Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Banned

Default END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

First fragrance that blew me away...dior homme intense. I read that it was getting reformulated around september, but I can't find a link/article about it. Is this rumor true? Are they completely changing it or slightly tweaking it? And is September the correct date of the release? If anyone has some concrete information it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

"Slightly tweaking" it would be a huge understatement:
    http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Dior...2011-2383.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Banned

Man...I was hoping it wasn't true...thanks for the link...gonna go home and cry now..

Should be interesting when they do come out.

Blog Entries

I have plenty of Intense so I'm not worried about that. I am however slightly panicky about Dior Homme. Maybe the new formula will be as good or *gasp*.....better?

Blog Entries

Lol watch the new formulas be amazing

These days new and improved usually means more money for less of whatever it is you are buying. I was reading "perfume" on wikipedia...says old scents were made with crushed herbs and oil. It sounds like too much effort and too expensive for parfum houses to do these days.
    After reading that I realized why most modern scents don't do it for me and why reformulations are nothing to get excited about.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by My_pep_pep View Post
    Maybe the new formula will be as good or *gasp*.....better?
    Fat chance!

Yea I don't think the new formula, at least for the intense version, will be better. The new note lineup looks terrible compared to the current formulation. It looks like a completely different scent.

We don't know what will it be about, so let's wait and see. There are chances it might be better, maybe not.

Think it this way: it is not a good business idea making something inferior, so they will have to make sure those using Dior Homme will be eager to buy another bottle of the new juice. This makes me sort of optimistic.

But why a reformulation?! Why not just a mere flanker?
    God knows Dior love flankers.
    Just look at Miss Dior Chérie, Dior Addict or Fahrenheit.

Don't fiddle with a perfect thing! Such a shame!

I hope the person who did Aqua Fahrenheight is not doing the new formulation. God it would be awful, a sacrilege on the original intense.

i haven't found any good reformulated frag. maybe this is the ONE?

Remember the saying, "If something works, leave it alone". We should bombard Dior with emails regarding this matter. I have a feeling DHI is going to smell horrible, how dare they....

Dior dont respect their customers, this is the reason to i prefer CHanel thousand times over Dior.

Folks,

I've written DIOR about this troubling news, when I get a response I will post it here. Good GOD, if they are completely changing it, I will be furious. Is the perfumer mentioned on fragrantica the original guy? I could of swore it was Olivier Polge..

Nick

I imagine that they are going to neuter the floral elements of the original. Just a guess.

People complain about the iris being too feminine, and associate it with makeup, lipstick, etc.
    I just picked up an extra bottle of the original on the cheap. Personally I don't think there has been a better mainstream masculine release since it was released.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    I imagine that they are going to neuter the floral elements of the original. Just a guess.

People complain about the iris being too feminine, and associate it with makeup, lipstick, etc.
    I just picked up an extra bottle of the original on the cheap. Personally I don't think there has been a better mainstream masculine release since it was released.

-Slim
    Actualy I wasn't being too specific, I was referring to the Intense version. It looks to be a completely different fragrance like day and night.

Basically in September Dior will be releasing reformulated versions of both the original and the intense. Whilst the original looks like it is going to be tweeked the intense will be a complete overhaul ie a different fragrance.

With the intense the cocoa/vanille and amber are going to be removed and they are adding pear and ambrette which is a musky type scent. So it is changing from a sexy seductive semi gourmand fragrance that we know and love to a fruity musky cocoction. And that is why a lot of us are buying back up bottles because the current formula will in time disappear from the shops.

This might be problematic, since Dior Homme Intense is probably my favorite within the entire Dior Homme lineup

This is a disgraceful move by Dior. I am literally flabbergasted.

*CRAAAAAAI*

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    But why a reformulation?! Why not just a mere flanker?
    Why?
    Because they want to save money!
    Read this:
    http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2011...ex-cherie.html

I find it odd that if the formula changes it is considered a new product and yet the name remains the same. I realize this is because IFF owns the formula while Dior owns the name and packaging, but it just doesn't seem right.
    Currently wearing: Good Life by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by sables View Post
    Why?
    Because they want to save money!
    Read this:
    http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2011...ex-cherie.html
    Interesting, thank you. God, LVMH is such a beast, huh?!

Seems like I will be spending hundreds of dollars
    on back up bottles of Miss Dior Chérie, Dior Homme
    and Dior Homme Intense, instead of new frags!

Blog Entries

Suddenly, that old thread about "Dior Homme vs. Dior Homme" makes sense.

well maybe what used to be called Dior Homme will pop up as something else, somewhere else? seems unlikely. anyway I dont have a strong attachment, never bought a bottle cause i never found it at the right price! i do like it though, iris is my favourite note at the moment

Wearing DHI last few days I have to agree it is shame that it will be reformulated.

It is sooo easy to wear in almost any weather, very natural smell, just decent sillage but excellent longevity. 2 sprays under shirt and you are set for next 12 hours. This is pure comfort in the line of Pi but less sweet and more natural smelling. It is masculine version of Hypnotic Poison to me.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

it was my SOTN yesterday, i love it. such a nuisance they change it...