Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New Creed 250 year anniversary scent!! Spy Photo Cairomerta style!!

I was able to snap these pics. This is whats coming around December 5th and will be $1300 or more. Very limited and no notes are being released right now so they don't have it copied. (Wink wink Bond No. 9)

Default Re: New Creed 250 year anniversary scent!! Spy Photo Cairomerta style!!

Thanks, but I'm more interested in other things.
    Last edited by pluran; 1st August 2011 at 08:29 PM.

imagine the splits. 300 dollars for 50mL

$1300!?
    What a freaking joke.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

i can't wait!

$$$$$.....This seems crazy to me in this slow economy.....I'm sure there will be those that purchase this.....not me that's for sure!!!
    Thanks for the info and pictures cairomerta!!!
    Gary

The bottle size is 500ml, to justify the huge price tag?

What's the batch number?

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    What's the batch number?
    Perhaps there's only one batch. Number is: T-O-0-M-U-C-H-7-8-$-$
    -

For that price I cannot imagine it not being pure extrait. It should be highly potent stuff I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    For that price I cannot imagine it not being pure extract. It should be highly potent stuff I would think.
    I should say thanks for posting the pic. Probably a web world exclusive I assume. Lets hope it doesn't turn into a "Way to much $$$" or Creed bashing thread (many other houses have put out "exclusives" for $3000+ )
    -

Aspentus

Custom made for the great Napoleon himself. Oh wait.... is that historically accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    $$$$$.....This seems crazy to me in this slow economy.....I'm sure there will be those that purchase this.....not me that's for sure!!!
    Thanks for the info and pictures cairomerta!!!
    Gary
    If you can afford a $1300 frag the bumps in the economy probably don't matter so much... I don't think extremely high end luxury items are affected by economic swings as much as other products.

That said, it's a free economy and I wish Creed the best of luck selling their stuff. I have been impressed by a few Creeds so I think the new frag could be great, but unfortunately... I will probably never know.

Isn't this one supposed to be a feminine fragrance? Thanks for the photo of the Pochet flacon.

Martin

If the anniversary was 2010, why is this coming out in December, 2011?

What's the batch number?
    Two batches, no discernable difference:
    ALOL42OMG11WTF
    4WAY22MFXSMUCH

Just been emailed the notes list by Erwin:

Top notes: Unicorn horn, Rainbow difused light
    Heart notes: Adamantium, Maria Ozawa's underpants
    Basenotes: Michael Jacksons ashes (this will be too ashy for some of you lightweights), Ambergris

Who's up for a split?

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Heart notes: Maria Ozawa's underpants
    In for one!!
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    If the anniversary was 2010, why is this coming out in December, 2011?
    I don't know if this is a fact, but I had heard that Olivier was not initially satisfied and/ or the fragrance was not ready. I'm curious what sort of fragrance this is.

Martin

Just been emailed the notes list by Erwin:

Top notes: Unicorn horn, Rainbow difused light
    Heart notes: Adamantium, Maria Ozawa's underpants
    Basenotes: Michael Jacksons ashes (this will be too ashy for some of you lightweights), Ambergris

How much, Creed must have found the fabled fountain of youth and has bottled it.lol

Yall slag it but you knows you gunna be fallin over yourselves to get a decant Crazy money but hey if you can afford it then good on you

I'm almost more intrigued about the fabulous amount of PR balderadash this will generate. I doubt the fragrance will be any better than, say, the crazily priced Clive Christians, which are, after all, just the usual contemporary blend of aromachemicals and naturals (nothing one wouldn't find in a $30 bottle of Caron puh etc. pp.). Like with most high-priced perfumes, this will be artificially generated exclusivity via wanton pricing, rathern than genuine exclusivity based on limited availability of ingredients or production capacity.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by kron View Post
    just been emailed the notes list by erwin:

Top notes: Unicorn horn, rainbow difused light
    heart notes: Adamantium, maria ozawa's underpants
    basenotes: Michael jacksons ashes (this will be too ashy for some of you lightweights), ambergris

who's up for a split?
    lol!

I think it's a great idea actually. In commemoration of their longstanding, charge a rate of about $5.20 for every year they've been a house for the anniversary scent. Or a rate of $32.50 for every year that they've actually been making perfume for. Depends on how you look at it. It all makes perfect sense.

