Code of Conduct

Default M7 reformulated version

Hey folks.

Wore M7 this past Saturday night (supposedly the reforumlated version) and got some great compliments from it. It's quite potent on my skin for the first 2 hours then gets close to the skin but still lasts for a very long time. In your opinion is it worth searching for the vintage version? I absolutely love this stuff.

Nick

Default Re: M7 reformulated version

The difference between the two is very minimal. The opening of the vintage might be more intense but the dry down is almost just the same. So if you are not able to find the vintage, don't feel bad. For the reformulated is good enough anyway.

The reformulation didn't kill M7 IMO. I have both, the opening is quite similar and the difference in the drydown, if any, is not noticeable on me.
    Current infatuations:

1. M7
    2. Encre Noire
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. A*Men
    5. Chergui

What a great scent, i gave it a shot In 90 degree weather In NJ and it wasn't cloying at all

It's a great scent. Any version you can get is worth it.

And just to be clear not discontinued right? I got mine at a perfume store in the mall..

I must be in the minority here because I can tell a huge difference between the reformulated and the original. Specifically in the Oud note. The original has a richness to it that the reformulated doesn't have. In my opinion it's the difference between an EDP and and EDT. Also I don't get near the longevity with the reformulated version.

I called YSL and the lady has confirmed that M7 has been discontinued In the Us within the last year. I don't know why the European website has it bit it doesn't give you an option to purchase it. So I'm assuming these online websites will have it for only so long.

I much prefer the reformulated version of M7. Its a 5 star fragrance for me and three sprays last the entire day.

The original is too medicinal and not very pleasant for me. I like the idea and concept, but it just did not work. Kudos to the YSL group for having the brains to improve on what was proving to be a bit of a sales disaster.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

i can't notice the difference but i used up my old bottle so havent compared. If you cant get it direct from "YSL" in the US, get it from another site on the internet. It's made by like, Shiseido or some other random company. The different branches of the company around the world just order whatever they think will sell in their territory, which is why discontinued doesnt always equate with out of production. Seems weird they cant sell 2 great scent like M7 & Kouros in America, but maybe they don't know what they're doing. Most knowledgeable people are faking.

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    i can't notice the difference but i used up my old bottle so havent compared. If you cant get it direct from "YSL" in the US, get it from another site on the internet. It's made by like, Shiseido or some other random company. The different branches of the company around the world just order whatever they think will sell in their territory, which is why discontinued doesnt always equate with out of production. Seems weird they cant sell 2 great scent like M7 & Kouros in America, but maybe they don't know what they're doing. Most knowledgeable people are faking.
    I really don't get what point you are trying to make here, or rather, what exactly are you saying ?

M7 is easy to find in the USA. But not at your local Walmart, Target, corner store...etc.

What do you mean by its made by "...some random company". ( You named Shiseido )

When you say, "...maybe they don't know what they're doing", who is they ?

What do you mean when you say "Most knowledgeable people are faking". Faking what ? Who are these people you are refering to ?

....just wondering
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !