Code of Conduct

Default Blind buying! Ones in mind? Body Kouros, Bvlgari Black, The Dreamer.

Alright, well I own Love and Luck, Unforgivable, and L'eau D'issey Pour Homme. First 2? Meh. Issey? Not liking it so far.

I also own A*men and Kouros which are effing amazing to me. Both transform to something amazing.

So the ones in the title. Are they safe to blind buy?

Default Re: Blind buying! Ones in mind? Body Kouros, Bvlgari Black, The Dreamer.

The Dreamer, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Don't have any experience with the other two. Go to fragrancevials.com and order a vial of The Dreamer to see if you like it. $2.50, use code SAVE to save 15%.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu & Byredo - Mojave Ghost --------> [url]http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370214-Byredo-Mojave-Ghost-amp-Tom-Ford-Patchouli-Absolu/url]

Default Re: Blind buying! Ones in mind? Body Kouros, Bvlgari Black, The Dreamer.

I can't imagine not liking any of those....so yes from me....but it's always best to sample. I thought BK sucked at first, but the dry down is wonderful. People complain about The Dreamer's initial smell too, but I don't really find it that bad and it doesn't seem to last but a few short minutes.
    Last edited by Stew; 2nd August 2011 at 07:25 AM.

FWIW, I blind bought Body Kouros...and I like it. In my opinion, it would be the safest out of the one's you listed, although none of them really are safe.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

IMO only Body Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    IMO only Body Kouros.
    Agreed. Bulgari Black and the dreamer are pretty unique and for the most part have a love hate relationship with most people.

I have owned them all and The Dreamer is the only one I will keep. Amazing scent.

BB longevity sucks and it doesn't smell good
    BK smells like you mixed Vicks vapor rub with Karo Syrup
    VTD smells like tobacco, vanilla, florals, powder.......AMAZING

Yes, buy them all they are all good fragrances, or don't buy any of them and apply that dough towards something REALLY nice.

Didn't like Body Kouros, too much of a eucalyptus smell for me. Bulgari Black is good but has poor longevity on my skin.

I like all 3 but none of them is safe blind buy.

If you want daily fragrance I'd pick Dreamer (that is excellent as night out fragrance too).
    If you want night out fragrance I'd pick Body Kouros (that may be harder to wear daily).
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I would go with the dreamer. Like A men and kouros it is a unique scent.

I blind bought all three, Body Kouros is excellent, Dreamer is very good and Black is decent.

I would only confidenty recommend BK as a blind buy

I received Body Kouros blind and enjoy it, I find it very similar to Le Male. I tried Bvlgari Black and think it is nice, but, never really found it FBW. The Dreamer is one of my favorite scents, and was originally a blind buy (though I have repurchased it multiple times in at this point). I honestly believe that none of these are so polarizing that they wouldn't be a safe blind buy, however, I would say your best bet, taking in to account your likes and dislikes listed, would be Body Kouros (even though I much prefer the smell of The Dreamer and would recommend you get that one.)

Body Kouros and Bvlgari Black are very nice.....The Dreamer could be a different story!
    Gary

I just received my blind order of body kourous.I don't even understand how it smells.seems its not how its been described here.can't seem to find the sillage I bought it for.meanwhile,is it a hot or cold weather scent?