Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: New Creed 250 year anniversary scent!! Spy Photo Cairomerta style!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    What's the batch number?
    This is hilarious!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Just been emailed the notes list by Erwin:

Top notes: Unicorn horn, Rainbow difused light
    Heart notes: Adamantium, Maria Ozawa's underpants
    Basenotes: Michael Jacksons ashes (this will be too ashy for some of you lightweights), Ambergris

Who's up for a split?
    I almost passed out when I read this.....Hilarious!!!
    Gary

Is the 250th anniversary scent $1300 or $1750, and for how much?

1300?? Are you sure that not the batch number???

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I was able to get a small sample of the Creed 250 year anniversary fragrance from a fumehead friend recently. This is a clean unisex (but slightly feminine leaning) fragrance that might be described as (a more natural smelling) Original Cologne meets White Flowers. There is a dose of bergamot in the top but the citrus opening quickly gives way to a very pleasant and wonderful floral and light musk that takes me near but not beyond my floral limit. Similar to other recent Royal Exclusive frags, the 250 year anniversary fragrance is somehat light and sheer-- not heavy and full bodied like many of the Creed heritage fragrances. I do like it but it is not one that I must have (my wallet is thankful). This one will be for holiday shoppers with very deep pockets who will relish the exclusivity of it--and I imagine the customers will not necessarily be fine fragrance afficianados. At about the same time the 2011 limted edition of Feuille Verte will be released. THAT is the release I have been looking forward to with great anticipation!

Martin
    Sounds incredibly boring, slightly disappointing but more relieving than anything. I also am looking forward to the Feuille Verte re-release more, especially after reading this.

It will probably be great. Just like experiencing the exclusive Original Cologne, then feeling like it is a bargain at $575

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    Is the 250th anniversary scent $1300 or $1750, and for how much?
    I deliberately did not post the price I heard ($1750) to begin with because I didn't want to generate a Creed bashfest. I'd have been very disappointed had I loved the frag and felt it was a must have because, to be honest, I can't really afford it right now. I understand the flacon is 200ml but I'm not certain. This release is not really aimed at fragrance afficianados IMO. It's more or less a high luxe item $ales opportunity for Creed and the exclusive vendors like Neiman's. Feuille Verte is the release for us fragrance lovers! Plus, there are bound to be some new things in the pipeline for 2012. Something for everyone As a consumer, its great to have choices. I love Creed but certainly not everything they make or market.

Martin

Aren't Clive Christian scents even more expensive than this? That's some expensive sauce! That said, it's obviously made for a few, not the general public.

Folks that are irritated by this are probably still pissed at the success of Aventus. That stuff is good, and people hate that.

To the OP - thanks for posting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    1300?? Are you sure that not the batch number???
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    This release is not really aimed at fragrance afficianados IMO. It's more or less a high luxe item $ales opportunity for Creed and the exclusive vendors like Neiman's. Feuille Verte is the release for us fragrance lovers! ...

Martin
    Exactly. I think you're right - Creed is coming up with different Christmas gifts for different subsets of the clientele. Not a bad idea, actually.

Interesting, but I fear disappointment. So much of a Creed's price likely depends on sources and labor which means if the fragrance depends on 2 or 3 factors 1.) RARE ingredients 2.) LOTS of #1 OR 3.) complex design or is labor intensive . Scarcity doesn't always mean likable -- which is a matter of taste. Analogically, if you made a dish with Fugu, Almas caviar, 1995 Château Haut-Brion Red Bordeaux Pessac Leognan wine, Yubari melon, and white Alba truffle it probably would taste OK, but it would doubtfully be so likable as to justify the cost. You'd get a better high smoking a $10 rock of crack.

There's an update about it on the website...

To mark the successful start in 2011 of CREED’s next 250 years, sixth-generation master perfumer Olivier CREED in Paris will present a new fragrance this fall in the U.S. and Canada: Royal Service, a unique limited-edition creation hand blended with flowers, fruits and spices from CREED scents worn by royal and famous women the CREED dynasty has served since 1760, plus hand selected essences with a most modern touch. This singular fragrance is a masterfully crafted and personal journey through CREED’s creations for queens, empresses, princesses and First Ladies, the world’s most exceptional clientele in fragrance. Royal Service will be presented in a never-before-seen hand-blown 6.8 ounce glass decanter with a numbered leather collar, a vessel never again to be produced. Fewer than 300 will be offered in the U.S., exclusively at www.creedboutique.com, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, the CREED boutique at 794 Madison Avenue at 67th Street in New York (1.877.273.3344) and in Canada at Holt Renfrew. To stay informed of the debut of Royal Service, please sign up for our free e-newsletter here: http://tinyurl.com/3kxv9f9.
    I'm a little surprised their 250th anniversary fragrance isn't even unisex. Its 100% feminine by design.

Crappy name too.