Pass.
    Last edited by Partario; 31st July 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Jazznpool, latest word is that it is indeed UNISEX. Not feminine. This makes sense. I expect this to transcend a lot of categories.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I'm almost more intrigued about the fabulous amount of PR balderadash this will generate. I doubt the fragrance will be any better than, say, the crazily priced Clive Christians, which are, after all, just the usual contemporary blend of aromachemicals and naturals (nothing one wouldn't find in a $30 bottle of Caron puh etc. pp.). Like with most high-priced perfumes, this will be artificially generated exclusivity via wanton pricing, rathern than genuine exclusivity based on limited availability of ingredients or production capacity.
    Expect the plants to also raise the stakes through anticipatory drooling and absurdly ecstatic comments. Besides the already known, expect lots of August- and September-registered new BN-ers, who coincidentally, starting with post no. 5, happen to inquire about the new masterpiece, which I suppose might include some essence of leather. painstakingly squeezed by Erwin from Elvis Presley's personal pants collection, according to a Creed family formula guarded for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by mazeltov View Post
    expect the plants to also raise the stakes through anticipatory drooling and absurdly ecstatic comments. Besides the already known, expect lots of august- and september-registered new bn-ers, who coincidentally, starting with post no. 5, happen to inquire about the new masterpiece, which i suppose might include some essence of leather. Painstakingly squeezed by erwin from elvis presley's personal pants collection, according to a creed family formula guarded for centuries.
    Haha!

I would simple this but not buy it,sadly creed is going down in quality while upping prices. Relics like vintage tabarome are not the norm from this house on top of their reforulations and subpar new releases I personally am becoming disheartened by this house.

If I ever win Lotto, maybe I'd consider buying this....

Its ridiculous to offer something only very few can enjoy. What is the message here? Creed only wants the select few to participate in celebration of their company? To me, offering such a product doesn't celebrate the majority of people that keep their company strong.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Its ridiculous to offer something only very few can enjoy. What is the message here? Creed only wants the select few to participate in celebration of their company? To me, offering such a product doesn't celebrate the majority of people that keep their company strong.
    It's the message around which the entire brand image is built: royalty, celebrity, exclusivity. Wear Creed, the scents of Kings and glitterati. Be exclusive, rise above the masses (never mind that I've failed to see Prince Charles at Costco shopping for GIT to this date ). Rather conventional sales strategy in the "deluxe mass market" I would say.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Like with most high-priced perfumes, this will be artificially generated exclusivity via wanton pricing, rathern than genuine exclusivity based on limited availability of ingredients or production capacity.
    at this point, I think it fair to say that Creed can pretty much charge whatever they want for a scent, regardless of the bottle's contents (or in spite of them, one could argue). personally, I'm altogether nonplussed by all this forced "exclusivity;" Nathan Branch recently reported on his blog about Hermes components factory-manufactured in factories in Asia, and some of their leather stitching, long performed by human hands, has also gone the way of the machine.

in the luxury goods marketplace, the concepts of value and cost are becoming increasingly arbitrary, and are more based on theory than pragmatic reality.

in spite of all this... oh, what I would pay for a truly vintage formulation of vintage Tabarome. if only. Creed, please take note.

[hope it's ok to pull out a quote from you, t_g_l.]

mmm another designer ripoff with royal natural materials and appointed by Queen Elizabeth II by royal Email 250 years ago?

What's the batch number?
    This was the funniest thing I have read here in ages! I couldn't stop laughing! (For real.)

Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    Jazznpool, latest word is that it is indeed UNISEX. Not feminine. This makes sense. I expect this to transcend a lot of categories.
    Care to enlighten those of us looking at a picture of a bottle (size and contents unknown) what this thread is actually about and where your information is coming from? I'm clearly missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Care to enlighten those of us looking at a picture of a bottle (size and contents unknown) what this thread is actually about and where your information is coming from? I'm clearly missing something here.
    easy tiger...

the info comes from the Creed Boutique in NYC, in my last conversation with them. is that cool with you? let me know...

Yeh, fine, thanks - so it's a mystery bottle, that's it then?

Thanks for the news.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Heart notes: ... Maria Ozawa's underpants
    Who's up for a split?
    Might be having a bit of selective memory problem here, but $1300 to split Maria Ozawa's underpants?? I'm IN!

I think I'll get a few back up bottles of the first batch, just in case they change!
    Last edited by boosh; 31st July 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by azsmells View Post
    what's the batch number?
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    mmm another designer ripoff with royal natural materials and appointed by Queen Elizabeth II by royal Email 250 years ago?
    mmm another clueless cliche reply which adds nothing to the topic, We've already got a Mazeltroll on the forum thanks.

Lets have a few more educated people instead

I'm so excited, I can't contain myself...
    Let your nose be your pilot

mmm another clueless cliche reply which adds nothing to the topic, We've already got a Mazeltroll on the forum thanks.
    LMAO!

He's here, he's here,
    Oh let the bells toll,
    Everybody turn around,
    Its Mazel-Troll!!!,

He's only here to comment on Creed,
    Even though he hates Green Irish Tweed,
    He's been banned before, But he always comes back,
    Thats because he's on a roll, Ya'll watch your back !

He's here, he's here,
    Oh let the bells toll,
    We know he hates Creed, But thinks Erwin's a doll
    Thats our Mazel-troll!
    -

Banned
    Blog Entries

Seriously, the Creed haters have pretty much ruined basenotes for me. That said, I look forward to reviews on this particular Creed from serious members.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Seriously, the Creed haters have pretty much ruined basenotes for me. That said, I look forward to reviews on this particular Creed from serious members.
    I consider myself a serious member and have never been counted among Creed haters or Creed lovers.......but are you serious? $1300 for yet another release and yet another thread for shills to continue bumping?

