0 0%
  • Bois Du Portugal

15 8.62%
  • Other

20 11.49%
  • None

7 4.02%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If you were to own (or buy) ONE bottle of CREED what would it be?

If you were to own/buy ONE bottle of CREED what would it be? Please Share!

To answer my question: It would be AVENTUS

Reason(s):
    - Nice longevity 6+ hours on my skin
    - Very versatile, any season on any occasion
    - Projects very well, not overbearing, compliments by the females
    - One of the best scents by CREED, and its very unique
    a. GIT is great but is commonly mistaken as Cool Water by Davidoff
    b. MI is great as well but is too similar to Unforgiveable by Sean Jean
    Last edited by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer; 3rd August 2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: shorten the question

Default Re: If you were to own (or buy) ONE bottle of CREED what would it be?

BdP

Aventus enjoys a unique profile for the time being, but it's only a matter of time before other houses try to make something similar for a lower price, as did Davidoff with Cool Water, e.g.

My favorite Creed is Green Valley; unfortunately it's been discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post

Reason(s):
    +1.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Sur la Plage

Other - Vintage Tabarome, Creed's best fragrance by miles and miles and miles over the others.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd August 2011 at 02:19 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Reason(s):
    +1

Plus, I just plain and simply enjoy the smell of Aventus more than any other Creeds I've tried.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

I'd have to go with GIT because it doesn't smell like Cool Water.

MI for me. Far better than any other aquatic I have worn.

Bois Du Portugal

Git

Very torn between Aventus, GIT, and SMW.

GIT, but hard to choose between BdP

Reason(s):
    I read the title, and immediately thought of Aventus, it is currently my gourmand of choice. But, for all around dress up or dress down I would say Royal Oud.

Angélique Encens

• Longevity: easily 4 -5 hours.
    • Versatile: the floral top over the amber and light incense works in most seasons.
    • Projects Well; compliments by the females: The girls really liked this on Marlene Dietrich, but those same girls probably won't notice it on a dude.
    • Unique: yes, an incense note way before incense was über trendy.

not that it's their best fragrance (because it's not), but i'd actually go with Aventus. so versatile, so well liked, and smells so good. it's amazing how i never get tired of this scent.

GIT, if you cant tell the difference between GIT and Cool Water maybe you should find a new hobby.

I would probably say VT if I wasn't concerned about getting cancer from it... I'll go with GIT for now...even thought there are a lot of "e's" up there, lol. Hard decision though, I love MI, BdP, Selection Verte, Aventus and SMW...

why isn't Windsor on there?

Bois du Portugal all the way

Aventus. It makes my mouth water. Amazing juice.

It would be Cuir de Russie.

Acier Alluminum or Chevefreuille

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Fortunately I don't have to choose to own only one. But if pressed, I'd say Windsor. It is simply magnificent and quite unique. It has excellent longevity too.

Martin

I own Virgin Island Water and Green Irish Tweed and love them both.

But purely for the fact that GIT can be worn all year round i'd go for that one. I love VIW, but I can't see me wearing it outside of the summer months.

Selection Verte

Reason(s):
    +1.

Green Irish Tweed is the definitive Creed fragrance and is the very essence of the company. I love many Creeds, but GIT is my all-time favorite scent.

From that list, I would pick VIW, though I am yet to try Royal Oud. However, my favourite Creed is Windsor, with honorable mentions going to Angelique Encens and Green Valley.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I currently only own one Creed and it is Aventus. I like its unique combination of uplifting green synthetics - it reminds of everything we used to like about many green chypre fragrances. I doubt it is a chypre and I think that category is obsolete today with so many other top note and base combinations of synthetics and naturals that create a chypre like effect. Anyway I like Aventus more than other Creeds. GIT, MI and BDP are fantastic scents but are getting a little over-used, abused and worn out for me to want to put them #1 in Creeds lineup.

I will probably go to my grave extolling the virtues of the wonderful, underrated Green Valley, but for sheer versatility I would have to choose GIT.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    GIT, if you cant tell the difference between GIT and Cool Water maybe you should find a new hobby.

Maybe you can, but most people (with no parfume knowledge) will mistake it with cool water. Cool Water is well known, Creed isn't so known. You'll be the "is that cool water?" boy for most people.

