Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Bond No. 9 I Love New York

New York fragrance company Bond no.9 takes inspiration from its surroundings - NY's 'energy, dynamism, immense variety, 24/7 can-do spirit' - to create a second luxury perfume collection to be launched in September of this year.

Bond no. 9 has partnered up with the iconic I LOVE NEW YORK brand in connection with a new series of fragrances that expand the collection beyond the city to encompass the scents of the Empire State. This partnership celebrates the diversity of New York in a distinct way.

The campaign has of course given the brand the permission to combine the I LOVE NEW YORK logo with Bond No. 9's own logo.

I HEART NYC
    Designed in 1977 for the State of New York by Milton Glaser to raise morale during an ebb in the Citys municipal life, this nostalgia-laden logo, instantly recognised the world over, has become so ubiquitous over the past 30-plus years that it has even turned the noun 'heart' into a verb, as per the phrase 'I heart New York'.

The Bond No. 9 logo, modelled on the 'grille-work NYC Transit Authority subway token' that also emerged in the 70s, likewise 'invokes the careening speed, energy, egalitarianism, and the can-do spirit pervading New York'. The two logos appear together on the I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 bottles.

As with the original Bond No. 9 collection, this one will be designed in a 'contemporary artisanal style, using the finest ingredients available'.

FOR HIM, FOR HER AND FOR ALL
    I LOVE NEW YORK for Her, in a pink bottle, contains notes of a mandarin zest, spicy nutmeg, and blueberry muffin. A bouquet of roses and pink peonies, laced with patchouli can also be identified.

I LOVE NEW YORK for Him, in a blue bottle, has opening notes of grapefruit zest, juniper berry, ginger, and a soothing lavender.

In a black bottle, I LOVE NEW YORK for All is an infusion of coffee beans with creamy chestnut. The scent can be described as 'a citrus-floral-spice blend of bergamot, lily of the valley, and pepper'.

More I LOVE NEW YORK scents are on the way. Candles and other auxiliary products will gradually be added, as well.

Price points for the 50 and 100 ml eau de parfum will be $105 and $175, respectively.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Bond No. 9 I Love New York

I like the prices.

Blog Entries

IINY

Basenotes Institution

I Love New York For All?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I Love New York For All?
    Yeah - I was wondering about that, too. Sounded gourmand enough to most likely be unisex, but kind of unusual to offer his and hers AND unisex. Still, I'll take all the fragrance options I can get!

I think they all sound very boring.
    Not excited whatsoever.

As for I Love NY. Yeah right! If they make one like this I would probably buy it no matter what.

If I could afford to and didn't have most of my family here, I would have moved out of NYS a long time ago. The main reason is the freaking taxes!

Basically the rest of the state is paying for NYC. They should make it a separate state.
    I hope people who live in NYC don't take offense. That is not my intention. I have nothing against the people who live there.

Sorry for going off topic.
    Last edited by ajmc; 26th July 2011 at 05:46 PM.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I can't wait to sample these.....I've also been waiting for news from Bond.....I'll wait and sample and see what I think!!!
    Gary

Interested in the I heart NY for All. Love the sound of that coffee/chestnut mix.

Coffee and Chestnut sound good to me and so does the price!

I'm looking forward to these, and my wife is already 'cooing' about them..........where's my credit card..........sigh!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    I think they all sound very boring.
    Not excited whatsoever.
    My sentiments exactly.

Picked up I Love NY for All tonight during NYC's Fashion Night Out. Love, LOVE, this one. It smells like warm chocolate milk. The moment I'm reminded of Angel Men is the moment it becomes different. It's very milky, very sensual and very gourmand. This one is not all sophisticated, but it never tries to be. It's a relaxed comfort scent. This is gonna be a big hit with the New Haarlem set.
    Last edited by MikeNY; 12th September 2011 at 01:09 AM.

really excited to try this but as with many other bond no.9 scents, it won't be in canada -.-

i love new york for all sounds amazing and the bottle looks sick!

Pass

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cannot understand why Bond No 9 has to used so much their horrible lily of the valley synthetic note. It appears on a lot of their fragrances and it always makes them feel like screechy deodorant aromas that last forever while you wished it didn`t last. When they want they produce fragrances worked from top notes until drydown, but in general the do extended openings that last forever without any interesting base to evolute the idea.
    Hope that those ones are part of the pleasing and more complex ones...

Any idea when these will be available at Saks?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Any idea when these will be available at Saks?
    I heard September 18. Most Saks participated in Fashion Night Out and should have samples/ testers by now.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    Picked up I Love NY for All tonight during NYC's Fashion Night Out. Love, LOVE, this one. It smells like warm chocolate milk. The moment I'm reminded of Angel Men is the moment it becomes different. It's very milky, very sensual and very gourmand. This one is not all sophisticated, but it never tries to be. It's a relaxed comfort scent. This is gonna be a big hit with the New Haarlem set.
    A friend called to tell me how much he loves this. He said it smelled like latex.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Flavor Flaaaave

I have both For Him and For All. The I'm wearing the For Him today, and have received several compliments, so good projection, and reliable longevity, as is typical for Bond. The thing with this line is that it is essentially a Bond "diffusion line". So just as as D&G is to Dolce and Gabbana, Miu Miu is to Prada...I Love NY is to Bond No. 9. I think that from this line, we will not have the same level of sophistication in the individual fragrances, but the intent was to make something "easy to love, and easy to wear". I'm sure all the haters will have a ball with this, but who cares about them.

