Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Alrighty then.................so who/what is the Champion Note of perfumery..............

Vetiver, Lavender or....................?

I've been at this long enough now (2yrs.) that I'm guessing that the two most popular notes whether they be natural or artificial are the above mentioned ones.

• Or am I missing quite a few? Please take it easy on me, I'm not claiming to be a professional.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Default Re: Alrighty then.................so who/what is the Champion Note of perfumery..............

Oakmoss, Musk, Amber, Oud...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Alrighty then.................so who/what is the Champion Note of perfumery..............

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Oakmoss, Musk, Amber, Oud...
    In that order? Or are you just tossing out more?
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

In no particular order but they are/were all omnipresent notes in perfumery.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 31st July 2011 at 10:36 AM.

Hmmmmmm or are those the 2 notes that you find yourself drawn to based on combinations/accords that you like?

For example, I would say white flowers are the least used notes and I would know I am mistaken. I would claim that because I tend to avoid white flowers, especially if used in abundance in a particular perfume.

for swap/sale:

You're missing an awful lot.

As for 'most popular' (whatever that means) it's probably rose.

Why not talk about olfactory groups anyway, instead of single notes?

http://www.fragrancesoftheworld.com/...agrance-wheel/

Well, if we're talking most popular in the sense of most widely used, my guess is that it's some synthetic musk or some element of the various synthetic oakmoss accords that the big compounding companies have developed.

Probably something none of us has ever heard of.

Iso-E-Super?

At the moment, in terms of most regularly used and overused in both men's and women's frags, patchouli. Lavender and vetiver are still second tier stars on the women's side of things, especially in women's mainstream frags.

The two most popular (more common or most used) notes in perfumery are Rose and Jasmine

I would guess rose.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

The alcohol 'note' gets my vote.

Citrus for me

I'd say Musk, with little to no competition. It's widely present in perfumes from different regions and has countless variations, from heavy, dominant to fixative usage.

After that:

2. Rose
    3. Citrus (bigarade/bergemonte mainly)
    4. Sandalwood/cedar (Iso-e-Super)
    5. Amber

I'm tempted to say Vanilla but that's a very recent popstar. While Oakmoss is sort of dying out.

vanilla-tonkabean

Are you guys listening?????
    You may want to give your opinion, and that's OK, but that's only an opinion.
    The two more used notes in perfumery ARE Rose and Jasmine, the third is Bergamot

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Are you guys listening?????
    You may want to give your opinion, and that's OK, but that's only an opinion.
    The two more used notes in perfumery ARE Rose and Jasmine, the third is Bergamot
    Care to provide some evidence for that claim before you go running your mouth about how other folks "arent listening"?

Quote Originally Posted by justinp View Post
    Care to provide some evidence for that claim before you go running your mouth about how other folks "arent listening"?
    Yeah I would love some evidence. Mine were just guesses to be honest for someone who has access to both eastern and western perfumes.

Though I just used the basenotes search function to get some very rough evidence, and Musk got about 2000 matches, while Jasmine has half of that, and rose is at 1500, Sandalwood at 1350 and Amber at 1300. I know the basenotes search is not the most accurate form, but at least it's more evidence than you have provided so far. And I have not claimed that my post is more than an opinion (neither did anyone else as far as I'm concerned). You just made yourself look like a fool.

Your post is only claiming that your opinion is better than ours... unless you back it up with some evidence. And even if you do, it does not justify your cocky manners.

Musk
    Last edited by NONAME1996; 1st August 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Dependent

cinnamon-raspberry? hhahaha

this thread is kinda meaningless

As for the ones that have probably been some of the most vital to a variety of perfumers over the last hundred plus years:

Cedar
    Vetiver
    Jasmine
    Iris
    Last edited by pluran; 3rd August 2011 at 11:14 AM.