Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 249
  1. #61

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I genuinely hope this is what happens with the current formulations, and with any luck it will be an ambitious company looking to undercut the current big name labels. Wouldn't it be nice if, say, DHI suddenly was selling for cheaper under a different name than the Dior label? I won't hold my breath, but hopefully there will be some way to keep some of these fragrances available.


    Well i don't think this has ever happened before in history for another fragrance so this will be the first time

  2. #62
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    World really should end and stop being like this...
    Currently wearing: Brit for Men by Burberry

  3. #63

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    any place I can try a sample of this? Looks like it is fast becoming the new Pure Malt of the internet.
    Currently wearing: Coney Island by Bond No. 9

  4. #64

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    any place I can try a sample of this? Looks like it is fast becoming the new Pure Malt of the internet.
    The perfumedcourt sells samples of this as well as some ebay sellers.
    http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...MEINTENSE.aspx

    Although this is a perfectly safe blind buy because if you don't like it you can easily sell it and get your money back and probably more.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Hope this helps a little bit.

    "Thank you for contacting Dior Beauty.

    Dior has an in-house perfumer, Francois Demachy, who is in charge of all
    fragrance development as well as making sure that all of our fragrances
    have the best and highest quality ingredients. Dior has many exclusive
    relationships with gardens around the world, where they source many of our
    fragrance ingredients. His goal is always have the best quality fragrance,
    this often requires some reformulation when better ingredients can be
    sourced. I hope this answers your question. Any reformulation is usually
    subtle and the essence of the fragrance shouldn't change - though we
    understand that our customers are very loyal to their fragrances and will
    often be able to note a change in a fragrance. Please let us know if you
    have any further questions."

    Standard PR email, but it looks like they are saying they won't change it a lot. (I wonder if they said the same thing for Miss Dior Cherie)

  6. #66

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by diorhommeintense View Post
    Hope this helps a little bit.

    "Thank you for contacting Dior Beauty.

    Dior has an in-house perfumer, Francois Demachy, who is in charge of all
    fragrance development as well as making sure that all of our fragrances
    have the best and highest quality ingredients. Dior has many exclusive
    relationships with gardens around the world, where they source many of our
    fragrance ingredients. His goal is always have the best quality fragrance,
    this often requires some reformulation when better ingredients can be
    sourced. I hope this answers your question. Any reformulation is usually
    subtle and the essence of the fragrance shouldn't change - though we
    understand that our customers are very loyal to their fragrances and will
    often be able to note a change in a fragrance. Please let us know if you
    have any further questions."

    Standard PR email, but it looks like they are saying they won't change it a lot. (I wonder if they said the same thing for Miss Dior Cherie)
    but the september 2011 reformulation will be completely different scent. i mean it has like pears or some fruit like that.

    i doubt it'll smell anything like the current dior homme intense.

    agreed about the PR stunt, obviously they won't admit that it'll change big

  7. #67

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    this is encouraging and points to no major notes changes!!!

  8. #68

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Last week I bought a bottle of DHI and it smelled different from the juice in the tester.
    I tested it a few times on paper and my skin and I never got any vanilla or cocoa.
    The powdery smell lasted for about four hours. When the powder faded away all what was left was a faint, weak not so pleasant smell.
    So I decided to bring the bottle back to the store.
    I explained why I wanted to return the bottle (because it didn't smell the same as the tester) and asked them what could be done about it.
    The SA told me that she would contact Dior for me.
    Today I got a call from the SA and Dior told her that they had reformulated DHI in march.
    The SA had no prior knowledge to this fact and now they are going to change the testers in the store.
    So most of the new stock in Europe will be the reformulated juice.
    This is bad news since I really would like to get my hands on the "vintage" DHI.

  9. #69

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    Last week I bought a bottle of DHI and it smelled different from the juice in the tester.
    I tested it a few times on paper and my skin and I never got any vanilla or cocoa.
    The powdery smell lasted for about four hours. When the powder faded away all what was left was a faint, weak not so pleasant smell.
    So I decided to bring the bottle back to the store.
    I explained why I wanted to return the bottle (because it didn't smell the same as the tester) and asked them what could be done about it.
    The SA told me that she would contact Dior for me.
    Today I got a call from the SA and Dior told her that they had reformulated DHI in march.
    The SA had no prior knowledge to this fact and now they are going to change the testers in the store.
    So most of the new stock in Europe will be the reformulated juice.
    This is bad news since I really would like to get my hands on the "vintage" DHI.
    The plot thickens with all the shenanigans that has been going on with this much beloved fragrance.lol

    The new one due in September has Pear and ambrette in the mix which should make the scent a fruity musky concoction, is that what you picked up? If not I only know of one other reformulation from the 2007 original but which has the black tube and ring around the top. Do not know when that came out but I have it and I get the vanille/cocoa magic.

