Code of Conduct

Default Bois du Portugal

What is exactly that makes so special and dear to everyone this fragrance?

Default Re: Bois du Portugal

Classy, uber masculine powerhouse. I can only wear it a few times a year, it's really formal. Unbelievably long lasting for a Creed scent. Don Draper in a bottle.

Last edited by adonis; 4th January 2011 at 06:48 AM.

The fact that it smells great?

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    The fact that it smells great?
    Fu*ckin a, it is masculine, woodsy, smoky, powerful, formal, commanding, dark, mysterious, classy and dangerous all at the same time. This is what the Sean Connery James Bond would wear in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Fu*ckin a, it is masculine, woodsy, smoky, powerful, formal, commanding, dark, mysterious, classy and dangerous all at the same time. This is what the Sean Connery James Bond would wear in my opinion.
    Exactly!

If I had to choose one and only one fragrance to wear, Creed BdP might be it. I love the smell and the way it lasts on me. It's available and, IMO, affordable too. This was the 4th Creed fragrance I tried and the first one that was love at first wearing. Bought a 75ml spray bottle and followed up with a 250ml flacon.

Martin

Sur la Plage

It smells good.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It hit me with a ton of brick when I first tried it from a vial that Diane (from TPC) had sent me a few years ago.
    I caved in and got a 30 ml decant from Diane, then I bought a tester online (which was different and a flop but still had about 70% of the scent character).
    What swept me off the floor is how CHIC and complete it was. No charting new territories and no oud mania. Just a chic cologne that is so eloquent and lithe. Citrusy and powdery in a very gentlemanly way, and then the killer balanced woodiness. It's perfection. I bow to you BdP. Be always with me.

It seems that i`m missing this one. Will add to my list of fragrances that i need to buy a decant/sample.
    Was it reformulated too?

It`s nothing hip and modern about it. It`s a classical, warm, masculine, spicy, timeless, great fragrance for gentlemen. White iron shirt is obligatory!

I don't wear it because it's great.....

It's great because I WEAR IT!

I find it to be a very well refined, great smelling scent.

It's amazing, when I bought my Aventus flacon they gave me a free 1oz of anything else in a sprayer and boy have I really fell in love with this one. It's more linear than some of the other ones I have tested but in a Great way. You keep some of that spicy warm goodness the whole way through and there's this awesome lipstick note to me that's just crazy sexy.

Totally manly smelling to me but classy not macho. I had to leave the tester at home because I was losing time at work sniffing the cap nonstop! It's that good, just addictive.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I prefer vintage Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur, because it's very high quality and it's got a leather note, rather than being a "woody oriental," like BdP. However, for those who prefer the wood to the leather, BdP is great, though of course one might consider it overpriced.

Tell us how you really feel, DavidBond007. lol
    - Expect the unexpected

Bois du Portugal definitely fits the classic masculine fragrance niche. This is one of my top five favorite Creed scents.
    - Expect the unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    Tell us how you really feel, DavidBond007. lol
    I think I did lol.

I just got my sample from Beauty Encounter. I hope a 28 year old can pull this off....I'm going to try tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I just got my sample from Beauty Encounter. I hope a 28 year old can pull this off....I'm going to try tomorrow.
    I bought it at 24, trust me if you want class in a bottle this is for you. This would be Gordon Gekko's or Donald Trump's scent.

I bought it at 24, trust me if you want class in a bottle this is for you. This would be Gordon Gekko's or Donald Trump's scent.
    LOL....You've just insulted BdP. Trump may be rich, but class is not his strong suit, IMO.

At last a thread with no Creed name in it

Do you think this scent may be worn all year round; Even the hot summer months?

Quote Originally Posted by sailim View Post
    Wearing it on a summer afternoon might be pushing it, but I have to echo everyone else that it is a great fragrance - absolutely one of Creed's best. It's woods and orange with a dusting of powder. Pure class.

I find it one of the most refined colognes that i ever tried. Lasts all day on me.
    Love at the first smell for me. I will give one to my father, and im planning to buy one to myself.

really..it have a very refined quality warm tones

really..it have a very refined quality warm tones
    Do we answer here?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/274...quot-in-summer

I read often that this is a mellow perfume, which I agree. But do you think is inappropriate for a young man, around 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    I had to leave the tester at home because I was losing time at work sniffing the cap nonstop! It's that good, just addictive.
    Heh! I have that problem with some perfumes.
    Last edited by Aiona; 30th July 2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: might be speaking too soon to say "not about Bois du Portugal"
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

To me (and this is NO covert publicity, just a personal, albeit very pleasant impression) this scent conveys a feeling of rich yet subtle notes, anything from the crisp citrus topnotes to the lavishly textured, slightly dark yet calm, earthy, almost scenic basenotes

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Classy, uber masculine powerhouse. I can only wear it a few times a year, it's really formal. Unbelievably long lasting for a Creed scent. Don Draper in a bottle.

you mean Dick Whitman? (just kidding, I agree)

Wow, now I want to try this stuff. Gonna get a sample and a small bottle if I like it enough since my GF is always dragging me along to suit and tie events. Only 22 though so it will be interesting if I can pull this off without coming across as too 'serious' is probably the word I would use.

Any age could pull BdP off, as long as it is accompanied by a suit/tie and/or confidence.

I agree, this is "class in a bottle." I'm not a big fan of the Creeds I've sampled, except for this one.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2