Code of Conduct

Thread: New Haarlem

Banned

Default New Haarlem

Just wondering how well this one projects and what the longevity is like? I'm looking for a BIG fragrance that makes a big impression for most of the day!

Default Re: New Haarlem

It's a beast. I can't wear it in the summer time, but others have said that with light application it's doable.

Quote Originally Posted by ahep2007 View Post
    Just wondering how well this one projects and what the longevity is like? I'm looking for a BIG fragrance that makes a big impression for most of the day!
    This one will fit all your requests

Also, try ROchas Man Intense

Yeah it projects and lasts well. Everyone (except me) loves this fragrance, go for it if you can afford it!

It lasts a long time though it is very sweet like maple syrup. As others have said Rochas Man is worth checking out as well.

New Haarlem fits the bill in all ways. A great frag. Just for the record it doesn't smell like maple syrup, Sables by Annick Goutal smells like maple syrup because of immortelle. New Haarlem has no immortelle.

I think I saw this for 75quid on Amazon for 100ml, did I actually see it or does it cost more than this?

It is undoubtedly powerful and long-lasting, but I'd suggest testing first. I like the idea of a coffee fragrance, but this was just to sweet and artificial smelling side to it. One of those gourmands that made me queasy.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Also, try ROchas Man Intense
    Yes try Rochas man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    I think I saw this for 75quid on Amazon for 100ml, did I actually see it or does it cost more than this?
    I did have a quick look on ebay, ended up getting it from somewhere else though; £120 for 100ml. Not a bad price considering I've seen it online for upwards of £160. Also, many thanks for the help guys, have gone for a bottle of Rochas Man intense as well; thought it would be good as a comparison and at £18 it was a steal!

Is it sickly sweet and intense like AG Sables?

It's nothing like Sables, but if anything, I'd say it's much much sweeter and has bigger sillage ( though slightly less tenacity; Sables lasts heroically ). Sables is all about immortelle, NH is more like a coffee... slushy ( with apologies to fans ).

I did have a quick look on ebay, ended up getting it from somewhere else though; £120 for 100ml. Not a bad price considering I've seen it online for upwards of £160. Also, many thanks for the help guys, have gone for a bottle of Rochas Man intense as well; thought it would be good as a comparison and at £18 it was a steal!
    Where did you buy NH for 120?

And how does Rochas Man Intense compare to Rochas Man? Better projection/sillage?

New Haarlem would be good for what you're wanting. At certain times in this fragrance, it's my favorite scent I own. Great stuff..although, I agree with the above, this is not something I wear during the warmer months. Good luck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    Where did you buy NH for 120?

And how does Rochas Man Intense compare to Rochas Man? Better projection/sillage?
    I've ordered it from perfumestyle and paid £20 for priority shipping on top of the £120. I'll let you know how it compares to RM/RMI as they should arrive soon.

For me it lasts for about 8 hours before it stays close to the skin. I also find that it doesn't project very well after the first few hours. It's strong but not a powerhouse like Joop PH or A*men in my experience.

I've said it many times before but, IMHO, New Haarlem is the finest gourmand I've ever smelled, period. After going through several smaller bottles, I recently purchased the large bottle. It's one of my holy grail scents that I will never be without. I always avoided wearing it in summer based mainly on what others have said on BN, but lately I've been wearing it during a heat wave and found it to be work wonderfully.

By the way, I've always found the Rochas Man comparison to be a bit misplaced. To my nose, Rochas Man is to New Haarlem as Buick is to BMW.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

it definitely lasts all day for me 8+ hours.

I'm excited to try this one. I'll get the chance next week when I hit Vegas.