I voted for Himalaya... i'll be the "is that Paco Rabanne XS?" guy. At least it has better longevity and projection than XS, but i know most people around me don't even know what creed is (c'mon, even in the big department stor that sells Creed most SA didn't know what Creed was and i found the Creed Shelves on my own, by pure luck. Paco XS is well known, so, there are differences but most people won't notice. I've learned to live with it.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    It would be Cuir de Russie.
    +1 Simply 'cuz I LOVE it. No other reasons necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I'm referring to the 95+ percent population that would know nothing about CREED fragrances let alone GIT.

I got about 4 compliments wearing Aventus today, and they weren't just "you smell good," they were "you smell sooooo good, I want to hover around you." And these were all from people that have never noticed the other fragrances I wear daily.

The last two compliments were 9 hours after application too, btw.

I was being a bit cheeky when I voted "none" but in all seriousness...Royal Oud. I love that stuff. Millesime Tabarome is pretty awesome, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Maybe you can, but most people (with no parfume knowledge) will mistake it with cool water. Cool Water is well known, Creed isn't so known. You'll be the "is that cool water?" boy for most people.

I voted for Himalaya... i'll be the "is that Paco Rabanne XS?" guy. At least it has better longevity and projection than XS, but i know most people around me don't even know what creed is (c'mon, even in the big department stor that sells Creed most SA didn't know what Creed was and i found the Creed Shelves on my own, by pure luck. Paco XS is well known, so, there are differences but most people won't notice. I've learned to live with it.
    LOL, the perfume section SA's at El Corte Inglés are generally clueless about what they're selling...
    Back on topic, of the five or six Creeds I've sampled, I've only bought a decant of GIT. It smells like an "upgraded generic aquatic", which means that it is tastier and kind of more fruity than the average aquatic without being cloying. I also enjoyed Baie de Genièvre...

Good to know Aventus edged out GIT.

A lot of Creeds are so easy to like but if I had to choose one it would be Millesime Imperial just for the olfactory satisfaction it brings me.

Aventus, without a doubt

Pass.

Just curious which batches of MI had the watered down top note??? ie: watermelon note

This question is very easy for me!

Cypres-Musc

Delicious, smooth musky-woody scent with a unique licorice-root accord. Love it, and would happily own it if it weren't several dozen bottles down on my to-own list and discontinued.

It is my favorite Creed, but I just don't love Creed that much.

I'll happily stick with GIT as The One, still have a bit left in my 1997 flacon.

Honourable mention Tabarome Millesime (2002), Original Vetiver (2005) (yup - 'the two unloved' but they have happy memories for me) and Angelique Encens (2008).

Unquestionably Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I got about 4 compliments wearing Aventus today, and they weren't just "you smell good," they were "you smell sooooo good, I want to hover around you." And these were all from people that have never noticed the other fragrances I wear daily.

The last two compliments were 9 hours after application too, btw.

Let me guess you couldn't smell a damn thing either. Aventus plays hide and seek, which Batch do you have ?

Probably VIW.

Other: Baie de Genievre.

The outstanding and completely unique dusty green cinnamon juice that stands alone in the cold while everyone ignores it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

1. GIT
    2. Aventus
    3. Green Valley
    4. Tabarome Millesime
    Gary

Green Irish Tweed

Banned

+1 Aventus

Acier aluminum or baie de genievre. Booth special and unique...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

SMW, I am in my fourth 4.0 oz bottle already and I have stashed away 2 more as a back up.
    My second choice would be Himalaya

Windsor I

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    BdP
    This , next would be viw and then git.

Bois du Portugal, please.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

Blog Entries

1) Erolfa
    2) SMW

summer means fireflys

I voted Bois du Portugal, but I have to say that Vintage Tabarome would be my fantasy bottle.

Aventus to me is a Mercedes CL, GIT is a Mercedes S-Class. Both highly desirable, I would prefer the CL 95% of the time, but the S is timeless, and I would miss having a sedan 5% of the time.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Blog Entries

I did buy only one. Although I'm not well-versed in Creed, the only one I've found that I like is Irisia.
    jtd

Could never select one:

GIT
    Aventus
    MI
    SMW
    Vintage Tabarome
    Spice and Wood (although too expensive)
    SV
    others.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?