Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

First fragrance that blew me away...dior homme intense. I read that it was getting reformulated around september, but I can't find a link/article about it. Is this rumor true? Are they completely changing it or slightly tweaking it? And is September the correct date of the release? If anyone has some concrete information it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

"Slightly tweaking" it would be a huge understatement:
    http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Dior...2011-2383.html

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Man...I was hoping it wasn't true...thanks for the link...gonna go home and cry now..

Should be interesting when they do come out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have plenty of Intense so I'm not worried about that. I am however slightly panicky about Dior Homme. Maybe the new formula will be as good or *gasp*.....better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lol watch the new formulas be amazing

Post Thanks / Like

These days new and improved usually means more money for less of whatever it is you are buying. I was reading "perfume" on wikipedia...says old scents were made with crushed herbs and oil. It sounds like too much effort and too expensive for parfum houses to do these days.
    After reading that I realized why most modern scents don't do it for me and why reformulations are nothing to get excited about.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by My_pep_pep View Post
    Maybe the new formula will be as good or *gasp*.....better?
    Fat chance!

Yea I don't think the new formula, at least for the intense version, will be better. The new note lineup looks terrible compared to the current formulation. It looks like a completely different scent.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't know what will it be about, so let's wait and see. There are chances it might be better, maybe not.

Think it this way: it is not a good business idea making something inferior, so they will have to make sure those using Dior Homme will be eager to buy another bottle of the new juice. This makes me sort of optimistic.

Post Thanks / Like

But why a reformulation?! Why not just a mere flanker?
    God knows Dior love flankers.
    Just look at Miss Dior Chérie, Dior Addict or Fahrenheit.

Don't fiddle with a perfect thing! Such a shame!

I hope the person who did Aqua Fahrenheight is not doing the new formulation. God it would be awful, a sacrilege on the original intense.

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't found any good reformulated frag. maybe this is the ONE?

Remember the saying, "If something works, leave it alone". We should bombard Dior with emails regarding this matter. I have a feeling DHI is going to smell horrible, how dare they....

Dior dont respect their customers, this is the reason to i prefer CHanel thousand times over Dior.

Folks,

I've written DIOR about this troubling news, when I get a response I will post it here. Good GOD, if they are completely changing it, I will be furious. Is the perfumer mentioned on fragrantica the original guy? I could of swore it was Olivier Polge..

Nick

I imagine that they are going to neuter the floral elements of the original. Just a guess.

People complain about the iris being too feminine, and associate it with makeup, lipstick, etc.
    I just picked up an extra bottle of the original on the cheap. Personally I don't think there has been a better mainstream masculine release since it was released.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    I imagine that they are going to neuter the floral elements of the original. Just a guess.

People complain about the iris being too feminine, and associate it with makeup, lipstick, etc.
    I just picked up an extra bottle of the original on the cheap. Personally I don't think there has been a better mainstream masculine release since it was released.

-Slim
    Actualy I wasn't being too specific, I was referring to the Intense version. It looks to be a completely different fragrance like day and night.

Basically in September Dior will be releasing reformulated versions of both the original and the intense. Whilst the original looks like it is going to be tweeked the intense will be a complete overhaul ie a different fragrance.

With the intense the cocoa/vanille and amber are going to be removed and they are adding pear and ambrette which is a musky type scent. So it is changing from a sexy seductive semi gourmand fragrance that we know and love to a fruity musky cocoction. And that is why a lot of us are buying back up bottles because the current formula will in time disappear from the shops.

Post Thanks / Like

This might be problematic, since Dior Homme Intense is probably my favorite within the entire Dior Homme lineup

Post Thanks / Like

This is a disgraceful move by Dior. I am literally flabbergasted.

*CRAAAAAAI*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    But why a reformulation?! Why not just a mere flanker?
    Why?
    Because they want to save money!
    Read this:
    http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2011...ex-cherie.html

Post Thanks / Like

I find it odd that if the formula changes it is considered a new product and yet the name remains the same. I realize this is because IFF owns the formula while Dior owns the name and packaging, but it just doesn't seem right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sables View Post
    Why?
    Because they want to save money!
    Read this:
    http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2011...ex-cherie.html
    Interesting, thank you. God, LVMH is such a beast, huh?!

Seems like I will be spending hundreds of dollars
    on back up bottles of Miss Dior Chérie, Dior Homme
    and Dior Homme Intense, instead of new frags!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Suddenly, that old thread about "Dior Homme vs. Dior Homme" makes sense.

well maybe what used to be called Dior Homme will pop up as something else, somewhere else? seems unlikely. anyway I dont have a strong attachment, never bought a bottle cause i never found it at the right price! i do like it though, iris is my favourite note at the moment

Wearing DHI last few days I have to agree it is shame that it will be reformulated.

