Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Cuir de Russie (Chanel) vs Cuir Ottoman vs Others... which would you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
    No love for Bel Ami, one of my most respected scents?
    I tested it some time ago... sadly the only store that carries it in my city has no testers... i'll have to blind buy or wait for a sale of a basenoter to get a bottle

Default Re: Cuir de Russie (Chanel) vs Cuir Ottoman vs Others... which would you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Piver's CdR is a kind of sharp lemony birch tar which I find fairly unpleasant...

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    Agreed!
    Thanks for informing me on this! I am not looking for any sharp lemony notes.

Lancome's Cuir should also be considered especially if you're not looking to spend that much money. It is just as high quality of a fragrance as the others listed. I would say that this is THE single BEST buy under $50.00, and once this is gone from the online discounters, people are going to be willing to pay more!

I just received my Cuir Ottoman today. Its in the middle between Cuir de Russie (soft leather) and Cuir Mauresque (raw leather).

So far i prefer Cuir de Russie, perfection in a bottle.
    Cuir Mauresque i really hate (that raw and crude leather isnt my type).
    Cuir Ottoman i will test tomorrow but so far im liking(not loving though)
    Last edited by d4N13L; 21st August 2012 at 01:17 AM.

Mona di Orio's Leather is rather good. Not feminine to my nose and good sillage/longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Mona di Orio's Leather is rather good. Not feminine to my nose and good sillage/longevity.
    More like a cannibal !

CUIR is an extremely hard fragrance to pull off. Most people only get an ashtray and incense note from it.

After buying a sample I realized that I couldn't dare walk out of my apartment with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I just received my Cuir Ottoman today. Its in the middle between Cuir de Russie (soft leather) and Cuir Mauresque (raw leather).

So far i prefer Cuir de Russie, perfection in a bottle.
    Cuir Mauresque i really hate (that raw and crude leather isnt my type).
    Cuir Ottoman i will test tomorrow but so far im liking(not loving though)
    Im wearing Cuir Ottoman today. Its a very good fragrance.
    It opens kinda strange, raw leather (maybe its what some people were calling shoe polish?) with something like rubber. But it goes away very fast and the fragrance change to a very comforting, sweet and warm leather.

Its good but its reminding me Shalimar Parfum Initial. Its just me?

Why doesn't Or Black get much of a mention when we talk about leathers?
    I know others find this dark but this is the easiest wearing leather I have. Office, home, out - it works anytime.

Apart from that check out Cuir Pleine Fleur and Parfum d'Habit.

@ d4N13L, it's probably the iris that's reminding you of SPI. I find the iris in CO quite prominent.

From your list, Chanel Cuir De Russie is the hands-down winner.

There are other leathers out there but Chanel still trumps them (except maybe the Creed version, but let's not go there).

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
    No love for Bel Ami, one of my most respected scents?