    I do not trust the reps because everyone has got a story that differs. It makes you want to bang your ahead up against a wall, sorry you been messed about on buying a decent bottle. Maybe it was a bad bottle.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 2nd August 2011 at 06:45 PM.

  10. #70

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    My bottle also had the black tube and ring but there was no vanilla or cocoa in that bottle.
    My nose isn't all that sophisticated so the pear might be there but I couldn't detect it. All I got was powder, powder, powder for four hours.
    I remember waking up at night, taking a sniff at my arm and thinking this is really bad.
    That Dior feels the need to reformulate a fragrance is one thing but not informing the shops who sell their product is a very bad move.
    The shops have the testers with the old juice in it so Dior really don't care about their customers who will buy a bottle of the reformulated DHI instead of the DHI that they tested and liked.

  11. #71

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Hmm that's odd. I just got my bottle from strawberrynet with the black ring and it smells just like the sample I had with the great vanilla/cocoa in it.

    This is a powdery fragrance indeed so maybe your nose just picks it up more than others or the bottle you bought was just off.

  12. #72

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    I know there is a lot of powder in DHI and that is not the problem.
    The problem is in the drydown.
    There is just no cacao or vanilla in the bottle I bought.
    Dior admitted to having changed the fragrance in march so I suppose they took the vanilla and cacao out at that time.
    I am getting my money back (they hardly ever give money back in the Netherlands so my complaint must have been valid) so I am going to try to find a good bottle.
    I also tried a few sprays from a tester with the black ring and that one still had the vanilla cacao in it.

  13. #73

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    The fact that Oliver Polge isn't mentioned as the perfumer is enough evidence for me, to have a different perfumer duplicate the original is highly unlikely IMO

  14. #74

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    I went to Boots today to test Dior Homme and the Intense version.

    I talked to the sales rep, who told me that the tester bottles are replaced weekly. (High turnover).

    It had cocao and vanilla in it, which was very evident after a few hours had gone by on the paper strip.

    I think people are over-reacting. Given my earlier comments I think the fragrance will be fine in the future and the notes will not be changed drastically.

    I have already pointed out that the original Fragrantica article is not very reliable.

  15. #75

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by purplelavender View Post
    I went to Boots today to test Dior Homme and the Intense version.

    I talked to the sales rep, who told me that the tester bottles are replaced weekly. (High turnover).

    It had cocao and vanilla in it, which was very evident after a few hours had gone by on the paper strip.

    I think people are over-reacting. Given my earlier comments I think the fragrance will be fine in the future and the notes will not be changed drastically.

    I have already pointed out that the original Fragrantica article is not very reliable.
    Awww.... youre no fun!

    I dont think you get it. We WANT.... we NEED...to be hysterical about this. Its our way of having fun...

  16. #76

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by purplelavender View Post
    I went to Boots today to test Dior Homme and the Intense version.

    I talked to the sales rep, who told me that the tester bottles are replaced weekly. (High turnover).

    It had cocao and vanilla in it, which was very evident after a few hours had gone by on the paper strip.

    I think people are over-reacting. Given my earlier comments I think the fragrance will be fine in the future and the notes will not be changed drastically.

    I have already pointed out that the original Fragrantica article is not very reliable.
    Have you ever considered that they may still have a stockpile of old tester bottles? I can't recall if the tester bottles you saw were the newer versions.

  17. #77

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perfumeland
    Posts
    973

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by purplelavender View Post
    I went to Boots today to test Dior Homme and the Intense version.

    I talked to the sales rep, who told me that the tester bottles are replaced weekly. (High turnover).

    It had cocao and vanilla in it, which was very evident after a few hours had gone by on the paper strip.

    I think people are over-reacting. Given my earlier comments I think the fragrance will be fine in the future and the notes will not be changed drastically.

    I have already pointed out that the original Fragrantica article is not very reliable.
    The article stated that the reformulation will not be out until September, so you did not smell the new bottles.
    Splits!

    Creed GIT, Clive Christian 1872 & X For Men --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-International

  18. #78

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    i was merely replying to the suggestions that the current bottles are already vastly changed, which isn't the case + the article is flawed.

    Dior Homme Intense used to be a limited edition. Now it's getting a 150ml bottle indicating it's here to stay for a long time. why would they completely change the fragrance? It's not going to sell any more if it's completely different.

    it's not like vanilla and cocoa are hard to get hold off.

    guerlain's l'instant homme extreme uses both ingredients and sells for a similar price at much lower volumes.

    plus jude law doesn't do pears. ( i made that one up :-))

  19. #79
    graffham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    2,473

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by purplelavender View Post
    Now it's getting a 150ml bottle indicating it's here to stay for a long time.
    [/I]
    Is this true? A monster bottle of Dior Homme Intense? What is this world coming to?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

  20. #80

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Yes released on 5th September in the UK. £78.

  21. #81
    EgoCryptic
    Guest

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    [post removed]
    Last edited by Grant; 18th August 2011 at 10:02 PM.