It is sooo easy to wear in almost any weather, very natural smell, just decent sillage but excellent longevity. 2 sprays under shirt and you are set for next 12 hours. This is pure comfort in the line of Pi but less sweet and more natural smelling. It is masculine version of Hypnotic Poison to me.
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

Post Thanks / Like

it was my SOTN yesterday, i love it. such a nuisance they change it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    well maybe what used to be called Dior Homme will pop up as something else, somewhere else?
    Since IFF owns the formula I suppose they could make arrangements with another fragrance house to sell it under a different name.

Well, I did say that things in the perfume industry were going to get worse and we're not even out of the woods yet. Hold on for a very bumpy ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing sacred, really... Tempted to buy Homme and Insense before the deluge
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Well, I did say that things in the perfume industry were going to get worse and we're not even out of the woods yet. Hold on for a very bumpy ride...
    Unfortunately I believe you are right.

I think we've seen only the tip of the huge discontinuation, reformulation, restriction, litigation, price gouging, internet controlling, copycatting, deteriorating quality iceberg.

Better get busy buying up vintage frags and fragrances you like while you can. We're headed towards chemical armageddon!

I called the boutique In NYC yesterday and the man confirmed the new shipment is coming In September, he had no clue that it's being reformulated. They are in for a big surprise when they see that the
    New DHI won't be flying off the shelves like before. Sorry folks based on the notes this is going to bomb big time. We love DhI for the iris, cocoa, and vanilla notes. I can't believe what they are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

In June 16th 2006 the final court of appeal in France ruled that “the fragrance of a perfume does not constitute the creation of a form of expression that can benefit from the protection given to works of art.”

Reformulation of a chemical just as it is when they reformulate Tylenol, Robitussin, or any other product that is chemically made.

What I don't understand is how they can release it with the same name and not put any kind of disclosure on the product such as "reformulated." It's deceptive advertising and should be illegal.
    Last edited by silentrich; 27th July 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Where's a good reliable place to get dior homme or intense? I've looked at a few places here in Atlanta with no luck

Post Thanks / Like

Began stocking up recently with a 50ml of DHI from ebay. I think 150ml should last me a decade or so in rotation, after then who knows!?

Quote Originally Posted by josephga View Post
    Where's a good reliable place to get dior homme or intense? I've looked at a few places here in Atlanta with no luck
    Since the boutique is out of the question now the only place I can find it is strawberrynet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides the Dior boutique, the only other place I've seen it in-store was Sephora (only had DH and DH Sport, no Intense)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there's plenty of bottles of Dior Homme floating around out there to be had..... at least right now....

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Since IFF owns the formula I suppose they could make arrangements with another fragrance house to sell it under a different name.
    I genuinely hope this is what happens with the current formulations, and with any luck it will be an ambitious company looking to undercut the current big name labels. Wouldn't it be nice if, say, DHI suddenly was selling for cheaper under a different name than the Dior label? I won't hold my breath, but hopefully there will be some way to keep some of these fragrances available.

Post Thanks / Like

---
    Last edited by rickbr; 27th July 2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: deleted

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I called the boutique In NYC yesterday and the man confirmed the new shipment is coming In September, he had no clue that it's being reformulated. They are in for a big surprise when they see that the
    New DHI won't be flying off the shelves like before. Sorry folks based on the notes this is going to bomb big time. We love DhI for the iris, cocoa, and vanilla notes. I can't believe what they are doing.
    Was it ever flying off the shelves ? Reformation mean revamping a product to get a larger market and fix complaints from customers. 1/2 of Basenotes here complained about lipstick and makeup bag accords that Dior has taken note and is fixing the situation for you folks yet you are all still not happy ?

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Was it ever flying off the shelves ? Reformation mean revamping a product to get a larger market and fix complaints from customers. 1/2 of Basenotes here complained about lipstick and makeup bag accords that Dior has taken note and is fixing the situation for you folks yet you are all still not happy ?
    It's impossible to fall in love with every fragrance release. But for those who do love a particular fragrance, these companies should show some respect. After all, we're talking about loyal customers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    It's impossible to fall in love with every fragrance release. But for those who do love a particular fragrance, these companies should show some respect. After all, we're talking about loyal customers here.
    I totally agree DHI flys off the shelves overseas, so it's not like it doesn't make money for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    But this wasn`t the main reason Dior was reformulating Dior Homme. LVMH is doing this thing with Flower By Kenzo, and Miss Dior Cherie too. It`s a way of getting the control of the formula again, since who owns it is the fragrance house who created it (i think at this case it was Givaudan) and reformulating they change the formula and keep at their own control. I suspect that this is just the beginning, probably they are reformulating some and do a slow process to change all the others too. Fahrenheit is also being reformulated soon due to this strategy.

