Code of Conduct

Default Creed Himalaya - Is it EdP, EdT, or are there two versions?

I think this is my first post, so hi everyone... (edit: actually it's the second )

I've been wearing fragrances for more than 18 years, but only recently (partly because of this website) I got interested in trying and owning several fragrances at a time... I used to only buy one bottle per year, but in the last month I bought several...

I am looking to buy a bottle of Creed Himalaya and yesterday I found a good deal on www.cheapsmells.co.uk on a 120ml Eau de Parfum version. It was just 8 euros more expensive than the Eau de Toilette on the same site.

Today I looked and there's no Eau de Parfum anymore. I googled Creed Himalaya and sometimes the stores describe it as Eau de Toilette, sometimes as Eau de Parfum. This got me confused...

Are there really two different versions or are the stores just describing it differently but in reality there's only one version of Himalaya?

Thanks!

Default Re: Creed Himalaya - Is it EdP, EdT, or are there two versions?

I spotted that a while back... I think it's just Cheapsmells getting it wrong! I'm sure you'll get a better answer from the CREED fans!
    LOST! in scent and music

Its just cheapsmells putting the wrong terminology on the website, From looking at what they have in stock everything is an EDP apart from the Epicea they have which is classed as an EDT.

I believe it is an EDP.

Thanks for the replies!

I found a thread discussing the same issue with Erolfa and it looks like Creed doesn't make 2 concentrations of any given fragrance so it's probably a mistake from Cheapsmells!

for sure. Have you tried any Creeds yet?

Sure. I tried GIT, MI, Himalaya, and Aventus. Of these, I like Himalaya and Aventus best with GIT in third place.

I don't know what note in Millesime Imperiale causes me not to like it (I have felt the same with Ed Hardy's Love & Luck and can definitely see why people think they smell alike - they do to me too). It seems like there's a salty note or maybe just the melon topnotes that I don't enjoy that much.

I also felt that the drydown was more interesting on those 3 that I preferred than on MI.

I'm not buying Aventus at the moment because of price and availability, so the 2nd on my list is Himalaya. I have owned and still have a small decant of Paco Rabanne XS and could see the similarity with Himalaya in the top notes. However, I wore Himalaya on one hand and XS on the other and after a while didn't smell XS at all but could still smell the heart/base notes of Himalaya.

I still need to try less "fresh" Creeds (I guess Original Santal, Royal English Leather, etc).

Thanks!