Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Amouage Jubilation XXV and what I'm missing

I don't know about Amouage batch variations, but mine literally deconstructs the term olfactory fatigue. It has grrreat sillage and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by leto View Post
    I don't know about Amouage batch variations, but mine literally deconstructs the term olfactory fatigue. It has grrreat sillage and longevity.
    I guess I'll have to take a chance and buy a bottle. I was waiting to try out Honour, which smells very nice, but it can't hold a candle to Jube XXV, as I already supposed...
    I just hope and pray that it'll have a bit more longevity than my sample...

I figured I should update this thread in the case that it's ever used as a reference point for another curious buyer with a similar concern in the future. After cutting down to one spray, I realized that at the time of the first post, I was suffering from SEVERE olfactory fatigue. With only one spray, I could smell it well over 13 hours from the same decant that I could only initially perceive for 15 minutes. Ended up buying the full bottle.

This one battles your nose into submission if you over spray.

And both of Igor01's posts were spot-on descriptions of what was happening with me. Just took some time for my nose to adjust to it. Glad I came back to it, as this one is just immaculate IMO.
    Last edited by Partario; 17th October 2011 at 01:31 PM.

You may be right. I did eventually buy a bottle and even if I lost track of the fragrance while I was wearing it, on my shirt it did smell steady for quite some time...

That one is on my wish list. What would be the most reputable place to order one and not be afraid to get some older stock that could have longevity problems.
    Last edited by tiberije; 17th October 2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

I'm willing to buy a tester. Old testers are EDT, while current ones are EDP. Is anyone experienced about some difference about sillage and fix of these? Would this matter be the reason to some individual discrepancies about this question?

I bought mine from Escentual. They had an Amouage sample set of nearly all their male and female fragrances that was discounted with a subsequent full bottle purchase. Great deal, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I figured I should update this thread in the case that it's ever used as a reference point for another curious buyer with a similar concern in the future. After cutting down to one spray, I realized that at the time of the first post, I was suffering from SEVERE olfactory fatigue. With only one spray, I could smell it well over 13 hours from the same decant that I could only initially perceive for 15 minutes. Ended up buying the full bottle.

This one battles your nose into submission if you over spray.

And both of Igor01's posts were spot-on descriptions of what was happening with me. Just took some time for my nose to adjust to it. Glad I came back to it, as this one is just immaculate IMO.
    I need to try this, becuase i'm wearing 3 sprays today and i'm having trouble detecting it. Maybe its too much, but still with other scents i have, when i spray to much i sure as hell know i did becuase i feel like a bubble of the scent is around me...so not sure if its fatigue or not.

Again, if you spray on yourself and then smell yourself an hour later and can't smell anything, ask a friend.

Chances are it is only YOU who cannot smell it.

I would bet real money that Jubilation XXV has sufficient longevity on anyone. I can smell it on a shirt literally DAYS after having sprayed it on skin. This is the case with many fragrances. If you're trying a reputed longevity/projection monster and find it to be doing neither... how do you know? You can't smell yourself from further away, and you can't smell yourself after your brain filters out what it perceives as olfactory noise.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N 2

I'm happy that I found this thread.
    I received my 1st Amouage yesterday .
    I bought for myself Jubilation XXV.

I am sooooo frustrated 15 sec. after spraying , even 1 spray , I cant detect the scent anymore

I have many perfumes , over 60 , I guess. Some of them really potent (Montale) some are soft - I dont have this problem with ANY of my other fragrances.

I shelled out 300$ for a scent that 15 sec after application (even םמshirt or paper) I have to put my nose right on top of it in order to smell it

Any tips for me about it ?
    Last edited by ace11; 31st January 2013 at 12:18 PM.

Double post
    Last edited by ace11; 31st January 2013 at 11:52 AM.

@ace11

It's olfactory fatigue. I had the same problem until I wore it a few times.

Do an extremely light appliation somewhere low on your body (like 1 or 1/2 a spray on your stomach for example). There's something Amouage uses that completely shocks your senses into thinking they're not there, as I tried out Memoir for the first time yesterday, and am experiencing the whole XXV thing all over again.
    Last edited by Partario; 31st January 2013 at 04:49 PM.

double post
    Last edited by ace11; 31st January 2013 at 06:24 PM.

@Partario

So , after few times in which you applied 1 spray only .....did return to apply more than 1 spray and still smell the fragrance all day ?

Do people around you smell you after 4 hours with only 1 spray on stomach ?
    Last edited by ace11; 31st January 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Not sure if others around smelled with only 1 spray, but I could smell it. I just had to get my nose used to it. I've worn it recently a few times (usually only two or three sprays) and have received compliments several hours after application. Start with just a tiny amount, and you'll probably find out after a while that it lasts longer than you initially thought.

@ Partario

Thank you for your advice. I followed it and found out that you were right.