Code of Conduct

Default Givaudan mystery

I recently bought Givaudan EDT pour homme on eBay (75mls) for £1. I have contacted Givaudan but have heard nothing. I have now had a chance to try it and I am pleasantly surprised. It is a typical 70s/ 80s leather chypre- very like Aramis and even more like Azuree. the top notes are harsh as might be expected but then it turns quite herbal and leathery with a touch of tobacco. Its drydown is pure moss and patchouli. A really beautiful fragrance but still a mystery. I wonder if it was an in-house gift or a tester for the industry. In any case, I am thrilled to bits with the purchase and will treasure this as I doubt I will ever see another again.

Default Re: Givaudan mystery

Quote Originally Posted by joelarner View Post
    I doubt I will see another again.
    You're probably right about that.

Default Re: Givaudan mystery

Quote Originally Posted by joelarner View Post
    I recently bought Givaudan EDT pour homme on eBay (75mls) for £1. I have contacted Givaudan but have heard nothing. I have now had a chance to try it and I am pleasantly surprised. It is a typical 70s/ 80s leather chypre- very like Aramis and even more like Azuree. the top notes are harsh as might be expected but then it turns quite herbal and leathery with a touch of tobacco. Its drydown is pure moss and patchouli. A really beautiful fragrance but still a mystery. I wonder if it was an in-house gift or a tester for the industry. In any case, I am thrilled to bits with the purchase and will treasure this as I doubt I will ever see another again.
    I'm glad of your purchase and that you liked it, but I honestly don't understand why you made a new thread instead of updating the old one...-

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...t=#post2231102

C'mon man, why this new thread? (Not that it's a big deal for me, but still...)

Btw, I didn't get any response for my mail, either.