Code of Conduct

Default When SCENT gets you the girl. A quick story to inspire you . READ : )

Hey everyone! I posted this in a response to the "Best Compliment Ever Received" and figured I'd share something personal to inspire people who are looking for love/someone to be with. Sometimes scent can mean more than you think.

"I was walking toward this beautiful girl at a house party, we lock eyes, she smiles, and we pass each other. I was headed to talk to my friend when my wrist is taken from behind. I turn around and there she was all puppy-eyed and she says, " I just wanted to say your the most delicious thing I've ever smelled, my name is _______. What are you wearing." I replied, " I'll tell you later but right now I'm GOING to get to know you." I was wearing MUSC RAVAGEUR. She is now my girlfriend, soon to be fiance. Thank You Maurice : ) "

Default Re: When SCENT gets you the girl. A quick story to inspire you . READ : )

Quote Originally Posted by Infowarrior View Post
    Hey everyone! I posted this in a response to the "Best Compliment Ever Received" and figured I'd share something personal to inspire people who are looking for love/someone to be with. Sometimes scent can mean more than you think.

"I was walking toward this beautiful girl at a house party, we lock eyes, she smiles, and we pass each other. I was headed to talk to my friend when my wrist is taken from behind. I turn around and there she was all puppy-eyed and she says, " I just wanted to say your the most delicious thing I've ever smelled, my name is _______. What are you wearing." I replied, " I'll tell you later but right now I'm GOING to get to know you." I was wearing MUSC RAVAGEUR. She is now my girlfriend, soon to be fiance. Thank You Maurice : ) "
    There's nothing I like more than an early morning, fictional story.

Default Re: When SCENT gets you the girl. A quick story to inspire you . READ : )

Well, I believe it . I find many people don't lie that much online, easy to weed out the trolls. Whether the story is fake or not, it stood out in that topic and I enjoyed it.

Good luck dude ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    There's nothing I like more than an early morning, fictional story.
    Cynical, much?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Cynical, much?
    No, just bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    No, just bored.
    How very sad. You must inject some more joie de vivre in your life.

Ennui is the most depressing thing ever, to be avoided at all costs.

I think this tale, fanciful or not, is uplifting. A lot more uplifting than fake scents made for and by fake aristocrats.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

is musc ravageur really that good?
    i've sampled it once with some girl friends to get their opinion, but they each said it smelled like sweaty balls.
    they did agree drydown was better but not worth it especially the way the initial 1-2 hours smell

i wouldn't go as far to call it sweaty balls, as it's been a while since i smelled a pair but the drydown is very very nice.
    contemplating if this should be my first niche purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    is musc ravageur really that good?
    Let's just say it's divisive

Yes uplifting and hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    How very sad. You must inject some more joie de vivre in your life.

Ennui is the most depressing thing ever, to be avoided at all costs.

I think this tale, fanciful or not, is uplifting. A lot more uplifting than fake scents made for and by fake aristocrats.
    It was just a joke. I'm sorry.

It was just a joke. I'm sorry.
    Dont be sorry, people apparently dont share your humor, your comment made me smile.

Congrats, but im sure she would have said the same thing if you were wearing any other perfume

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    I find many people don't lie that much online
    You've not been online very long, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by YEAHBUDDY View Post
    You've not been online very long, have you?
    This made me laugh.

O/T- Primrose have you been reading A Picture of Dorian Grey recently? I know that it was that book that inspired me to start using the word 'ennui'. Good ol' Henry...
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Great story. A good fragrance most likely isn't the only thing that gets someone a girl though.

Don't be fooled.
    Scent never gets you the girl.
    YOU always get the girl.

One property scent does have, is to give girls who already want you, a convenient and pleasant excuse to be the one to approach you first, strongly, without feeling a certain way while doing it. Next to looks & height, imho Scent is THE perfect 'mute icebreaker'.

This is the kind of story you enjoy with a pint of ale. And you tell AFTER a pint of ale
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Great story - so pleasat to read, I don't even care whether it's fictional or not

It must have been at least 3 hrs after you applied it. Lucky she didn't meet you before that.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    A lot more uplifting than fake scents made for and by fake aristocrats.
    Is this aimed at my selfproclaimed, thus fake, aristocratic ass, my dear Primrose?!

Nice story. Musc Ravageur definitely can have that effect on women. I wore it to work on a couple of occasions and the comments I received from some of my female coworkers seemed to be more of the "I want you" nature rather than the typical "You smell nice today" type.

I've posted the story once before of coming home from work one night and some hot punk rock chicks in fishnet stockings were hanging out on the fire escape of my building-- they were being very snotty and brash. I remember them heckling me as I walked in from the parking lot like I was some "square" or something. I got inside and changed my clothes and gave myself a few good hits of Comme des Garšons SKAI and leaving my unit to go get a soda from the vending machine. I had to pass these girls in the hallway and about 5 seconds after passing, they all turned around and one of them said something like "Oh my God you smell AMAZING! What are you wearing?!" Then they invited me to a party that was going on.

Sometimes the right fragrance can really get someone's attention. Think about how few people really bother to wear scents these days-- and when somebody does wear something that's a cut above, it definitely can be that "X factor" that puts you over the top. I'm not into the notion of "panty droppers"-- I find that phrase really stupid, childish and annoying, but certainly the right fragrance can be the one thing that makes you stand out in a way that elicits a conversation. Ever been to a social event and wound up talking to a girl you thought was WAY out of your league when suddenly the subject of music comes up and it turns out that you both love the same obscure artist, for example? Then after that, it's a walk in the park. Sometimes the right fragrance can do that.

How can something mediocre as musc ravageur gets you a girl?

Last time i worn it best thing i heard was: what the hell are you wearing? (not in a nice way)

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I replied, " I'll tell you later but right now I'm GOING to get to know you."
    Now THAT'S the part that got her really interested. A healthy dose of confidence & an element of intrigue. Pretty smooth, dude!

********** Don't miss the woods for the trees. ***********

Yes it's true. Admittedly it's the confidence, good looks, and charm that win her over but it was the fragrance that got her to come to me. She was leaving and no one knew who she was so the likelihood of me seeing her again was pretty slim.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Yes it's true. Admittedly it's the confidence, good looks, and charm that win her over but it was the fragrance that got her to come to me. She was leaving and no one knew who she was so the likelihood of me seeing her again was pretty slim.
    I suppose the fragrance gave her a convenient opening. Even if you weren't wearing any fragrance that evening, I'm sure she would have found some other ways to compliment you... Her smile when you both locked eyes for the first time signals 'attraction'. Of course there is also the possibility she was just being polite. Was that why you didn't make the first move?

She is now my girlfriend, soon to be fiance. Thank You Maurice : ) "
    Whoa. That was quick... Go and tell dating websites!
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Rad! I think Frederic Malle owes you a complimentary bottle

Hah - the modesty

Blog Entries

Put on some Fierce and this WILL actually happen to you...as loong as you don't look like this:

It must be true, life is better with these wonderful things. Good luck, and never run out of that scent ever.