Code of Conduct

Question Annick Goutal Passion- Has it been reformulated?

I keep buying this, (okay on Ebay), and it smells weird, like a pesticide. I know I should probably go to a store and buy a fresh bottle, but now I'm afraid. Any long term users?

Default Re: Annick Goutal Passion- Has it been reformulated?

Yes, I think it's been reformulated within the last yearish. I haven't actually smelled the reformulation, though there was talk of a more pronounced tomato leaf note in the opening. Shame to hear that it smells off! I'm a loyalist of her early group of scents, and not so much the newer. Initially was mad for Songes, though it has a bitter, burned rubber undercurrent that my skin apparently amps, so it was a no! And to think that I bought Songes instead of a replacement bottle of Passion a couple of years ago. This is now sounding like even more of a tragic mistake....

I bought the edp on Christmas Eve. Now they only had an edt tester but the stock was edp. On me its gorgeous, I do get a hint of tomato leaf but not overwhelming at all. Have read that its not as powderful as before, quieter. My one has great sillage and lasting power. The one I bought the box looked a bit battered so I have the idea it might have been an older one, the store always only had two. The day I went only one left and looked as if the price had been adjusted as rip marks, so I thought it was from before the VAT rise last January. I have read that Annick Goutal's can turn rather quickly and need to be stored correctly. Perhaps the one you have bought had gone off slightly.
    DONNA

I had bought many times, and realized that it had lost that big "white flower" element. I don't know how else to describe it. I checked at Bergdorf and Bendels, and it was definately different. I don't know if it the jasmine part or what. I supplement it with Monyette Paris, and it smells almost like the old Passion by the end of the day. I would love a suggestion for something like it. God do I have to go to Paris and find out about this? I had gotten a swap several years ago from Germany and it reminded me of how fabulous it was. I'm wondering if Europe's versions might be different.