Post Thanks / Like

I just called the Dior Boutique In NYC and the guy confirmed they will be getting the intense I'n September. He also said it will be the same formula and hasn't heard about the reformulation. Boy are they In for a big surprise when they find out a masterpiece has turned into a dud...

I have spoken to 4 Dior reps from different department stores (chains) in the UK and have asked them to enquire about a reformulation.

All asked at recent Dior training events and all say there will be no reformulation.

The article from fragrantica, which is causing this uproar is here:

The new notes are apparently:

DIOR HOMME INTENSE

top notes: lavender
    heart: iris, ambrette, pear liqueur, powdery chords
    base: Virginian cedar, vetiver

The notes are not too different from the old ones. Just the cocoa and pear notes are interchanged.

Now to the big caveat!

The author of the fragrantica article is not a native English speaker, which you can reference from the author's name and writing style. It is easy to make mistakes and the pear notes could be a genuine mistake. Given that this is the only source that I can find via Google with the 'new' list of notes, I am inclined to think that a reformulation is not happening.

Before I get flamed to death. I am more than happy to be corrected by someone in the know. But I personally think a reformulation, stated by the afore-mentioned reasons is very unlikely.

Nevertheless I have just bought a 100ml bottle of the current formulation, :-)

Quote Originally Posted by purplelavender View Post
    I have spoken to 4 Dior reps from different department stores (chains) in the UK and have asked them to enquire about a reformulation.

All asked at recent Dior training events and all say there will be no reformulation.

The article from fragrantica, which is causing this uproar is here:

The new notes are apparently:

DIOR HOMME INTENSE

top notes: lavender
    heart: iris, ambrette, pear liqueur, powdery chords
    base: Virginian cedar, vetiver

The notes are not too different from the old ones. Just the cocoa and pear notes are interchanged.

Now to the big caveat!

The author of the fragrantica article is not a native English speaker, which you can reference from the author's name and writing style. It is easy to make mistakes and the pear notes could be a genuine mistake. Given that this is the only source that I can find via Google with the 'new' list of notes, I am inclined to think that a reformulation is not happening.

Before I get flamed to death. I am more than happy to be corrected by someone in the know. But I personally think a reformulation, stated by the afore-mentioned reasons is very unlikely.

Nevertheless I have just bought a 100ml bottle of the current formulation, :-)
    I asked a Dior Rep in Selfridges and she had list of dates she checked when I asked her and it was September that a new Dior Home Intense was been released. Also taking the cocoa and amber out and adding pear and ambrette is going to make a big difference in the new scent.

Instead of a semi gourmand seductive fragrance that we know and love we are going to have a fruity musky concoction, a big difference. Shame on Dior for not letting the public know with better marketing instead of sneaking the new fragrance through under the name of the old.lol

Hi Jack,

of course they would be different fragrances. My point is that they won't be changed. The fragrantica article is a translation. It states that at the end of the article.

Do you have any other sources for the note change?

I do not have any other sources but I pray you are right and they are not changed. We will have to wait and see.

On another note the fragrance reps in England and I have been to a lot from Harrods to Selfridges, Boots etc are bloody awful at their job. We could all do a better job and have more knowledge than them.lol

The fragrantica article is full of English errors. I think we will be ok and are getting no reformulation.

I appreciate your input Jack :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't rest my hopes on that. All signs point to a reformulation.

But based on what?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see then. It is a little odd how the new dior homme will stay so similar to the old based on the note lineup, but the new dior homme intense be a complete overhaul?

Good thing I just picked up a 100ml of the good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be changed, this is part of LVMH strategy. If the difference will be a big one or a small one i don't know, but i wouldn't count that LVMH wouldn't sacrifice a fragrance if changing is part of their strategy to control more the production and have more profits. LVMH is driven by money, not values, so i'd fear the worst, cause it can happen

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    In June 16th 2006 the final court of appeal in France ruled that “the fragrance of a perfume does not constitute the creation of a form of expression that can benefit from the protection given to works of art.”

Reformulation of a chemical just as it is when they reformulate Tylenol, Robitussin, or any other product that is chemically made.

What I don't understand is how they can release it with the same name and not put any kind of disclosure on the product such as "reformulated." It's deceptive advertising and should be illegal.

Well cereal that is genetically engineered doesn't have to be labeled as genetically modified on the box, actually i heard that is is illegal to state that the cereal you sell is gentically modified and it is also illegal to state that you sell RAW MILK instead of pasteurized milk.

HAROLD CAMPING reformulated the end of world date actually, scheduled to be October 21 2011, so i guess the dior reforumlation is a few weeks before this date.