to think, the use of "skanky" as a descriptor has been a source of consternation on here.
    Last edited by Emlynevermore; 13th April 2011 at 02:54 AM.

So glad you're enjoying it! I really do think it's the best Cereus out. I have a few from the line, and while they're all sorta targeted to certain consumer, I think this is the most note worthy. It might not be a crazy departure for some, but it can be the perfect thing to wear more often than not. I'm always so pleased when I choose this one to wear for the day.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Just sniffing it at the moment (courtesy of a sample from Koala!). The opening seems to be mostly about the cognac with the fragrance settling in to a round (thanks to amber and musk) woody fragrance. I guess the herbs and violet keep things from getting too monotone/boring. I quite like it but maybe not quite bottle worthy. I don't get any powdery or skanky/dirty notes though.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    So glad you're enjoying it! I really do think it's the best Cereus out. I have a few from the line, and while they're all sorta targeted to certain consumer, I think this is the most note worthy. It might not be a crazy departure for some, but it can be the perfect thing to wear more often than not. I'm always so pleased when I choose this one to wear for the day.
    I am! But I know I cannot wear this without the powdery aspect getting to me. I tried even with something like Bulgari PH and its slight powder wasn't clicking with me. 14 is a great fragrance though. I can definitely see some folks loving this. I put my bottle up for sale at the market place. I got it at a great deal (thanks again!), so I'll keep it at a great deal. Hopefully somebody can show Cereus 14 some TLC more than I can give it

I sampled all 5 today. I thought no. 14 was definitely their best(it should be getting more love on here) followed by no. 7.