  22. #82

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by purplelavender View Post
    Yes released on 5th September in the UK. £78.
    Based on that, it sounds like it'll no longer be an EDP but an EDT Intense. Just throwing it out there...

  23. #83
    Super Member YEAHBUDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I do not have any other sources but I pray you are right and they are not changed. We will have to wait and see.

    On another note the fragrance reps in England and I have been to a lot from Harrods to Selfridges, Boots etc are bloody awful at their job. We could all do a better job and have more knowledge than them.lol
    For sure - Dior especially. A while ago I randomly tested a few scents on my skin but forgot what I'd sprayed on my left wrist after I'd done the rounds a couple of hours later. I went back to Debenhams (Birmingham) to see if any reps knew what it was, one of the Dior reps said "oh, it's definitely not a Dior fragrance" Turns out it was motherfucking Dior Homme.

    Then last week I went to the Dior counter in Selfridges and the woman rep was aware of the change, but only in so far as a new size was coming out (150ml). She also looked at me puzzled when I mentioned the make-up and cocoa scents in DHI and just thought it was "woody".

    Department stores should hire solely from basenotes!

  24. #84

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Quote Originally Posted by YEAHBUDDY View Post
    For sure - Dior especially. A while ago I randomly tested a few scents on my skin but forgot what I'd sprayed on my left wrist after I'd done the rounds a couple of hours later. I went back to Debenhams (Birmingham) to see if any reps knew what it was, one of the Dior reps said "oh, it's definitely not a Dior fragrance" Turns out it was motherfucking Dior Homme.

    Then last week I went to the Dior counter in Selfridges and the woman rep was aware of the change, but only in so far as a new size was coming out (150ml). She also looked at me puzzled when I mentioned the make-up and cocoa scents in DHI and just thought it was "woody".

    Department stores should hire solely from basenotes!
    LOL! Thanks for sharing.

  25. #85

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Anyone know if US distribution will be more widespread come September, regardless of reformulation? I called the Dior boutique in Vegas to see if they stocked this as I wanted to sample it, but they said that only one boutique in the US carries it, and they believe that is in California. Conversely, they do carry another scent I'm planning to test, Granville, and they claim that there are only one or two US locations that stock it (they thought the NYC boutique also had it).

    I'm hoping that with the presumed push they are giving DHI it will be more widely available, and not just at a single location in the US. I find that distribution pattern a bit puzzling and hope it changes.

  26. #86

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    If you read the reviews on fragrantica somebody already smelled the new DHI, he says it's different but very good. "to the untrained nose this may smell similiar to the original"-fragrantica

  27. #87

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Yesterday I went to the store that sold me the bottle of DHI to collect my refund. While I was there I spoke with the storemanager. She had also sampled the bottle I returned and she agreed with me that it smelled different. According to her it was less pronounced and full-bodied.
    They told me that Dior didn't send them any new testers so they were still using an old tester.
    I don't see why Dior would lie about having changed it in march when they didn't.
    That makes no sense to me.

  28. #88

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perfumeland
    Posts
    973

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    What probably happened is they did reformulate it, but not change it, as they are with the new version. The march reformulation was probably like most houses do where they find a way to make it cheaper and smell the same. With regard to your bottle, it could've just been a skunked bottle that was stored improperly at one point, or spoiled somehow.
    Splits!

    Creed GIT, Clive Christian 1872 & X For Men --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-International

  29. #89

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    Aren't we talking about two different things? Major perfume houses change ingredients occasionally, but try to keep the same scent -- that's what happened with DHI in March. On the other hand, they occasionally update a fragrance and try to produce a slightly different scent -- the dreaded reformulation, which for DHI is supposed to happen in September. It's not surprising some with sensitive noses detected the March change, especially for a fragrance as beloved as Dior Homme Intense; but I suppose Dior didn't publicize it because it viewed the March change as just a minor ingredient variation.

  30. #90

    Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

    You never know but the new formula may smell even better!? There have been several new fragrance released recently with a pear accord (Ciel d' Airan, Hutieme Art and Ginger Pear, Illuminum) pear has a similar cool bitter sweetness that I imagine might substitute for cocoa in a fragrance. Dior Homme Intense doesn't smell strongly of cocoa, I think it just adds a bitter sweetness and Ambrette for amber (is always a blend anyway) could be nice. . . . I am out the door looking for original Dior Homme Intense - just in case in doesn't work out!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2nd March 2014, 04:46 AM
  2. An Intense Battle - Rive Gauche Intense vs Dior Homme Intense
    By manicboy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20th October 2012, 03:24 PM
  3. Dior homme 2011????? wots this???? another reformulation????
    By NASforever in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 10th May 2012, 08:55 PM
  4. Dior Homme vs Dior Homme Intense-Artistry vs More Sweetness?
    By starace in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 1st July 2011, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10th October 2010, 12:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000