Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: END OF THE WORLD = 09/2011!? Reformulation of dior homme intense..

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    You never know but the new formula may smell even better!? There have been several new fragrance released recently with a pear accord (Ciel d' Airan, Hutieme Art and Ginger Pear, Illuminum) pear has a similar cool bitter sweetness that I imagine might substitute for cocoa in a fragrance. Dior Homme Intense doesn't smell strongly of cocoa, I think it just adds a bitter sweetness and Ambrette for amber (is always a blend anyway) could be nice. . . . I am out the door looking for original Dior Homme Intense - just in case in doesn't work out!
    From your mouth to Gods ears that the new formula may smell better. The drydown of cocoa and vanilla is what makes DHI the masterpiece it is, so I'm pessimistic

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    From your mouth to Gods ears that the new formula may smell better. The drydown of cocoa and vanilla is what makes DHI the masterpiece it is, so I'm pessimistic
    Agreed, there's no way I'm going to enjoy the new reformulated version over the current juice.

The original Dior Homme is been reformulated as well. The iris is going to be less and the cocoa more amplified but not to the extent in the Intense. This looks like the only consolation prize we have along with bottles of the current formula that will still be around for a little while longer.

Someone should compile a list of all the cool cocao/vanille fragrances and maybe we will all find a suitable replacement for the future besides Guerlains L'Instant Extreme.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

Just received my 100ml back-up bottle! Now @DAX has indicated I only have until October 21 to use it all up! Die young and leave a beautiful smelling corpse

This will be much more watered down, I mean pear?? seriously wtf , pear really doesnt have much of scent , besides a slight citrus tartness about it. I think they are just trying to make this very commercial and turn it into their rendition of L'homme.

Banned

Just ordered another two 100ml bottles! Can't be doing without this one!

If I find a strawberrynet coupon, I'm definitely getting another 100ml for backup.

Almost a Saturday Night Live Sketch for DHI...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phm18...eature=related

Ok. I just received my 100ml from strawberry.com and here it is compared to the old. I have an old empty 100ml too - same collar as the 50ml. The juice is different to my nose - and to my daughter's. The new is less sweet and more fruity. I haven't worn the new yet...

^ Damn!!!!!!!!

I ordered a 100ml from Strawberrynet too. Should be arriving this week.

That is awesome dude! Hehe
    I like the comment below "I think my penis would just run off and start dancing with people on its own. " hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Almost a Saturday Night Live Sketch for DHI...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phm18...eature=related

so I guess the juice has already been reformulated?
    damn that sucks
    i ordered mine from strawberrynet like july 22nd. expecting it sometime this week.

Please elaborate more Sparky!? How does the new one measure up?

At this stage I haven't given it a wearing, only sniffed from the bottle. It's definitely similar, and still smells like DHI, but no idea about projection, silage or drydown. For all I know it could be the aforementioned March reformulation, rather than the big scary one. I'll wear it soon and get back to you.... not today though - I'm Oud-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Ok. I just received my 100ml from strawberry.com and here it is compared to the old. I have an old empty 100ml too - same collar as the 50ml. The juice is different to my nose - and to my daughter's. The new is less sweet and more fruity. I haven't worn the new yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I haven't worn the new yet.
    I'll say it again. There has been no change.
    And, guys, we've been through this ... Refer to post 80-84.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...mulation/page2
    Last edited by neal; 8th August 2011 at 12:19 AM.

This isn't the recreation listed in the fragrantica article. This is the reformulation (not re-creating) that occurred some time earlier this year or last year.
    Splits!

Creed GIT, Clive Christian 1872 & X For Men --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-International

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    This isn't the recreation listed in the fragrantica article. This is the reformulation (not re-creating) that occurred some time earlier this year or last year.
    It may very well have been reformulated ('tweaked-yet-not-completely-recreated') - my point is there is absolutely no discernable difference.
    From another thread...

I received my bottle of DHI from Strawberrynet a few days ago. What I received had the black tube, black collar and black sprayer.
    This is the supposed 'tweaked-yet-not-completely-reformulated' version of DHI.
    I have been comparing this new bottle with sample from the original 2007 juice for the past three days. There is no difference. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
    So I have to respectfully, yet emphatically disagree with Gido.
    I feel this fall into the same category as Havana's repackaging a couple of years back...
    Last edited by neal; 8th August 2011 at 12:03 AM.

I agree with neal. I also tested the bottle I received from strawberrynet against my old sample, one on each wrist. They smelled exactly alike to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrydown View Post
    I agree with neal. I also tested the bottle I received from strawberrynet against my old sample, one on each wrist. They smelled exactly alike to me.
    The proof is in the wearing
    And yes, I still haven't worn the new, but...

I did set my daughter and her friend (both 18, so just for fun really) up with a spray of each on either wrist and a small bowl of coffee beans. They were both watching movies on the couch, so nice controlled environment. They reported both to be very similar, but felt the newer lasted longer and smelled slightly stronger. They also thought the older was richer and the newer fruitier. I would of course defer to seasoned BNer's over teenagers in these matters - so just a bit of fun

I will try it on each wrist tomorrow and post my impressions. I think I can be pretty controlled as I have bottles of each, rather than samples, so can control the spray so application method and amount can be consistent. I'll sniff through my workday and note my impressions.

Interesting that they said fruity given that the new formulation has the pear in it.

Let us know your thoughts on it. By the looks of it, the fragrantica article shows the new bottle having a silver collar like the original formulation and not the black one.

I was in the mall yesterday and found a bottle of DHI at one of those Kiosks in the middle of the mall. It was dusty and way in back so I took a chance that it would be an older silver collar bottle. I got lucky! Anyway came home last night and once again compared this bottle with the newer black collar bottle from Strawberrynet and once again came to the same conclusion. No difference. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Just got my bottle of DHI from strawberrynet. Everything seems legit, I don't have any other DHI to compare to as this is my first DHI purchase, but I couldn't help but notice that it is really, really similar in scent to that of the Dior Homme (the reformulated version with the black tube)

I can easily pick apart the original (silver tube Dior Homme) from Dior Homme Intense, but it's harder to do the same for the reformulated Dior Homme and the DHI.

Especially the first ~30 minute, they smell practically identical to my untrained nose, and the drydown is very similar also.

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    Just got my bottle of DHI from strawberrynet. Everything seems legit, I don't have any other DHI to compare to as this is my first DHI purchase, but I couldn't help but notice that it is really, really similar in scent to that of the Dior Homme (the reformulated version with the black tube)

I can easily pick apart the original (silver tube Dior Homme) from Dior Homme Intense, but it's harder to do the same for the reformulated Dior Homme and the DHI.

Especially the first ~30 minute, they smell practically identical to my untrained nose, and the drydown is very similar also.
    They're different in many facets.

elaborate?

Last edited by neal; 9th August 2011 at 11:45 PM.

ya but it feels like they are comparing to the Dior homme before reformulation.

The reformulated DH feels a lot like DHI to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    ya but it feels like they are comparing to the Dior homme before reformulation.

The reformulated DH feels a lot like DHI to my nose.
    Ahh, point taken. Perhaps others could chime in on the black tube Dior Homme. It just starts to get confusing as we were discussing the silver and black collar DHI, not DH.

crvn I hope you are right in that the 2 are very similar. This way I have a great alternative for when my 100ml bottle of DHI runs out.

they are disturbingly similar to me.

if i continue to feel this way after few more sprays, i'll just sell the intense and get a different scent