Maybe a section devoted to this house should have a forum all its own for all the devotees. The Creed "Insiders" are beginning to ruin the male forum for me.......and I don't think I am alone in this train of thought.

I thank the kind Creed salesmen for their attention, but I really believe that the dignity of this forum is above this kind of childish attacks, so I will not respond in kind. (I have to admit it though, for a Creed agent it was pretty impressive to notice that "Creed" and "Tweed" [somewhat] rhyme.)

Just one more observation: responding to any stimulus whatsoever with an automatic Creed-worshiping behavioral pattern does not equate being educated, in the real world.

Best wishes to all.
    Last edited by Mazeltov; 31st July 2011 at 07:04 PM.

I'm neither a Creed hater nor a devoted fan, yet I am very much interested in reading actual reviews about this and I find the OP's pic interesting. All this Pro/Contra Creed-talk is indeed getting tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    The bottle size is 500ml, to justify the huge price tag?
    Where does it say 500ml? The huge price tag is about exclusivity and the well heeled demographic the scent is targeted for, methinks.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    Expect the plants to also raise the stakes through anticipatory drooling and absurdly ecstatic comments. Besides the already known, expect lots of August- and September-registered new BN-ers, who coincidentally, starting with post no. 5, happen to inquire about the new masterpiece, which I suppose might include some essence of leather. painstakingly squeezed by Erwin from Elvis Presley's personal pants collection, according to a Creed family formula guarded for centuries.
    I can't understand why the mods have allowed you to do an end run around them again Addict/ Mazel-troll in a blatant display of disrespect toward them and the BN community. Seldom, if ever, have I seen a helpul post from you. Your shenanigans result in locked threads. Everyone else has to abide by forum decorum and rules but you. Nice!

Martin

Huge price-tag is not uncommon to Creed... but this is really HUGE. Where are they suppose to sell this limited quantity? Are they going to send samples to retailers? Will this be an "buy it blind or don't buy at all" because it's unique and limited?

And sorry about the ripoff comment, but i was very enthusiastic about getting my first creed little bottle and I feel very underwhelmed by it right now. I won't add more about this for the health of the topic.

Anyway, 1300$? they should think more about those poor creed fans who make the brand what it is nowadays and that are willing to pay a lot but not that much for a fragrance. Let's celebrate our 250 years with our fans, not with a limited quantity of big expenders.

Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    That is good news Fume. I wonder what type of fragrance it will be? If it is an aquatic, I'd have no interest. I suppose more information will be available as we move toward the end of the year. And, maybe a few of our AZB bretheren will have an advanced sniff. By the time this one is available, I will have already spent myself into a coma on flacons Feuille Verte.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I consider myself a serious member and have never been counted among Creed haters or Creed lovers.......but are you serious? $1300 for yet another release and yet another thread for shills to continue bumping?

Maybe a section devoted to this house should have a forum all its own for all the devotees. The Creed "Insiders" are beginning to ruin the male forum for me.......and I don't think I am alone in this train of thought.
    Just don't read the Creed threads then AE. Then you'll have perfect peace. I pass on reading about 90% of the forum as I don't care about Pure Malt or pantydroppers or whatever. I buy and wear fragrances other than Creed, but I love many of Creed's fragrances and this is the place to discuss them. No shills here, just BN fragrance enthusiasts.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Just don't read the Creed threads then AE. Then you'll have perfect peace.
    You should apply this precept when you attack fellow BaseNoters who happen not to share the jihadist Creed Credo.

You flatter yourself if you believe you abide by forum decorum and rules: you don't!

Creed plants are a lot more aggressive towards the doubters than the doubters are towards the Creed plants.

You could always easily create some esoteric internet space in which any Creed criticism, no matter how mild, is met with virtual amputations, stonings, and whatever else you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Let's celebrate our 250 years with our fans, not with a limited quantity of big expenders.
    Here here!

Creed should perhaps consider selling a line of hats with a sign at the front that reads: "I am wealthy".

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Creed should perhaps consider selling a line of hats with a sign at the front that reads: "I am wealthy".

Just a thought.
    A splendid idea.

On the other hand, those hats would probably sell for $1599.99, so I say this could become a surrealist conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Isn't this at the very heart of the niche versus designer fragrance arguments that go on around here? Seriously, stating that something is out of reach for one group as a ridiculous thing is just as frequently pointed out when folks place some praise on a designer fragrance but the similar (in note, smell or artistic direction) and more expensive niche take is praised to new levels... because it's "more exclusive".

I'm not arguing nor putting up that you're "wrong"... just amazes me how further up the latter the exclusivity goes, the people that are more than likely left behind will say it's not a fair thing to limit whom can enjoy their offerings.

The majority doesn't support Creed. They started off as tailors to royalty. Limiting this to release to those type of folks is more aligned with their heritage than dropping their prices.

Not that I agree with it, I can see it that way.