Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Bond No. 9 I Love New York

New York fragrance company Bond no.9 takes inspiration from its surroundings - NY's 'energy, dynamism, immense variety, 24/7 can-do spirit' - to create a second luxury perfume collection to be launched in September of this year.

Bond no. 9 has partnered up with the iconic I LOVE NEW YORK brand in connection with a new series of fragrances that expand the collection beyond the city to encompass the scents of the Empire State. This partnership celebrates the diversity of New York in a distinct way.

The campaign has of course given the brand the permission to combine the I LOVE NEW YORK logo with Bond No. 9's own logo.

I HEART NYC
    Designed in 1977 for the State of New York by Milton Glaser to raise morale during an ebb in the City’s municipal life, this nostalgia-laden logo, instantly recognised the world over, has become so ubiquitous over the past 30-plus years that it has even turned the noun 'heart' into a verb, as per the phrase 'I heart New York'.

The Bond No. 9 logo, modelled on the 'grille-work NYC Transit Authority subway token' that also emerged in the ‘70s, likewise 'invokes the careening speed, energy, egalitarianism, and the can-do spirit pervading New York'. The two logos appear together on the I LOVE NEW YORK by Bond No. 9 bottles.

As with the original Bond No. 9 collection, this one will be designed in a 'contemporary artisanal style, using the finest ingredients available'.

FOR HIM, FOR HER AND FOR ALL
    I LOVE NEW YORK for Her, in a pink bottle, contains notes of a mandarin zest, spicy nutmeg, and blueberry muffin. A bouquet of roses and pink peonies, laced with patchouli can also be identified.

I LOVE NEW YORK for Him, in a blue bottle, has opening notes of grapefruit zest, juniper berry, ginger, and a soothing lavender.

In a black bottle, I LOVE NEW YORK for All is an infusion of coffee beans with creamy chestnut. The scent can be described as 'a citrus-floral-spice blend of bergamot, lily of the valley, and pepper'.

More I LOVE NEW YORK scents are on the way. Candles and other auxiliary products will gradually be added, as well.

Price points for the 50 and 100 ml eau de parfum will be $105 and $175, respectively.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Bond No. 9 I Love New York

Thanks for the info Petruccijc!!! I've been waiting for some news from Bond No.9.....Thanks again!!!
    Gary

Picked up I Love NY for All tonight during NYC's Fashion Night Out. Love, LOVE, this one. It smells like warm chocolate milk. The moment I'm reminded of Angel Men is the moment it becomes different. It's very milky, very sensual and very gourmand. This one is not all sophisticated, but it never tries to be. It's a relaxed comfort scent. This is gonna be a big hit with the New Haarlem set.

I Love NY For Him on the otherhand, well, let me just hold off commenting until I get to know it better...

Thanks for the info MikeNY.....I had a friend call me and tell me that these are very nice!!!
    Gary

Sur la Plage

A friend of mine is raving about the NY for All. I need to try it out.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

I tried them today.

For Her smells like some sort of berry-scented Suave shampoo - something that I am sure could also be found at Bath & Body Works.

For Him reminded me of Blue de Chanel. Nuff said - no thanks.

For All was quite good. Slightly gourmand, kind of a creamy, milky sweetness, with some patchouli.

I tried all three today and purchase For All. I did not care for For Her or For Him. I instantly liked For All and knew I would have to add it to my collection. This is really the only other Bond fragrance I have cared for after New Haarlem, which I have to be in the mood to wear.

I have been wearing it all evening now, for about 4.5 hours. It is still going strong, and the dry down is not too much different from the initial spray. The most notable difference for me is a soft powder that I don't get too much of in the beginning, but its subtle and lovely. The main note that made me fall in love with this is still going strong- the creamy chestnut. When I came home and asked my husband to smell this after having worn it for about 45 minutes or so, the first thing he said was "Mmmm.. that smells nutty!" Indeed it does. Points on the bottle design as well.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Thumbs down Re: New Fragrances: Bond No. 9 I Love New York

I must be the lone dissenting vote here, but I've tried the For All and For Him varieties of this. I can sum my experience up in a word: Disappointment.

The one thing you need to know about the For All fragrance is that it's so much like New Haarlem with all the good parts stripped away so that it becomes too linear and wafting of vanilla. If you love vanilla and don't mind spending that sort of money for it, be my guest, but I wouldn't recommend it as it lacked any imagination in my view.

I'll sum up For Men in a quick comparison: Aqua Velva Ice Blue. If you compare the notes, the prominent ones from each cross paths, and this just smells like an overly pricey version of your father's after shave. My advice is to just get the Aqua Velva, save $170 and spend it on a Broadway show.

Both of these were simply very disappointing, the descriptions a bit too much hype over substance, and honestly not worth the reduced cost given that there are better niche (and mass-market) fragrances out there for similar or less price. Sorry, but I think Bond missed the mark completely.

I tried the All fragrance and the Men's fragrance.....Very smooth and easy to wear, and very long lasting!!! Very nice fragrances!!!
    Gary