I thought I was going to be more excited about the For All, as it seemed more unique to me than the For Him, which bears a lot of similarities to Saks for Him and Harrod's for Him. The I Love NY For him though seems more youthful, energetic and fun that then SAKS and Harrod's. It's a perfect work fragrance for just about anyone.

I'm looking forward to trying the For All again tonight, as it is very relaxing and will be nice to unwind with after work. I actually get a lot more vanilla from this than others have described. It has a fresh opening which I guess is the bergemot, but it smells more grassy to me. I wish that I could appreciate the sandlewood and patchouli more in the dry down, but it may be something where I'll pick it up after a few wearings. It sometimes takes me a while to pick out the notes that are supposed to be there.

PS- Hi Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    A friend called to tell me how much he loves this. He said it smelled like latex.
    I don't know why but it suddendly started to sound interesting...

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I don't know why but it suddendly started to sound interesting...
    He said a friend of his said it smelled like sex.

He said a friend of his said it smelled like sex.
    Well, depending on the habits, sex can also smell like latex

Sur la Plage

Well, depending on the habits, sex can also smell like latex
    Well, that is what he said also - it smelled like "protection".

I will have to see if I can try it this weekend.

Well, that is what he said also - it smelled like "protection".
    Protection? So it smells like big hairy forearms!

Sur la Plage

Protection? So it smells like big hairy forearms!
    Now I am REALLY excited to try it!

Now I am REALLY excited to try it!
    Calm down, there's nothing like the real thing

I had a freind call me and tell me that these smelled great.....I'll never understand all of the hate for this house.....I can't wait to sample!!!
    Gary

I received an e-mail from a SA that Saks got them in today.

Sur la Plage

I tried them today.

For Her smells like some sort of berry-scented Suave shampoo - something that I am sure could also be found at Bath & Body Works.

For Him reminded me of Blue de Chanel. Nuff said - no thanks.

For All was quite good. Slightly gourmand, kind of a creamy, milky sweetness, with some patchouli.

confirmed today that these 3 will be hitting Harrods soon enough.

Bvlgari Black done right! Just been sniffing on a test strip all day and got a sample to try from Nordy's. If you like what BB is about but the rubbery note in that frag is just too much for you then try this one out!
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Tried all them not care enough to buy any.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Bvlgari Black done right! Just been sniffing on a test strip all day and got a sample to try from Nordy's. If you like what BB is about but the rubbery note in that frag is just too much for you then try this one out!
    I assume you're talking about For All here... I must disagree. Black is much less sweet/gourmande.

Blueberry Muffin note?? I'm curious to smell that one...

Yeah, I'm talking about the 'for all' one. The black bottle, the one the OP pictured up top.

BB is slightly sweet, I love NY for all is more sweet. Although I wouldn't necessarily call it a gourmand. There is vanilla sweetness and coffee in there but it doesn't make you smell like a bakery or anything.

If BB is mostly rubber and a touch of vanilla sweetness and Midnight in Paris is mostly vanilla sweetness with a touch of rubber, For All is in the middle.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Notes of bergamot, muguet, pepper, cocoa lmr, coffee beans, creamy chestnut, patchouli, vanilla, leatherwood and sandalwood.

Pre-order Available November 1st- 100ml — $255.00

What happened to the lower prices?

Banned

I wore a sample of I <3 New York For Him yesterday and I thought it was ok at best. It smelled pretty generic and the opening was very synthetic smelling. The projection was very good and it did last 12 hours on my skins, and that was just from the sample atomizer!

Overall smell: 7/10
    Projection: 8/10
    Longevity: 10/10
    Coolness of name: 10/10
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

That's the "Special Edition" (includes a chain w/logo.) The regular 100ml is $175.

Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    Notes of bergamot, muguet, pepper, cocoa lmr, coffee beans, creamy chestnut, patchouli, vanilla, leatherwood and sandalwood.

Pre-order Available November 1st- 100ml — $255.00

What happened to the lower prices?

Dependent

For Him smells cheap, synthetic, and generic to me too. Yet another Cool Water influenced nonentity.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    For Him smells cheap, synthetic, and generic to me too. Yet another Cool Water influenced nonentity.
    I just got a sample of ILNY for Him. I usually have a really good tolerance to all types of fragrances, but for this one, I just couldn't stand it. It made me a bit nauseous and I had to throw away the paper I sprayed it on. Furthermore, it doesn't smell like a high-priced niche fragrance at all.

ILNY for All isn't bad though.

exactly. and has that same terrible note that is in the drydown of ysl lhomme libre. "for all" has a milky, peppery note i dont like.

Got a sample earlier this week. MonkeyBars is dead on. I also agree with petruccijc that it smells very vaguely like Chanel Bleu, only even more cloudy and synthetic. Just awful.

For all isn't terrible, but I'm sticking with New Haarlem.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

ILNY For Him is a complete piece of garbage. Synthetic, and absolutely uninspiring. Bleu de Chanel is honestly much higher quality than this, and I'm not a huge fan of BdC. For Him reminds me more of Escape by CK. I wore that shit when I was 12, so I can't remember exactly what it smells like anymore, but when I smelled this stuff, I was reminded of trying to "score" with chicks, and trying weed for the first time.

For All has some balls. I can't wear it though, that milky note drives me nuts by the middle of the day.